Tom, could you please release a version of the today plus theme with the blue/purple lightning background that only includes calendar and messages on the main screen? (omitting the SMS and MMS)?? That's what I'm really hoping for!
    That would indeed be great, only because I'd like to have more calendar entries visible.
    01-22-09 12:15 PM
    So can I purchase the L theme and change it to the docked theme? I am confused why I have to purchase them separately and if I buy one, why I cant change to the other.

Also, has the vertical scroll been fixed with the "L" theme? I have read a lot of this post but not found it to be working yet and cannot read through the entire post.

Thanks.
    01-22-09 01:40 PM
    So can I purchase the L theme and change it to the docked theme? I am confused why I have to purchase them separately and if I buy one, why I cant change to the other.
    What exactly are you confused about?
    Last edited by igorlevit; 01-22-09 at 02:04 PM.
    01-22-09 01:54 PM

Also, has the vertical scroll been fixed with the "L" theme? I have read a lot of this post but not found it to be working yet and cannot read through the entire post.

Thanks.
    THe L theme and the bottom dock theme are two different versions. I am also releasing a today plus theme which should be available this weekend. The "free upgrades" doesn't refer to upgrading from the "bottom dock" to the "L", as that is not an upgrade but a separate theme. The "upgrades" refer to the individual theme purchased and if any issues arise, they will be addressed in "upgrades". For instance, the scrolling in the L theme. Hopefully (I believe this to be true) when the next version of themebuilder is released, the ability to have vertical and horizontal scrolling will be addressed and fixed in an "upgrade".

Currently with the version of themebuilder available, scrolling through the icons on the homescreen (left/right) is only allowed in one direction while the other direction is dedicated to scrolling up to the profiles icon (up/down). I hope I may have answered all of your questions. If you have any other questions, you can always email me at [email protected] . Thanks!
    01-22-09 02:20 PM
    I am wondering, would there be interest in simply a "today" theme with no bottom dock?
    01-22-09 02:47 PM
    I am wondering, would there be interest in simply a "today" theme with no bottom dock?
    If that would increase the amount of calendar sub-entries then I'm in
    01-22-09 03:00 PM
    Hey I found a small thing that I am going to fix which should make its way into the upcoming release of the Today Plus theme. It has to do with the New Message Count Text.

It can look pretty cluttered up there if you happen to have a lot of messages.

Here there are 12 SMS messages, one more than the previous picture above. Because the 2 in "12" is wider than the 1 in "11", the SMS icon gets cut off.

Above is the proper size that the message count font should be. Previously, I was using the size the Bold uses. This size is the correct size that corresponds to the icons. Here you can see that all of the icons fit nicely above without any over crowding. This will also benefit to those people who have 100+ unread messages. If you have any comments about this let me know but this is going to be added into the today plus theme as well as the updates to the other themes.

Oh, and by the way, the reason that the facebook and myspace icons are messed up is that the icon for facebook in the banner is the same size as the icons in the default dimension themes. That is why it looks normal when using the dimension themes. But the curve 8900 icons in the banner here are 2 pixels larger and that messes up the default size of the facebook icon. I don't want to scale down the curve 8900 icons either because they will get less sharp.
    Last edited by tom1l21; 01-22-09 at 06:21 PM.
    01-22-09 05:36 PM
    Tom could you please email me at [email protected]

I got aq few ? For you.

Thanks.
    Jared

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 06:00 PM
    so calender myspace aim yahoo msn icq yahoo bbm google talk will they all fit
    01-22-09 08:16 PM
    so calender myspace aim yahoo msn icq yahoo bbm google talk will they all fit
    I believe the most that will fit at one time is 3 icons.
    01-22-09 10:15 PM
    Would anyone be interested in removing the Profiles icon from the banner? This way, if you scroll up or left, it will scroll backwards, and if you scroll right or down it will scroll forwards. It still isn't perfect like the normal L where when you scroll up it instantly goes up, but its a step in the right direction. If you choose to keep the profiles icon in the banner, you will again have only horizontal scrolling. Let me know what you all want.
    01-22-09 10:16 PM
    NO...please keep it there. I use it ALL the time. One reason I like your themes over others. It's just one of the reasons Tom...but I really want it to stay !!

I can live with horizontal scrolling...and when new theme builder comes out you can send an update...right?

Don't take out the profile icon !!
    01-22-09 10:20 PM
    BTW...on a today plus theme...how important are the message count icons up top anyway? You have the "count" on the "today" screen anyway...right?
    01-22-09 10:25 PM
    BTW...on a today plus theme...how important are the message count icons up top anyway? You have the "count" on the "today" screen anyway...right?

well I wouldn't ever get rid of them because they are a staple part of any theme, even if they are displayed on the homescreen in a today plus theme. I was just letting everyone know that I was changing the font up a tad since I was using the font that is used for the bold. It looks better when it gets filled up with the smaller font, no crowding.
    01-22-09 10:34 PM
    I was just wondering...

Just keep the profile icon in the banner...that IS important.
    01-22-09 10:39 PM
    if you could make the count font alittle bold it would look stunning, I'm sorry man but I'm really looking forward to the update, I'm like a kid at a toy store. Thanks again for all your hardwork.
    01-22-09 10:39 PM
    if you could make the count font alittle bold it would look stunning, I'm sorry man but I'm really looking forward to the update, I'm like a kid at a toy store. Thanks again for all your hardwork.
    There are fonts designed by RIM that you cannot change the color or size of. This is one of them along with the font used in the today areas. I hope it isn't too much of an issue, I just wanted to use the font that the 8900 uses, not the bold, since I am trying to "replicate" every aspect of the theme. Also, I think it gets less crowded up there when you wake up and notice you have a bunch of emails, sms, and missed calls
    01-22-09 10:44 PM
    Would anyone be interested in removing the Profiles icon from the banner? This way, if you scroll up or left, it will scroll backwards, and if you scroll right or down it will scroll forwards. It still isn't perfect like the normal L where when you scroll up it instantly goes up, but its a step in the right direction. If you choose to keep the profiles icon in the banner, you will again have only horizontal scrolling. Let me know what you all want.
    Keep the Profile in the banner, its a good indicator to what profile you are currently using. The messages count on the banner can be scaled down to accommodate large numbers of messages.
    01-23-09 04:36 AM
    Keep the Profile in the banner, its a good indicator to what profile you are currently using. The messages count on the banner can be scaled down to accommodate large numbers of messages.
    Yeah the font was too big, its supposed to be the smaller size. I think it looks better too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:38 AM
    Hey Tom, when (approx) do you think to release an update to the bottom dock theme?
    01-23-09 07:57 AM
    I'm also for the banner profile indicator. I think it's handy to easily see what profile state you're in.

Tom quick question about the today theme...I normally keep all my e-mails/sms/mms combined in one message folder. Would I have to separate them for the theme to work properly?
    01-23-09 08:18 AM
    can the categories in the "today" section be changed? rather than having all messages, can i have an email and sms listed separately up there?
    01-23-09 09:36 AM
    can the categories in the "today" section be changed? rather than having all messages, can i have an email and sms listed separately up there?
    Currently, I am going to offer it with SMS and Messages. I might release one in the near future with just messages and calendar
    01-23-09 09:02 PM
    Awesome!! I was worried that SMS and messages wouldn't be separated. I can hardly wait!
    01-23-09 09:05 PM
    Hey Tom, I couldn't find it in this thread, but I just ordered the 8900. Is this theme compatible with that model? All this anticipation of the new Today Plus, and I may not be able to use it! Ugh!
    01-23-09 09:07 PM
1,368 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD