looks great keep it up.
    06-29-09 12:24 PM
    Ok, so I have a question for all the users that would like a Bolt/Opera friendly version. I can't do one for every version already offered so...which one would you like?
    06-29-09 12:46 PM
    I've been playing with some photo editing software and I MAY have stumbled on a workaround that solves the disappearing menu text issue while still maintaining a certain degee of transparency. If this works out, I may have to market it.

Stay tuned. I want to do some more extensive testing to be sure solving this problem doesn't create any new ones elsewhere in the theme. If I can verify it works without a hitch, I may just update all versions to include the new background.
    06-29-09 04:35 PM
    No luck on the battery pull, to be more specific, it doesn't show a preview for SMS messages. It will only show that I have "1 unread messages)"

It does give a preview for missed calls.
    06-29-09 04:38 PM
    No luck on the battery pull, to be more specific, it doesn't show a preview for SMS messages. It will only show that I have "1 unread messages)"

It does give a preview for missed calls.
    That's changeable by the end user. If you want texts to show up on the today portion of the screen:

Open Messages, push menu button, select options, general options, set "SMS and Email inboxes" to combined.

If I'm not understanding the question correctly, let me know. I think that's what you meant.
    06-29-09 04:50 PM
    That worked like a charm!

Pardon my manners though, I was too busy trying to figure this out to thank you for the awesome looking theme you have provided us!

It looks awesome!
    06-29-09 05:03 PM

Pardon my manners though, I was too busy trying to figure this out to thank you for the awesome looking theme you have provided us!

It looks awesome!
    Thank you very much for the kind words.
    06-29-09 11:06 PM
    Due to a host of user concerns with disappearing menus on Opera, Bolt and certain other 3rd party software, I set out to find a solution that plagues many themes of a similar design. The issue is with the transparent menu backgrounds many of us love to have. They look great but the known issue of menu text blinking on and off is a pain.

I've been set on keeping them transparent as many theme builders do but I've always wanted to find a workaround and haven't come across a good one yet. Today, I sat down, got serious and discovered a way to maintain some transparency on the menu such that the transparent portion appears as somewhat of a frame around many of the menu/selection boxes...a sort of best of all worlds. Some will be solid black with the same white text but still maintain the look I set out for. I haven't seen this done yet so I really hope all of you enjoy it. I liked it so much that I decided to update ALL versions. You can now enjoy Opera, Bolt, and I hope pretty much any 3rd party software without issue.

All versions have been tested and all links verified.

Thank you all,
    Jeff
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 06-29-09 at 11:18 PM.
    06-29-09 11:16 PM
    Any chance you could add the network type back in to the left of the signal. Diagnosing connection issues is much easier when one can see the connection type. Thanks.
    06-30-09 02:41 PM
    I really love this theme and have been using it solely for a while now. The only thing I would like to see happen, is the network indicator. As it is it does not show is it's 1x, 1evdo. Can that be changed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 07:58 PM
    I really love this theme and have been using it solely for a while now. The only thing I would like to see happen, is the network indicator. As it is it does not show is it's 1x, 1evdo. Can that be changed?
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm up for that idea. I'm with you guys on that being a worthwhile addition plus I forgot to do one other small cosmetic change with the last upgrade. (For those using the theme with regularity, the messages/menu highlight bar with be changed to a slightly darker shade of blue. I've been wanting to do that for awhile for added crispness and it's also been asked privately by several users). I'll knock them both out ASAP and update the thread with a notification when complete.
    06-30-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks you are the man. I will try to send out a donation to support the cause.

06-30-09 08:29 PM
    I really like the contrast. It really is a sharp design. Great job!!!!
    06-30-09 08:58 PM
    Hey all,
    I burned some midnight oil and made the changes to include the network indicator and I darkened the cursor (highlight bar) for the messages. (for scrolling through texts, emails, etc.) The color change alone is worth updating if you are a current user of this theme! I thought it would make a nicer contrast but turned out to far exceed my expectations, I love it.

All versions and all OTA links tested for function.

Really hope you guys enjoy the changes and thanks to all for the positive feedback. Couldn't do it without all of you.

Enjoy,
    Jeff
    07-01-09 12:52 AM
    Great job!
    07-01-09 02:42 AM
    Wow, I did not expect overnight delivery. Thanks. I do notice that the network symbol does not show up when I'm online. Should it?

07-01-09 07:29 AM
    Wow, I did not expect overnight delivery. Thanks. I do notice that the network symbol does not show up when I'm online. Should it?
    The network indicator only shows in the homepage banner and that cannot be changed. When the browser is open, there are 3 interlocking squares to the left of the signal bar. I THINK that might be RIM's solution to showing connectivity in some fashion when browsing due to the more narrow banner that lays atop the browser. That might be a question for the heavyweight experts though in order to get the absolute answer.

Also, you probably already know this but one quick way to check for sure is to close the browser temporarily by using the "end call" button. This keeps the browser running in the background and returns you to the homepage where status can be verified. Since most of us have the browser icon on our homepage, when you click on it, the browser re-opens right to where you left off instead of starting from scratch. Kind of a workaround but the best way I know to be sure and it only takes a couple seconds without losing your place on the net.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 07-01-09 at 11:07 AM.
    07-01-09 10:53 AM
    It's hard to choose. So, maybe i'll get them all and then decide later on. lol
    07-01-09 12:05 PM
    Oh man, I have to admit - that's a sweet-lookin theme. Will look great on my blacked out 8330.

Thanks man!
    07-01-09 04:09 PM
    Thank you both.

Oh man, I have to admit - that's a sweet-lookin theme. Will look great on my blacked out 8330.
    I'd kinda like to see that one myself.
    07-01-09 09:50 PM
    I like the theme, I just don't like the scrolling, oh well. Good job though

07-02-09 02:25 AM
    Thanks for the theme! Its my main today theme.

07-05-09 01:15 AM
    Thanks for the theme! Its my main today theme.

That's the best compliment I could get. Thank you! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
    07-07-09 09:10 PM
    does it show 1XEV?
    07-09-09 11:23 PM
    does it show 1XEV?
    Yes it does. It doesn't show on the screenshots but was added later by popular request. I'll update the screenshots in the near future.
    07-09-09 11:33 PM
177 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD