I downloaded an Ed Hardy theme for free on coolblackberrythemes.com ; but I don't really like it, so I tried deleting it. I went to my device options, then theme, and I went over the theme and pressed the menu button like it said to do in the help for themes troubleshooting or something. It didn't say delete there. Did I do it wrong or something? It's taking up space in my phone and yeah. BTW I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 for Verizon.
    01-02-09 12:17 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > and you can delete the theme there
    01-02-09 12:19 PM
    Oh okay thanks so much!
    01-02-09 12:25 PM
    So...I admittedly have way too many themes DL on my Curve and want to delete some to see if that helps with restart issues I'm having. I had the same problem the OP did trying to delete through the "Themes" list. When I went to my app list to delete, only one actually showed the name of the theme. The rest are all file numbers. Any way to tell which is which so I don't delete the ones I want to keep? Thanks in advance!
    01-06-09 10:45 AM
    All of your themes are showing up as numbers? I've never heard of such a thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:48 AM
    Never heard of them being named numbers before either. I'd try backing up your 3rd party apps through dm and deleting them one at a time until you know which is which. Then you could reinstall the ones you want to keep. I'd also write down the names of the ones you want to keep so don't forget.

01-06-09 11:16 AM
    Yeah. I think it's pretty weird too. The themes seem to be OK when they're running but my phone is acting really glitchy so I thought I'd start by uninstalling a few of them. I was able to delete some, but was on a call about an hour ago and the phone went into auto restart in the middle of the call. Not good. So deleting them obviously didn't help with the issue.

I'd call it an OS upgrade problem, but it was doing the same thing before I upgraded the OS (though it hadn't happened during a call till now). I checked my memory and there's plenty, but like wally suggested, I might just wipe all third party apps and start over with a clean slate.

Thanks for the ideas!
    01-06-09 02:07 PM
    Ive tried to delete the themes that i wanted gone through the advanced options way...and its still showing up in my theme area, with the pictures and all, how do i PERMANTLY delete them from my phone?!?!?!?!?.....thanx for any advice or helpful information
    02-04-09 12:26 AM
    This makes me laugh...I did the EXACT same thing trying to delete themes. I kept trying to delete and had a panic attack thinking I could never delete them.

To the person who had themes with all numbers...where are you getting them from?

I've gotten themes from here, blueroomsolution, themes4bb, and my new favorite is pimpmyberry. I've never had that happen. I have seen weird file names but there is always something in there so I know which it is.
    02-04-09 02:42 AM
    Ive tried to delete the themes that i wanted gone through the advanced options way...and its still showing up in my theme area, with the pictures and all, how do i PERMANTLY delete them from my phone?!?!?!?!?.....thanx for any advice or helpful information
    Did you restart your berry when it prompted you to after you deleted the theme? You have to do that or it they still show up in your theme list. If you didn't do that, do a battery pull and they should then be removed.
    02-04-09 02:43 AM
    Some people are tooooo slow.

02-04-09 04:00 AM
    Thank you this helped me out now I can delete the themes I dont' want.
    02-18-09 09:09 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > and you can delete the theme there
    Honestly, where would I be without this board? Like the OP, I had been trying to delete some themes and followed the instructions given in the help section of my BB to no avail. Of course...your very simply instructions did the trick. Thanks!!
    02-26-09 01:25 AM
    A problem I am having is not so much deleting a theme but I can't seem to activate a new one that I just downloaded OTA. It shows up in my application list but not under my theme menu. Any ideas? Thanks!

04-27-10 02:33 AM
    If you click on the nondescript theme on the applications page it will show you a full description and file size. It will even have a delete button so you can trash it from there too.

04-27-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD