excellent! thanks very much.
    07-10-09 01:37 AM
    I like! I'm looking forward to the ones you make for the TOUR (hint hint)
    07-10-09 05:58 AM
    Thank you both.

I'd kinda like to see that one myself.
    I'l get you some pictures within the next week, hopefully sooner. Not sure, to be honest, but we'll see what we can do. Perhaps even tomorrow...

Sorry this is only coming up now, I just saw the request to see it.
    07-11-09 03:47 AM
    NO OTA installs, as I don't have a data plan. That hasn't stopped me from surfing,of course, but the OTA's just won't work for me.

Thanks!
    07-11-09 03:47 PM
    Thanks for a very nice theme, I had to redo my berry and the version I downloaded, dock+calendar+messages seems to be just dock+calendar

Precision_83xx_full_ota/com_plazmic_theme_precision_83xx_full.jad

anyone else or am I having a "moment" ?

thanks again for this great theme!
    07-11-09 05:03 PM
    Thanks for a very nice theme, I had to redo my berry and the version I downloaded, dock+calendar+messages seems to be just dock+calendar

Precision_83xx_full_ota/com_plazmic_theme_precision_83xx_full.jad

anyone else or am I having a "moment" ?

thanks again for this great theme!
    Just tested the link and it's working good. Not sure what's going on. When loaded however, it shows up as Precison_83xx_Full. No mention of calendar and messages...I just considered that the 'full' version.

Make sure you have previous full version deleted first, then restart handheld as requested, then navigate to OTA and download.
    07-11-09 06:58 PM
    Nice, love the wallpaper!
    07-11-09 11:05 PM
    Nice job on the theme. I like the smaller icons, I just wish the font was a little bigger LOL. Keep up the good work.
    07-11-09 11:18 PM
    Thanks, that did the trick, great theme !
    07-12-09 12:38 PM
    Thanks, that did the trick, great theme !
    Cool, I was getting nervous there for a minute.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    07-13-09 03:45 PM
    iowabowtech - love your theme, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Go Hawks!
    07-18-09 08:51 PM
    Go Hawks!
    You're speaking my language there.
    Thanks.
    07-20-09 09:06 AM
    This is a great theme, one of the best to be honest. I love how you shrunk the icons down a bit to fit more rows to be on screen at once. My only gripes are, the font is size 8 instead of 9, which is what I am used to. Not a huge deal b/c it's only one size down just wish the fonts were customizeable. I just matched it w/ the rest of the fonts. The homescreen doesn't tell U what the app is which, isn't a huge deal b/c I've had the same set up forever so I got all the icons memorized. The profile icon highlights different than I'm used to, but doesn't bother me much at all. So I guess to make it perfect for me I'd say make the font size 9 or customizeable 'n show the app names on the main screen! Otherwise, a very very awesome theme!!

*EDIT* I don't know if I am feeling the placement of the alarm icon, I'm used to it being right next to the time and date, but the icon itself though is cool looking. My old one was a gold bell which didn't fit my dark theme. I like the icons used for ALT, NUM LOCK, Shift and CAP Lock. They are different than what I'm used to but sweet looking.

*EDIT* Also, IDK if I'm liking that the lock screen isn't changeable. It's not a huge deal breaker, but still I like all 3 of my backgrounds to match, LOCK SCREEN, APP SCREEN 'n MAIN SCREEN.
    Last edited by PoPcOrNPiMpZ; 07-20-09 at 11:32 AM.
    07-20-09 11:03 AM
    You're speaking my language there.
    Thanks.
    I love this theme, but I do have a small request...I'm not a huge fan of the bold icons, my perfect theme would be this theme but using the curve icons. Is that a possibility? I can give you a donation if need be...

Thanks!
    07-20-09 08:11 PM
    I love this theme, but I do have a small request...I'm not a huge fan of the bold icons, my perfect theme would be this theme but using the curve icons. Is that a possibility? I can give you a donation if need be...

Thanks!
    PM sent.

10 char
    07-20-09 08:42 PM
    PM sent.

10 char
    Ok, thanks, I had to post one more thing before I can send you a reply.
    07-20-09 08:45 PM
    The profile icon highlights different than I'm used to, but doesn't bother me much at all.
    Hi, I missed your post at first...wasn't meaning to ignore you.
    The profile icon DOES highlight a little strangely and it's always bugged me a little but I've tried several times to find the answer and was unsuccessful. After reading this, I gave it one more shot and finally found that the problem was a slight sizing error on the focus icon. I changed it and will updating all download links in the next couple days to reflect the changes.

As to some of the other thoughts you mentioned, the fonts are something I plan to keep the same. The idea behind this theme was to create something where all things stay small and crisp. In order to make the fonts customizable, I have to use the default fonts for EVERYTHING and that simply won't fit into the template of this theme otherwise I would absolutely do that. However, if you would like a custom version with larger fonts, please PM me with a request and we can work something out. I could also move the alarm notifier at that time.

Not sure how to deal with the homescreen, lockscreen, apps screen concern because the homescreen and lockscreen are already the same. The apps screen needs to remain the standard precision apps background IMO because the globe shown on the other 2 screens tends to blend oddly with the icons that would overlay it.

I will post when the profiles icon update is complete to let everyone know. It will be applied to all versions.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    07-21-09 03:51 PM
    Yeah, the profile icon doesn't bother me at all, it is actually pretty cool b/c it is different. Although, when U highlight it there is an extra sound wave line, if that makes sense lol. As for the font, it is no biggie at all!! I like the size 8 with that theme, fits well. I was just so used to size 9 from my other themes, so it will just take time to get used to. The wallpaper issue also isn't huge but when I use a custom wallpaper it changes the home screen 'n app screen but not the lock screen. It is just odd to me for some reason lol. So my main concern to make it great for me would be fixing where the alarm is placed 'n maybe using size 9 font for all the menus 'n apps. The homescreen doesn't need font b/c I have all my app icons memorized.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 03:57 PM
    So my main concern to make it great for me would be fixing where the alarm is placed 'n maybe using size 9 font for all the menus 'n apps. The homescreen doesn't need font b/c I have all my app icons memorized.
    Ok, I'll take that into account when making the profile icon change. I know what you mean about the extra 'wave line', that's what I'm going to eliminate. Unique maybe but not what I intended. The changed version looks cleaner which is a key point in this theme's intent.

I'm like you, I intentionally left out the app font on the homescreen because I feel like most of us know the main 6 apps we always use. Seemed like clutter to me and it simply won't fit anyway on versions with 2 items in the today section. Bottom dock only, calendar only and messages only could include it but I guess I figured may as well keep them the same across all versions. I'd add the text to those 3 versions though if I got a lot of response to do so.

Thanks again for the constructive input. I'll take these thoughts into account in the upcoming update.

Jeff
    07-21-09 04:10 PM
    Yeah, the theme U made is beyond awesome!! Just a few tweeks would make it a 10/10 in my mind. Like I said b4 I love the ALT, NUM lock and shift icons. The lack of app names on the home screen is perfectly fine for me. I have a Storm L style theme that I use off and on w/ yours, that has them, and they overlap the left side icons. I wouldn't mind the clock being slightly bigger, but not a deal breaker. I'm starting to get used to, and like, this size 8 font. Sometimes it sucks on the browser, but on other Apps and messages it looks cleaner and U can see/read more at once. It seems the lock screen image is not able to be customized. Wish it was. Ummmm, I don't think I seen anything else that bugged me. I'ma little OCD about stuff being perfect and that alarm set me off, lol. U should make an L styled Storm theme in this matter and it would rock as well. I love the Storm icons b/c they R different seeing as they R for a touch screen phone. The Bold icons R on the Tour and 8900 as well. I just thought of two more issues, lol. One is when U spell check the words are black like the background and U can't see 'em unless U highlight 'em. Also UR color to highlight items is dark blue and when U read a message it is a lighter blue. Any way to color match 'em and fix the words matching the black drop down box?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 04:20 PM
    I'm starting to get used to, and like, this size 8 font. Sometimes it sucks on the browser, but on other Apps and messages it looks cleaner and U can see/read more at once.
    Exactly my reason for switching to it so that's one thing I'm going to leave in place. I will however look at changing the alarm position in the banner. I made a NARROW banner to declutter everything so I'll do my best. Can't remember where I still have room but if there's a location next to the time/date available, I'll put it there for OCD control. BTW, I'm the same way about things as you can probably tell by the layout of this theme...everything has a precise place.

The dark blue is something I changed at many user's request. A lot of people like the darker blue for texting reasons, it makes the messages list pop compared to the lighter blue that I kind of associate as a Dimension color. I know it does create a slight disparity though but unless I go all light blue, it's a tradeoff. That's a limitation I REALLY wish Plazmic would address.

And you are 1 of 2 people to notice the spell check thing. I have tried forever to figure out how to make the words all show up at once but haven't been successful thus far. I'll take another look at it though.

So bottom line...I'll do the profiles icon update, try hard to move the alarm notifier if open space exists, and revisit the spell check at miniumum.

Jeff
    07-21-09 04:37 PM
    Ok all, I've updated all versions to include the following:

1.) Profiles icon in the banner was resized for clarity. Glad to finally have that resolved.
    2.) Alarm notifier moved just right of the time/date
    3.) All menu and messges highlight bars, along with dialogue boxes, changed to the same shade of blue for uniformity

I really liked the darker blue on the messages list but I have to agree that it just doesn't look right with the other instances where the bar turns the standard blue. Since this is a limitation I can't control, I went with the same blue on everything and won't be changing again unless a custom efffort is requested.

So that's it. Unless somebody discovers something major, I think I'm going to say that all updates, other than custom changes are nearly complete on this one. I'm not closing down the suggestion box just yet, just moving toward the idea of a completed theme for all to enjoy.

Thanks as always,
    Jeff
    07-22-09 12:48 AM
    Awesome!! I think minus the size 9 font & the spell check issue, I think this is a great great theme!! The Size 8 font will take time to get used to, so it's not a huge deal. The spell check although, will need fixed I think...and also the lock screen being able to be changed to w/e we can it to be. I like the changes a lot! The profiles icon looks good now, the alarm is in a great place now & the color match blues was a great change as well!! Nice theme man!
    07-22-09 01:03 AM
    Great theme, You've obviously not having the same issue I'm having making a theme like this. If you get a chance, please check out my post and lend me some advice. Search for "Custom TodayPlus Help" from 7/21/09. Thanx for you time and great theme.
    07-22-09 10:19 PM
    ...and also the lock screen being able to be changed to w/e we can it to be.
    Ammended the update on all versions to include this ability.
    07-23-09 12:15 AM
177 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD