Two questions here, or really a question and opinions wanted...

Firstoff, I have a Today theme on my BB and all of a sudden the calendar events are not showing up on the main screen like they used to. The events are still IN the calendar but they don't show up on my main screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail, and under options I THINK I have everything set to allow for this but I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. I really need my calendar to show up on the main screen!

Secondly...yesterday all of a sudden my keypad/buttons quit completely. Tried battery pulls, troubleshooting with Verizon (8330 curve btw) and even wiped it clean, nothing worked. I could pound on them to death and nothing would happen. The trackball would work, but none of the buttons. Slowly over the day, they started working again sporadically and suddenly the phone is once again working just fine. It has been working for the last 24 hours with no problems.

Verizon is sending me a new one, it will be here Tues. Should I send it back and keep mine or just accept the new phone? I'm worried the new phone will have issues this one doesn't, yet having such a major unexplained problem like that on a phone that is only a month old (4 days over the dang in store warranty!) is not comforting either. I'm torn on what to do. Are there any disadvantages to having a new PIN? Will the games I paid for like Scrabble and Bejeweled still work on the new one if I just transfer the info over from a backup?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    10-26-08 10:32 PM
    First Question:

You need to change your default calendar to the calendar with the events. With 4.5, the calendar app allows a user to associate events with different email addresses. The today theme only puts events in the default calendar on the screen. Figure out which calendar is your default. Go to the calendar app and press Menu and then change which calendar is shown. Once you have figured which calendar holds your events, follow these steps.

Home Screen
    Options
    Advanced Options
    Default Services

Then change which calendar is the default to the calendar where all your events are.
    10-27-08 07:42 AM
    I have not personally experienced an issue with my 8330 dieing but my boss in on his 5th! First it was a trackball death, then it was 3 keyboards and then another trackball. He is apparently rough on his phone but he swears he is not.

Where was yours made? Canada? Mexico?
    10-27-08 08:57 AM
    thank you jbonnet, that did it!

No idea where the phone was made...it's still working perfectly today. So strange. A few days ago I was nearly jumping up and down on the keypad trying to make it work, now it's like all that was just a figment of my imagination.

Still haven't decided if I should take the replacement or not.
    10-27-08 09:15 AM
    No problem. I am glad I could help you out. That's what we're here for.
    10-27-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD