02-09-13 02:28 PM
779 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Hey, 8330 owner here, this is my first 3rd party app, after I downloaded it on my BB I can't use it, I can find it listed under advanced options -> apps. Do I need to change permissions or do something else?
    Last edited by greynavigation; 04-20-09 at 04:30 PM.
    04-20-09 04:27 PM
    I'm pretty new as well, but for the Bold, a theme doesn't necessarily count as a third party app in that its not placed in the downloads folder, but rather goes straight to "themes" in the settings.
    04-20-09 04:30 PM
    I'm pretty new as well, but for the Bold, a theme doesn't necessarily count as a third party app in that its not placed in the downloads folder, but rather goes straight to "themes" in the settings.
    I thought that might be the case, but under options theme, Pip isn't listed.
    04-20-09 04:33 PM
    Looks sweet mate! waiting for the Peal version.

Linked here from the Escapist Magazine, this is getting some serious hype.
    04-20-09 04:41 PM
    Need it for Bold, Got to have it. I'll hold my breath until I get it.
    04-20-09 04:49 PM
    Hey, you're on Engadget too!

Still waiting for 8900

And for those who keep asking, yes, he's working on Bold and 8900 versions.
    04-20-09 04:52 PM
    wow... i missing half a day and i have 3 extra pages to read... lol

ok so i hear im like announced to like so many sites i never even knew.. hehe very over whelming i can say... =P

now I am planning on bring the theme on every device... but for the moment i have covered the 83xx series including the 8350i on another thread here.... and also the 88xx devices...

Also got the storm version which i am making my own style pipboy theme on it which i will call PipBerry...

for storm people also got a halo theme and vegeta o DBZ if they r interested... hehe

soooo for now patients is the key as its not that easy to make.. especially when different color themes r involved...

and thnx for everyones support through great comments and donations...
    04-20-09 04:56 PM
    wow... i missing half a day and i have 3 extra pages to read... lol

ok so i hear im like announced to like so many sites i never even knew.. hehe very over whelming i can say... =P

now I am planning on bring the theme on every device... but for the moment i have covered the 83xx series including the 8350i on another thread here.... and also the 88xx devices...

Also got the storm version which i am making my own style pipboy theme on it which i will call PipBerry...

for storm people also got a halo theme and vegeta o DBZ if they r interested... hehe

soooo for now patients is the key as its not that easy to make.. especially when different color themes r involved...

and thnx for everyones support through great comments and donations...
    Well FYI, Gizmodo and Engadget are probably the most popular "gadget" news blogs on the web

Also, I'd say there are a LOT more people waiting for a Bold/8900 release than a Storm! But I see you own the latter...
    04-20-09 05:01 PM
    what about us 8700 users!!

on blackberry's site it says i can upgrade to 4.5 but the uploader says i have the newest firmware ( 4.2.1 or something)

any clue how i can get around this and have a pip boy on my 8700r?
    04-20-09 05:12 PM
    well my first pipboy theme was on the storm and the reason was cause i own a storm.. hehe that before i knew bout the simulators for other devices and didnt know i could test a theme even if i dont own a device... im hafway done with the storm version and thats cause i got 2 colors down and 2 to go... started with green.. then people wanted blue... then i got a red request.. and now an orange... colors r endless.. lol
    04-20-09 05:14 PM
    i have nooooooo clue bout an 8700 series... i have to see if the plazmic software for theme creation gives me the ability to make a theme for that model...
    04-20-09 05:16 PM
    how do i get these themes ota?
    04-20-09 05:22 PM
    04-20-09 05:24 PM
    Great work man, this theme is getting huge!

I know you must be a busy guy, but what are the chances when you're done a Storm/Bold version, that there might be a Pearl ver.?

I'd be the the talk of my class for sure with that.

Thanks man, keep up the good work!
    04-20-09 05:24 PM
    thanx for info
    04-20-09 05:25 PM
    Ps. crackberry should pay you fo the amount of traffic that's hitting their site cuz of you!

I know 3 people who created an account today just to be able to post about your theme.

Thanks again!
    04-20-09 05:29 PM
    ya after the storm version i gonna start on other devices.
    04-20-09 05:30 PM
    so you say a storm version is in the works!! nice! great work! wheere can i get it? says the theme has been removed
    04-20-09 06:47 PM
    im new i just heard about this from a friend and when i came to the site it says you removed them. could you please put them back up im a huge Fallout fan ive beaten all three
    04-20-09 07:03 PM
    nooooooo bring it backkk!!
    04-20-09 07:04 PM
    aw i really wanted this. can someone PM me a link.. or send the files after u extract??
    04-20-09 07:06 PM
    Man, I missed it. I saw it earlier but didn't download. Make a torrent!
    04-20-09 07:08 PM
    could somebody send me the links to the files for the green or blue one please i really want this
    04-20-09 07:12 PM
    I have the files and I can torrent them but just give him some time to put 'em back up etc. He is updating them etc...

As to everyone asking how to apply the themes look in the threads here for info.

The basics of it are this:

You need os 4.5 or beyond as mentioned a MILLION times here, get it from your carriers website or the BB desktop manager + check for updates.

To install you can use the OTA link (this means, open this thread via your BB using their wap forums and follow the link)

The alternative is to download the zip files to a computer and then connect your BB using the BB desktop manager and application loader, everything in there is user friendly enough that I don't need to explain it to you.

Do NOT try to use themes not built for your device, they wont show up in the themes list and if they do for some weird reason they will break it gooooooood.
    04-20-09 07:21 PM
    Thanks syl1985 for reposting the links ill just wait till your done now
    04-20-09 07:25 PM
779 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD