I Dont know if this is a dumb question but how do you make themes your self?
    01-22-09 11:56 AM
    Weezy, you'll need a theme program. I use a program called Plazmic Themebuilder and it's a pretty simple program. Plazmic

You'll also need a graphics editor such as Adobe or GIMP. I personally use GIMP as it's very similar to Adobe and free. The tricky part will be getting icons or making your own. Plazmic comes with some default ones so you can use those to experiment with.

Lastly you'll need something to resize the icons with. I use PIXresizer. Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer

I have to tell you however, building themes for your blackberry is almost as addictive as using your blackberry. When you build it, show us what it looks like!
    01-22-09 08:50 PM
    thanks for the good information and might be a dumb question but youll do this on your pc.. i assume? but i cant wait im going to do it or mess around with it ill need to get details but im willing to learn
    01-24-09 04:07 PM
    You create them on the PC. It is as addicting as the BB once you figure out how to work Plazmic. Give yourself some time, and see what others are doing, and get your ideas from it.
    01-24-09 04:23 PM
    I really wanna get into it myself...I think it would be sweet to design your own.
    01-24-09 04:26 PM
    It is great. I hate finding a theme I like, but there are things about it that I don't like. I just try to recreate it the best I can, set up like I like it.
    01-24-09 04:29 PM
    For those wanting to learn here is a great video from RIM:Media Library
    01-24-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD