I was trying to change my password on the phone and after the 3rd attempt, this is the message that showed up on my phone, furthermore the desktop manager does not recognize that the phone is connected to the USB cable it says None next to the device connected (pin).

This is because this is my 3rd replacement phone and I've never owned a blackberry before til this past April. The 1st one i bought worked perfectly, i could upload pics, backup my info etc., til' i inserted the wrong USB cord into it, i put the USB cable that belongs to my digital camera in it and when that happened I no longer could upload pics to my computer so therefore i asked for a replacement, well now this problem happened and i can't fix it because my phone is not being recognized. am i using the wrong version, i currently have desktop manager v4.5. is this a lost cause or should i get another replacement?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i am at my ropes end with this whole blackberry problem.
    08-09-09 02:06 PM
    I had tht error once & It finally reset itself . The same thing happened abt 2 weeks ago with my brand new curve and it was outta comission for a whole 24 hrs . I took it to the repair shop and said he could wipe it clean and reload the software but I just exchanged it for another new one since it was within my 30 days
    08-09-09 02:23 PM
    i thought about getting ANOTHER replacement, but didn't want to go through the hassle AGAIN, and thought i could get some answers here before i use my last resort, lol. so how did you get it to reset itself? the JVM Error just stays on the screen and is wasting the battery.
    08-09-09 02:47 PM
    I know how that is once I went thru three replacements myself ! I pressed the reset like 10-15 times before it actually did . When It happened a couple weeks ago I kept doing it and it stayed there . I left it in the car all night and when I went outside the next morning the screen was STILL on, I was like wtf ?! Lol
    I think wiping it and reloading the OS MAY work ... I couldn't tell u how to do it tho since I never did it myself . You could try it & if I doesnt work just get another one lol !
    08-09-09 03:14 PM
    oh really, wow! i already called the insurance company about it and im going to get a new one TUESDAY, ughhh. but i wanted to erase all my info. before i send it in. oh well. guess i'll never know
    08-09-09 07:17 PM
    Hopefully this one works out for you, good luck lol ! (=
    08-09-09 07:33 PM
    thank you, i hope so too or else...........lol
    08-10-09 09:22 PM
    I found a Fix it link for this bloody JVM Error no one tells you about.

wireless.att.com/answer-center/main

Just follow the destructions and you will be fine....
    08-17-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD