okay. time to clarify:

themes DO NOT save to the media card.

media cards are really only good for pictures, songs, and videos. applications CANNOT run from the card. the vzw curve has a TON of space.

as long as you have 12+ megabits (read on the device as: 12000000 - there may be other digits where the zeros are) you are good to go. trust me - it takes A LOT to fill up a vzw curve. i have a "junk berry" and sill have an average of 20 mb free.

try this theme: i know its for 4.5 and it works http://nightbreakers.org/casper/Blan...k_Home_Red.jad
    Last edited by chelseytx; 06-02-09 at 02:06 PM.
    06-02-09 01:55 PM
    Errrr what is wrong with my phone

Chelseytx: I just tried that app, no success

I definitely have the 4.5 OS and that app is compatible..

Does this just mean that my blackberry for some reason can't take new themes? I don't understand how it could be different from everyone's
    06-02-09 05:30 PM
    Not to be a **** but they will download to your memory card. That is how I got the few that I have now off of blackberryfreaks.com. Maybe it was a fluke or just dumb luck but I downloaded them as a zip file. Unzipped them and loaded them with the DM. Maybe there are quicker ways but for my rock head to understand I had to do it that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 05:35 PM
    u can do what u did. but they do not RUN off the card. all u did was store them there.
    06-02-09 05:49 PM
    u may want to retry installing your os. u can download it from Verizon and the instructions are stickied in the curve 83xx forum
    06-02-09 05:51 PM
    I'm trying it through the PC now. Once I've got all the COD and JAD files on my computer, what do I do? I already have desktop manager downloaded
    06-02-09 05:52 PM
    thanks chelseytx
    06-02-09 05:53 PM
    When I click "About" under options it says
    BlackBerry 8330
    v4.5.077 (Platform 3.2.0.51)

What update on the OS system do I Get? I just went looking on the 8330 forum section and theres all these different updates, some talking about "multilanguage" and all this stuff that I have no clue what it means.

I'm sorry I ask so many questions, I've only had the blackberry for a day and I really want a new theme!
    06-02-09 06:01 PM
    do not reinstall yet.
    06-02-09 06:08 PM
    to use the desktop manager u need the .alx files and 1 cod file. not one .jad and ## cod.

BlackBerry® Software Updates that is where u want to download from.
    06-02-09 06:09 PM
    since this is your fist time i would just install the vzw release. i am not sure exactly how to reinstall the OS, that is actually not something i have ever done. sorry.

check my themes for one that u like with a zip file attached at the bottom of the first post.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 06-02-09 at 08:24 PM.
    06-02-09 06:13 PM
    Go to options security options general settings and wipe handheld. When it restarts hook up to ur pc and start DTM. Hit the search for updates, sit back and enjoy the ride cuz it can take a bit. I have done this 3 times cuz I am a firm believer in "let's see what this does". Before doing anything it is crucial to backup your curve on th DTM. DO THAT FIRST! I don't want to be the target of any cursings or wishes of death. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:39 PM
    Got on the phone with a verizon wireless employee.. he walked me threw wiping the device. i updated it, but it said it was only adding "Help" ?? I guess it didn't need any updates since I just got it yesterday. I tried the re-installation of the OS from vzw site but I'm not sure if I did it right...everything is so complicated.

All in all, the themes still aren't showing up, but they never fail to show up on the Options>Applications list. So they are getting loaded succcessfuly on the phone.

Should I just smash my phone and get a new one haha? I'm really that fustrated.. Is it me that's only having these problems uploading themes? It seems like everyone else can do it.

I'm probably just ******** errr
    06-02-09 08:13 PM
    i have never had any problems....

is there a mod in here? can we get this moved to the general discussion forum???? maybe get a few more people since i don't think this is a curve exclusive problem.
    06-02-09 08:30 PM
    Hopefully we can get it moved because it's looking like me and themes just don't get along. I'm so sick of that verizon check mark as my background! I love the neon theme.. oh if it was onlyy possible
    06-02-09 09:11 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD