Despite the frustrating loss last night I'm still hunting for an MSU Spartan theme. any pointers?
    04-07-09 11:57 AM
    I will make this theme for you. I will post it as soon as its finished.
    04-16-09 06:19 PM
    Yes please dr sadistic get this done please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 04:21 PM
    From the MSU student handbook:

UNIVERSITY TRADEMARKS
    The trademarks of Michigan State University are the exclusive property of the Michigan State University Board of Trustees, in accordance with the trademark and service mark registrations filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or the state of Michigan. The University reserves ownership of any trademark, service mark, logo, insignia, seal, design, or other symbol or device associated with or referring to Michigan State University.

To protect its brand and fiscal reputation, Michigan State has established the Office of University Licensing Programs. Persons and businesses wishing to use these marks commercially are required to enter into a license agreement with the University.

Registered student organizations and individual students using these names, marks, and symbols are directed to the Office of University Licensing Programs, 216 MSU Union, 355-3434, where approval must be obtained and specific instructions secured, prior to use.
    04-17-09 04:42 PM
    I think that it refers to making any sort of profit off of the brand/name/symbol. If the theme is free, there should be no reason that it cannot be made.
    04-17-09 05:11 PM
    I think that it refers to making any sort of profit off of the brand/name/symbol. If the theme is free, there should be no reason that it cannot be made.
    So...if I make copies of a recently released movie and give it away the owners of the movie rights won't have any right to complain?

A trademark holder owns the trademark and has legal control over its use, whether that use is for profit or for free. One of the 10 myths of trademark and copyright law is that a person can give away another person's rights without being exposed to liability.

The easy solution is to call or write MSU and ask permission. If they say "no" then you know you can't do it. If they say yes then you don't have to worry about it.
    04-17-09 05:27 PM
    MSU e-mailed, permission given... didn't mean to start an impromptu argument.
    04-18-09 10:24 AM
    i think ive given enough money to msu. they can kiss my ***
    and centerfield i dont see you posting all the same bs in all the other threads for movie themes and other schools
    04-20-09 09:34 PM
    Can I ask where I can get this theme? I'm going to the big game next Saturday and would like to have it on my phone. Thanks a ton.
    09-23-09 10:11 AM
    What about BLUE? Can someone make a nice today UofM theme?

09-23-09 10:13 AM
    Booooooooooooooooooooo I live in Ohio too so double...booooooo. LOL
    09-23-09 04:23 PM
    I made a Michigan State Spartan Zen theme and posted it on my theme thread. Thread is named "Cindy's Blackberry Themes". Post is on page 3. Check it out. It may be what you are looking for.

09-23-09 06:44 PM
    Little help please I've been looking for a uofm theme 4.3 ota any help would be great thanks, would be willing to donate
    09-24-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD