O I also just noticed that when you do Spell Check, you can't see the words until you highlight them because the font and background are black.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:58 PM
    I love this theme....the only thing I can see that would could possibly make it any better would be a today + version with messages and calendar.

GREAT job!
    05-25-09 03:02 PM
    WOW WOW WOW You Did a great job with this. WOW WOW. This is the best theme out.
    05-25-09 03:15 PM
    Any hope or a today version?

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

05-25-09 05:42 PM
    Today theme added.
    05-25-09 06:40 PM
    first off i'd just like to say - love it! one minor issue i'm having though...the font appears to be MUCH larger than on other themes, is anyone else having that problem?
    I'm not sure why you're having that problem, I have them set a little smaller than normal.
    05-25-09 06:40 PM
    Thank you SO MUCH! Beautiful!
    05-25-09 06:43 PM
    I'm not sure why you're having that problem, I have them set a little smaller than normal.
    Options -> Themes -> Highlight the theme -> BB Hardware Key -> "Reset Theme Defaults".

That may fix the problem.
    05-25-09 06:45 PM
    okay i just tried that, then adjusted the font back down to 7...still looks the same

let me clarify though...it's only in the messages folder that the preview looks larger - when i'm in the actual message the font is correct
    I went back into the program and checked the font size, and it shows them all to be the same size. you might wanna go into options > screen/keyboard and check your base font size and make sure it's not set on a huge font... other than that, you could try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and switching between themes and back to that one, then do a battery pull. lots of times battery pulls solve problems with themes.
    05-25-09 08:46 PM
    Great looking theme! Where is the link for the bottom dock version with semi-transparent menus and dialog boxes? The screenshots showed semi-transparent but when I downloaded it I noticed everything is black instead. Thanks again!

05-25-09 08:51 PM
    Thanks for the today version! It's great!
    05-25-09 08:58 PM
    Great looking theme! Where is the link for the bottom dock version with semi-transparent menus and dialog boxes? The screenshots showed semi-transparent but when I downloaded it I noticed everything is black instead. Thanks again!

both themes use the transparent png menus, the stock ones from plazmic. they will be a bit darker on the screen, though, and won't appear as near as transparent as they do in the simulator.

that's one thing I was also going to address, let me know if anyone has any issues with the transparent menu and 3rd party apps (especially Opera mini)
    05-25-09 09:09 PM
    both themes use the transparent png menus, the stock ones from plazmic. they will be a bit darker on the screen, though, and won't appear as near as transparent as they do in the simulator.

that's one thing I was also going to address, let me know if anyone has any issues with the transparent menu and 3rd party apps (especially Opera mini)
    The menus are definitely black. I can see just a very thin strip of transparency along the perimeter of the menus and the dialog boxes. Thanks again for working on it--definitely one of the best themes I've ever seen!

05-25-09 09:26 PM
    The menus are definitely black. I can see just a very thin strip of transparency along the perimeter of the menus and the dialog boxes. Thanks again for working on it--definitely one of the best themes I've ever seen!

ok, I'll get my curve charged up and check it out.
    05-25-09 09:28 PM
    ok, I see what you mean. that's strange that it does that. IMO it looks cool but I'll see if I can fix that. I'm concerned about the menu being transparent because I had nothing but problems with 3rd party apps with transparent menus w/my 8310. what I've done before is just make the menu non-transparent and leave the dialog box transparent, that usually solves it.
    05-25-09 09:58 PM
    If it's not too much trouble, for those of us who don't use Opera, a version with both transparent menus AND dialog boxes would be sweet! The transparency just gives it that cool, glass-like effect. Otherwise the theme seems perfect now already for those with Opera or other third-party app issues. Again, outstanding work! I predict this is going to become a very popular and long thread!

05-25-09 10:36 PM
    Wow I am in love & speechless....that is beautiful utterly amazeing and stunning .....Thank you so much *goes to download*
    Edit: I forgot to ask what font are you using ? I'd like to match it so it all looks smooth.
    BBAlphaSans, the menus/dialogs are set on font size 19.

If it's not too much trouble, for those of us who don't use Opera, a version with both transparent menus AND dialog boxes would be sweet! The transparency just gives it that cool, glass-like effect. Otherwise the theme seems perfect now already for those with Opera or other third-party app issues. Again, outstanding work! I predict this is going to become a very popular and long thread!

good idea, I'll probably put up categories, one for opera-friendly and one with full transparency.

EDIT: on second thought, I remembered it's not just Opera that does it, I had a few problems with several 3rd party apps. so instead of that, how would you guys feel about having the menu non-transparent (for 3rd party apps/Opera friendliness) and the dialog box fully transparent? this is what I did on other themes before and it worked out well, it's really hard to tell a difference since the menu has words all over it. this way it'll be both transparent AND opera/3rd party apps friendly
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-26-09 at 06:36 AM.
    05-26-09 06:01 AM
    I guess it all comes down to which apps you're using. All of mine (since I'm not an Opera user) work just fine and look great with transparent menus. So for me personally, I would still vote for both transparent menus and boxes. Thanks!

05-26-09 07:40 AM
    Hi Ninja,

Just an fyi the 8330 today version is set to vertical scrolling rather than horizontal. Theme builder resets that every re-load, it's something to keep an eye on
    05-26-09 08:08 AM
    just so you knnow the bottom words are cutt off a bit for the 8300 today one
    05-26-09 08:48 AM
    Hi Ninja,

Just an fyi the 8330 today version is set to vertical scrolling rather than horizontal. Theme builder resets that every re-load, it's something to keep an eye on
    yeah, I just fixed that. scrolling is now horizontal.
    05-26-09 08:55 AM
    Right side of calender and messages are also cut off a bit making it look weird when you are looking at it
    This is for the today one

05-26-09 09:19 AM
    Could you PLEASE make a version with a bottom dock and ONLY calendar items on the home screen? Thanks
    05-26-09 09:29 AM
    yeah, I just fixed that. scrolling is now horizontal.
    Outstanding, nice work.

One little nitpick - when the popup for spell check is displayed (I'm sure this may happen in other places too) only the selected item can be seen, the rest appear the same colour as the background.

Thanks again for your efforts.
    05-26-09 09:44 AM
    Outstanding, nice work.

One little nitpick - when the popup for spell check is displayed (I'm sure this may happen in other places too) only the selected item can be seen, the rest appear the same colour as the background.

Thanks again for your efforts.
    I had someone email me with a similar problem, only with Quicklaunch... working on trying to figure out where in the helll that's coming from but I think I may have an idea, the font will end up being dark but still visible on those menus.
    05-26-09 11:57 AM
135 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD