I'm using the MySpace app, and I noticed that there isn't any message indicator in this theme.
    12-18-08 10:58 AM
    this theme looks real good! the only thing i would recommend is the grey and silver bar at the top that you see in the options menu or other menus like that, where it says options, that if you could make that black instead it would be perfect.
    12-18-08 04:18 PM
    i second ^adam!
    12-18-08 04:44 PM
    ... any chance of an "L" theme?
    12-18-08 04:52 PM
    hey all, ill have an update in a week or so. hopefully i can correct a few remaining issues. 1 major issue that has to be corrected is the date bar.
    -If you change the date to may 14th 2008, for instance, it gets cut off, so i have to expand the date bar
    -make the dialog box font and button font the same size as the menu list
    -remove bold font when highlighted on menu (what do you think?) personally, I don't like the bold font
    -add red font to urgent messages
    -support 4.2

Also, those of you who have problems with the font in facebook and other programs, this is an OS 4.3 issue. Those 3rd party apps use the menu and dialog box fonts for their programs and both of those fonts are white. The only solution would be for me to change that font in the menus and dialog boxes to something like grey, red, etc. This would take away from the bold appeal as there are only white fonts on black backgrounds. I will make a standard version for 4.3/4.2 with whatever font colors you guys decide upon, however, I will only do one version. If you decide you want other colors, you'll have to supply a donation.
    Thanks Tom, really look forward to 4.2 version. BTW, can we have a version where all theme fonts remain unchanged and leave it as default setting for email, sms and address..etc. I believe this will reflects the genuine feel of all BB's default themes. Thanks for your hard work.
    12-18-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks Tom, really look forward to 4.2 version. BTW, can we have a version where all theme fonts remain unchanged and leave it as default setting for email, sms and address..etc. I believe this will reflects the genuine feel of all BB's default themes. Thanks for your hard work.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here, but in 4.3 there are certain areas where the font is locked to whatever font I leave it on themebuilder. This is the menu and dialog boxes (standard even for 4.5) also the option menus as well as the date in the messages list. Also under 4.3, fonts in programs like facebook use the menu fonts and colors so it makes them hard to see. In OS 4.5, programs like facebook use a default color (usually black) so that the font shows up to be seen easily.

Also, concerning the banner, the reason why I didn't make it black and left it grey is because, unfortunately, the default color for the banner text is like a smokey grey (won't be able to see it over a black banner) and if I change the font to white, it will lock the font. Therefore, if you change your font in the screen/keyboard options, the font will stay locked to what its set to in themebuilder. This also locks the size too. So I'm not quite sure what you all want me to do, personally I don't care too much about it but if you all want to agree on a certain size for the titlebar font say size 10 (i'll make the font be BBAlpha_Sans and BBCasual for both of of the respective versions I offer).

I'll probably offer an L theme when the new plazmic comes out where it lets you scroll down and then left on L themes. Currently, you can only scroll in one plane.

Also not really sure why the message indicator doesn't show up. Do you mean the actual picture of the facebook indicator in the banner or the little red star that shows up next to it?
    Last edited by tom1l21; 12-18-08 at 07:35 PM.
    12-18-08 07:33 PM
    I liked the size of the dock icons and clock on the original 8900 replica, however I do prefer the smaller font size on the menus of the update. Any chance of making a version including the best of both (in my opinion, of course)

Thanks,
    MLD

It takes a bit of time to due OTA and re create themes, so Im asking for a donation of $5 for any custom themes via OTA. If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks!
    12-18-08 07:46 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here, but in 4.3 there are certain areas where the font is locked to whatever font I leave it on themebuilder. This is the menu and dialog boxes (standard even for 4.5) also the option menus as well as the date in the messages list. Also under 4.3, fonts in programs like facebook use the menu fonts and colors so it makes them hard to see. In OS 4.5, programs like facebook use a default color (usually black) so that the font shows up to be seen easily.

Also, concerning the banner, the reason why I didn't make it black and left it grey is because, unfortunately, the default color for the banner text is like a smokey grey (won't be able to see it over a black banner) and if I change the font to white, it will lock the font. Therefore, if you change your font in the screen/keyboard options, the font will stay locked to what its set to in themebuilder. This also locks the size too. So I'm not quite sure what you all want me to do, personally I don't care too much about it but if you all want to agree on a certain size for the titlebar font say size 10 (i'll make the font be BBAlpha_Sans and BBCasual for both of of the respective versions I offer).

I'll probably offer an L theme when the new plazmic comes out where it lets you scroll down and then left on L themes. Currently, you can only scroll in one plane.

Also not really sure why the message indicator doesn't show up. Do you mean the actual picture of the facebook indicator in the banner or the little red star that shows up next to it?
    Thanks Tom for your prompt reply,

For the font issues, there is not problem at all, you have done excellent job without no doubts. I was refering to the fonts insides mails, sms and adress book applications. ie. all these fonts are all set to be same as what ever default fonts set inside options-screen/keyboard.

BTW, can this version be converted to 4.2? Thanks mate
    12-18-08 08:28 PM
    Super smooth. I love this theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 09:31 PM
    Nice theme thanks

12-18-08 10:58 PM
    Yes, get rid of that bold menu highlight.

Also MySpace indicators show up fine for me.

12-19-08 12:46 PM
    AWESOME THEME!!
    Also waiting for the Today theme. What is the small problem keeping Today out our reach?
    12-19-08 01:15 PM
    is it the today theme (no icons on the bottom) or today plus (icons on bottom also)????

dont mind the bold thing, do whatever you want with that
    12-19-08 02:03 PM
    Great theme! Thanks!

12-19-08 02:20 PM
    I think that the theme is perfect as is but if you do update it will you make the old versions available so that people can use the ones that they like the best?
    12-19-08 02:47 PM
    Hmmm if you switch this theme back and forth with the L theme it seems to lag abit (with the scrolling ?) and work on the today plus later, he said there was something he was trying to fix I can't wait for the update it's utterly smashing.
    12-19-08 03:18 PM
    Anyone else getting a 404 on the 4_3 Sans link?

Nevermind got it
    Last edited by krs7272; 12-20-08 at 11:41 AM.
    12-20-08 10:12 AM
    Hi Tom. Just wanted to say thanks for the Curve 8900 Replica theme. It is both gorgeous and functional, and running without problems on my Curve 8310.

ScarberiaJeepGuy
    12-20-08 10:53 AM
    WOW I must say this is a great theme!! Many Thanx Tom
    12-20-08 02:11 PM
    This looks great...any way to get a 4.2 version? I can't upgrade to a new OS...
    12-21-08 04:32 AM
    alright. certain icons just don't show up at all in my bb menu. ones such as power, connections, ect and most importantly options.. now i can't change out of this theme or anything else. anyone willing to tell me why?
    12-21-08 09:35 AM
    alright. certain icons just don't show up at all in my bb menu. ones such as power, connections, ect and most importantly options.. now i can't change out of this theme or anything else. anyone willing to tell me why?
    Look ikn the folder ... I think its called applications or something like that. I already deleted the folder and put everything back.

12-21-08 09:41 AM
    Look ikn the folder ... I think its called applications or something like that. I already deleted the folder and put everything back.

right of course i noticed that after playing around with it. i just jumped the gun and decided to asked before i looked harder. thanks. also, in op it has a "gps" or "maps" icon that i dont see. is that suppose to replace telenav or google maps? or just blackberry maps? it's second screeny and second row, second from left. next to browser.

btw, nice theme, Tom.
    12-21-08 10:00 AM
    nice theme
    12-21-08 10:10 AM
    Exactly what I was looking for thank you so much
    12-21-08 11:16 AM
1,368 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD