well if the donation button is their problem they can always email me at SadosDemetrios @ hotmail.com and let me know... lol
    Well, I heard on Kotaku they did the same thing to a guy that made a Windows Mobile theme that was Fallout based, I haven't looked into how similar his situation was to yours.

Maybe they just like wielding that club? Seems strange from a company that set the gold standard on user created mods.
    04-22-09 05:07 PM
    its just a simple theme that resembles a device from the game... i never stated i was the creator of the character.. never asked for a set price ... i always stated that donations were from a persons own kindness... plus this is some heavy duty advertisement on their videogame... having people wanna buy the game who dont have it and play it again or some which has been a while.. if anything they should hire me for supporting them.. lol

i just dont get people sometimes..

i havent played videogames or spent money on them in like 8 years.. the one time i actually spent my money on a game over those 8 years was Fallout 3 and only game i enjoyed playing over and over from the beginning just so i can create a new character...

after this though, plus im gonna sell back the game and never buy a game from their company again.
    04-22-09 05:14 PM
    soo i just got a blackberry pearl and i also just registered to this site and i was wondering exactly how you download it.

and i have a pearl as well, not sure if thatll be an issue.

thanks and sick job on the theme
    04-22-09 05:35 PM
    Would someone be so kind as to PM me the link. Thanks!!
    04-22-09 05:51 PM
    I like how they totally bastardize the franchise by releasing this Oblivion skin and slapping on the name "Fallout" on it. Now they think they can bully the fans around. What a bunch of assholes.

Interplay and Black Isle wouldn't have done this.
    Last edited by RahulM; 04-22-09 at 06:04 PM.
    04-22-09 05:59 PM
    this theme is made for the 83xx curves only they will not work on other devices...

and yah i know... no more support from my a$$
    04-22-09 06:07 PM
    Say we were to invest in your not for profit company...wink wink. Would you recreate this on the 8900? Let me be very clear i do not want to pay for the theme just invest in your company. I guess you could call yourself a charity organization;they accept donations and provide "free services"!
    Last edited by dougd4891; 04-22-09 at 06:17 PM.
    04-22-09 06:14 PM
    when i download them to the PC they are compressed?
    My desktop manager won't find them..
    man i'm a newb at this...
    how do I get them on my phone?
    04-22-09 06:53 PM
    willing to invest in the company just research & develop for the 8900.
    04-22-09 07:10 PM
    great.... any other "investors"?
    04-22-09 07:22 PM
    its just a simple theme that resembles a device from the game... i never stated i was the creator of the character.. never asked for a set price ... i always stated that donations were from a persons own kindness... plus this is some heavy duty advertisement on their videogame... having people wanna buy the game who dont have it and play it again or some which has been a while.. if anything they should hire me for supporting them.. lol

i just dont get people sometimes..

i havent played videogames or spent money on them in like 8 years.. the one time i actually spent my money on a game over those 8 years was Fallout 3 and only game i enjoyed playing over and over from the beginning just so i can create a new character...

after this though, plus im gonna sell back the game and never buy a game from their company again.
    I've seen this happen before in sim racing. Unfortunately, it has more to do with US copyright law than it does the people making the game having a problem with it. IANAL, but if I remember correctly from a similar issue with what is now iRacing and the code they bought for NASCAR Racing 2003, if they choose not to do something about a potential "copyright infringement", they can lose their rights.

I'll bet there are some Bethesda folks who have this theme on their BBs. Lawyers are wrecking the world...IMHO...YMMV.
    04-22-09 07:27 PM
    well does that still give me the right to create this theme and share?
    04-22-09 07:52 PM
    I definitely think you have the right... share away! Bethesda has bad enough publicity right now; I doubt they bug you any more. They have bigger fish to fry.
    04-22-09 07:59 PM
    thanks! this is much appreciated.
    04-22-09 08:46 PM
    So can I still get a PM for the file or not? I am super lazy and don't wanna check back 30 some pages.. I'd say so sue me, but Bethesda's lawyers are already chomping the the bit, don't wanna entice them anymore.
    04-23-09 03:09 AM
    They aren't gonna do jack ****.

At most some veiled threats via a cease and desist letter. They know taking any real legal action is gonna cost more money than it will be worth.

Yes, you are using "their" (which they bought since they weren't creative enough to create a new IP) copyright, but it's still a **** move. You were not selling the product and were not misrepresenting or otherwise defaming their brand.

So like I previously stated: What a bunch of *****.

I bet if you ask all the devs they would probably be okay with it, the real assholes are upper management and their legal department. Trying to block content on the internet is like pinning jello to a wall. Just share it via bittorrent.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-26-09 at 01:51 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE
    04-23-09 07:27 AM
    great.. gonna have to figure bitorrent out now... hehe
    04-23-09 08:22 AM
    I say you keep at it there is really nothing they can do! This looks like an amazing theme I really want it for my 8900!
    04-23-09 08:34 AM
    yah i guess if anything ill post the update for a 8900 and 9000 here
    04-23-09 08:44 AM
    Anyone get this running on a Verizon 8830 with 4.2.2? I haven't had any luck and I don't think my work would be do keen on my trying to upgrade the OS.
    04-23-09 09:16 AM
    Yes, pleas let us know when those are ready!
    04-23-09 09:17 AM
    If nothing else it looks like you are inspiring some folks to begin posting (I have 9 more posts to go before I can PM you requesting a donation/link exchange).
    Nice work on the theme. Some day marketing minds will come to recognize that any buzz is good buzz. If anything they should have PayPal'd you a few bucks in advertising payments.
    04-23-09 09:50 AM
    Yes please. Just make sure that you do the Bold first!
    04-23-09 10:52 AM
    Yes please. Just make sure that you do the Bold first!
    Disregard what he said, you should really do the 8900 first
    04-23-09 10:58 AM
    Disregard what he said, you should really do the 8900 first
    AGREED!!! 8900 first... many donations your way!
    04-23-09 11:08 AM
779 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD