hey all I'm sorry to bother anyone but I'm very excited to do a theme of my own. But I have a few questions that I can't figure out. I will take any advice here are my questions
    1. Where could I find icons?
    2. How can I transfer themes I downloaded to phone onto the computer to edit them?
    3. Can u edit already made themes?
    4. Any other suggestions that I may need that could help me with my first theme
    5. How do I get the theme onto my phone after I created it?

Thanks in advance to everyone willing to give me their knowledge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 11:20 PM
    hey all I'm sorry to bother anyone but I'm very excited to do a theme of my own. But I have a few questions that I can't figure out. I will take any advice here are my questions
    1. Where could I find icons?
    2. How can I transfer themes I downloaded to phone onto the computer to edit them?
    3. Can u edit already made themes?
    4. Any other suggestions that I may need that could help me with my first theme
    5. How do I get the theme onto my phone after I created it?

Thanks in advance to everyone willing to give me their knowledge.

theres a lot at Theme Icons & Tools - Themes4BB.com - Free Blackberry Themes

the bold icon set at 83XX Bold Icons are here - PinStack.com

and others, but you would just need to use the search button

2. You cant edit themes that have already been created, unless they give out the .thm file for that theme (all my themes have the .thm file, check my sig) also you can use my thm files that have pretty much every iphone icon on there, besides a few

I would give you a download link for my iphone icons, but I accidentally deleted them, shortly after I had created them too =| took me forever to size them and make it perfect for the curve

3. same question? =D
    4. just take your time when using the theme editor, and dont be afraid to click on everything (make sure you save a backup of whatever you are working on also! lol)

5. on plazmic theme builder, you click on file>export, select your handheld/OS and export to .alx (alx is the desktop manager, .jad is OTA, which you will probably be better off doing that later on if you want to release your themes)

oh, and use the simulator to make sure your theme works right before exporting, ive had to export, load the theme on my phone just to find out that I messed some options up..

also, before exporting, if you go to edit/preferences>metadata, set your theme version to like 1.0

and every time you make achange to your theme, update the version up to 1.1 or whatever
    it makes it a lot easier to update your theme when trying to put it on your phone via desktop manager
    04-20-09 11:46 PM
    Thank u so much. You gave me just about everything I have been asking for all day. Thanks a lot now I have to try to make it happen.

04-21-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD