It's nothing more than a blatant alteration of the Dimension theme to fit my needs. And a basic alteration at that since it was my second time using Plazmic. But I didn't need much, just some changes to the home screen. Everything else I was fine with, so I didn't fix it if it wasn't broken to me. So, maybe someone else will find it useful too.

I tried to build this to utilize the things I used most on my Berry.

My schedule is a biggie for me so the calender is on top with 2 lines for appointments underneath highlighted with a yellow bar.

SMS/MMS is under that, with 1 line for the most recent message also highlighted by the yellow bar.

Below that is a shallow U-shaped user customizable dock that has 9 icon positions with the highlighted app title nested within the "U".

The trackball scrolls left/right - up/down through the icon line. I made the icons bounce when highlighted so it helps me see my selection better while moving (be it walking, in a car, where ever). Now if I can figure out how to make the highlighted selection keep rotating through the icon choices circle-like rather than dead-ending on each end, I'll be that much happier.

That makes 11 apps available on the Home Screen (Needless to say, it's my most primary apps) and still be able to see the background image without it being too cluttered. Of course, if you have no appointments or texts, you can see the picture even better. The background image is a sky shot I took while back country downhill skiing. Any image you have, may or may not work better as a background, so go ahead and try one. For me it was all about app availability... It could be a blank white screen for all I care... But decided to have some personality to it.

OTA Link for "Bill v02" theme.

OTA link for Bill v02_1 - The BlackjackBailey variant.

OTA link for Bill v02_2 - The stepchild variant.

A word about the screen shots: If you don't see the screen shots, or are unable to download the OTA link let me know. A while back my server was getting barraged by spammers and hackers, ultimately the only way to stop it was to start banning large swaths of offending IP number ranges (usually overseas). If you can not see my screen shots or download the link it may be because your IP has unintentionally fallen under my ban list. Drop me a PM and I will gladly fix it for you.

Let me know what you think. I'd love any constructive criticism or if you have a specific request for a change, I'd be happy to see if I can do it for you.

Enjoy, and I hope you find this theme useful.
    Last edited by Billmanvl; 03-01-09 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added variations per requests
    03-01-09 02:19 PM
    At last I seem to have found a Today theme that suits me! Well done - we obviously think alike. Like you, I like the style of the Dimension Today theme, but I also need the calendar to be prominent, as well as have my favourite apps on the Home page.

My only request would be to allow the calendar to show up to 3 lines.

Otherwise, I like it a lot! Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 02:58 PM
    Glad you like it.

I will make those changes for you later tonight.
    03-01-09 03:04 PM
    Thank you - looking forward to that.

By the way, is there any reason why only MMS and SMS messages appear below the calendar when they arrive - why not emails as well? If it isn't too difficult, it would be nice if you could change that too!

Hope I'm not being too demanding and forward!

03-01-09 03:09 PM
    Mainly because I rarely e-mail from my phone.

I can probably do that for you, I will know more when I get a chance to look into it tonight.
    03-01-09 03:16 PM
    I really like what you have done to this theme. I also like the sms and mms. Most have messages and it's good to see one this way.

I also would like to see more lines on cal and sms, say one each. Maybe if you took out the two icons in u it would give you more room. 9 icons would be plenty for me.

Now please keep in mind that this is just my own opinion. Others I'm sure have other opinions.

Thanks for your work on it and for sharing.
    03-01-09 07:26 PM
    Ask and ye shall receive.

See original post (now edited) for the variations you requested.

Blackjack, I was not able to include e-mails in the SMS/MMS area. It's a Plazmic thing and I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    Last edited by Billmanvl; 03-01-09 at 09:56 PM.
    03-01-09 09:53 PM
    Wow, thanks! I have downloaded and installed the stepchild variant, as I don't need as many apps on my Home screen - besides, it's nice to see more of the background picture!

Pity about not being able to include emails - that really would have made it perfect for me.
    Thanks once again for all your efforts!

03-01-09 10:18 PM
    Thank you very much. This is great. I like how it looks with different backgrounds.

Again thanks for you hard work and your willingness to share.
    03-01-09 11:59 PM
    BillManvl awesome theme! Can you generate this theme and add a 3rd icon on the today theme, where its caldendar with 2 recent entries, then sms/mms with 2 most recent entries and then BBM with 2 most recent entries?
    05-04-09 12:15 PM
    It might be too tight, but I can try. I won't be able to attempt anything until late this evening.

05-04-09 12:20 PM
    Perfect thanks, if its to tight, can we replace the sms/mms with bbm messages?
    05-04-09 12:29 PM
    Ask and ye shall receive.

See original post (now edited) for the variations you requested.

Blackjack, I was not able to include e-mails in the SMS/MMS area. It's a Plazmic thing and I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    Might I ask what the problem is? I may be able to help you out.
    05-04-09 07:02 PM
    That theme looks really nice. Good job on it!

05-04-09 07:06 PM
    Perfect thanks, if its to tight, can we replace the sms/mms with bbm messages?
    Here is what I can make happen...

I can get both sms/mms and bbm under the calender but with only 1 entry each when using the shallow "U" shaped dock.

I can barely squeeze in 2 entry lines if I drop the "U" and go with a straight line bottom dock, but I run into a little over lapping.

And yes, if you'd like I can just swap out sms/mms for bbm and have 2 or 3 entry lines for it.

Let me know what you'd like.
    05-05-09 12:07 AM
    Might I ask what the problem is? I may be able to help you out.
    When I originally read the request, I took it to mean that they wanted sms/mms and e-mail in the SAME zen application selection. But after re-reading it I am not so sure... Now I am reading it as they just wanted to be able to show "messages" or rather "e-mail" in the same way sms/mms and bbm do (an additional zen selection) which I can do.

Now, if you do know a way for me to include all incoming native message apps (sms/mms, bbm, AND e-mail) into 1 zen selection with the ability to choose the number of sub-entries, let me know... Cuz I'm stumped... (of course, that doesn't take much).
    Last edited by Billmanvl; 05-05-09 at 09:51 AM. Reason: grammer and spelling correction
    05-05-09 12:21 AM
    if you can do the U shape with 1 entry for sms/mms and BBM that would be perfect
    05-05-09 12:35 PM
    I love it!
    05-05-09 05:12 PM
    last favor any chance you could take this theme the today plus which has the customizable buttons to the right part of the screen which can hide and change it to see calendar and then 1 MMS/SMS and 1 BBM?
    05-05-09 07:03 PM
    05-05-09 07:05 PM
    last favor any chance you could take this theme the today plus which has the customizable buttons to the right part of the screen which can hide and change it to see calendar and then 1 MMS/SMS and 1 BBM?
    That's a tad beyond my ability. But I will have the other changes you requested by tonight or tomorrow.
    05-06-09 09:18 PM
    After much searching, it appears I can not do BBM with a sub-entry. And the hiding thing is WAY beyond my ability. So sorry.
    05-28-09 11:34 PM
    Are you able to create a theme for the Curve 8330 that has Messages (Email), Calendar, and SMS messages on the homepage?
    05-30-09 10:19 AM
    Yes, I can do that.

How many sub-entries do you want in each?
    05-30-09 11:10 AM
    I just downloaded the stepchild variant and I absolutely love it! I've been looking for a theme like this ever since I got my Curve. Thank you for making this theme!

06-16-09 09:07 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD