My Curve all of a sudden has a theme on there I didn't d/l, nor do I want. It's weird. When I go to my apps list, it's not listed there! And then I plugged it into DM and it wasn't there either, hence I am not able to delete it! Can someone help me with this??

Also, does anyone know how much memory the Curve generally has right out of the box before we start adding stuff, etc?

Thanks
    08-29-09 12:51 PM
    What is this phantom theme called? Also, is it an actual theme that appears in the Options > Themes list, and can you actually select and run it?
    08-29-09 01:31 PM
    Its called Rogers and its red and white. Yes I can select and run it but there's no place to delete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 02:11 PM
    Hmm, there is a Canadian carrier, Rogers. It sounds like this is a carrier theme.

My carrier theme, Verizon, does not show up in the applications list, nor in desktop manager. I remove it using CrackMem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

CrackMem will remove all vendor themes from your installed OS on your computer even the AT&T theme, so if you want/use the AT&T theme, you will need to put the AT&T theme file (net_rim_theme_102_zen_320x240_b.cod) back in your Java folder (C:\Programs\Common Files\Reaserch In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS\Java. Removed files are in the C:\Programs\Common Files\Reaserch In Motion\Removed Files folder.

From this list of vendor ID's:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/lis...or-id-s-18071/

Roger's vendor ID is 107, so if you want to manually remove the Rogers theme from your BB, remove this file from your C:\Programs\Common Files\Reaserch In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS\Java folder:

net_rim_theme_107_zen_320x240_b.cod

Then connect your BB to your computer and go to C:\Programs\Common Files\Reaserch In Motion\Apploader and double-click on loader.exe to launch Application Loader to remove the rogers theme.

Note: The methods above will work only if you have a copy of your current OS installed on your computer.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-29-09 at 02:29 PM.
    08-29-09 02:26 PM
    My thoughts too, I couldn't wait to get that Ugly Rogers Theme off my Pearl.

08-29-09 03:34 PM
    Thank you, I believe that will do the trick.

08-29-09 03:34 PM
    It should work. I can't stand the Verizon theme myself. It's always the first thing to go.

08-29-09 04:10 PM

The only Vendor Theme I have kept is T-Mobile's Zen.
    08-29-09 05:10 PM
    Nice wallpaper.

08-29-09 05:15 PM
    Did you buy your phone used? If the vendor code in the phone is Rogers their wallpaper will load anytime you update apps and you have an OS image installed on your computer. Or if you were messing around with BlackBerry.alx to enable vendor themes you might have deleted the vendor codes associated with this theme. Vendor themes are considered part of BlackBerry OS Core Apps and don't show up in installed apps list. An easy way to get rid of it is to load your BlackBerry.alx in notepad and find where the section for Rogers Theme is. Then where it says vendor code change the number to 999 or anything other than it is. Then use Desktop Manager to update the OS. It might say core apps need to be updated. Even if it says nothing to be done just continue and click finish and the rogers theme cod files should be deleted by the app loader. If you use crackmem the next time you use Desktop Manager to install an app it will reinstall the Rogers theme if the vendor code inside your phone is Rogers.
    08-29-09 11:47 PM
    Xliderider, thanks, it worked perfectly! I did it with DM

I bought the phone new, I'm with ATT.

08-30-09 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD