Why are some of the file extensions . jad and some .alx? in the Lecture 101 it says add the .alx file and I downloaded a theme that had a .jad and when I went to browse to add the file in the blackberry manager it didn't see it on the desktop but it did with another theme that had the .alx extension. What gives with the . jad extension and am I missing something when trying to add these themes to a 8330 curve with 4.5 os?
    04-30-09 03:00 AM
    Jad files are downloading Over The Air (OTA). Point your blackberry browser to the link and it will install onto your device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 03:12 AM
    I recently had a jad file of a theme I made, hosted it and it didn't work. What did u do wrong? Sorry to steal your thread but this issue was bugging me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 03:19 AM
    when you export a theme for OTA you will have 1 .jad file and numerous .cod files to go with it. these are all used for ota downloads, (you will have to have a place to host the files for OTA) when an OTA is posted all you see is the .jad file in the link it directs the device to where the .cod files are to download and install.

The .alx file and a .cod file will be created when you export a theme to be installed via desktop manager
    Last edited by goavs18; 05-01-09 at 03:36 PM.
    05-01-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD