I found a GREAT theme I want to use on my Blackberry Curve 8330.

I'm running 4.5 OS.

The thing is I have all the files in OTA format as a .zip. There's about 11 .cod files and 1 .jad file.

I'm a newbie to these themes so I don't know how to install it properly on my blackberry.

So what I've done so far is I extracted the zip and sent all the individual files to my blackberry through an email. I have yet to save the files because I'm not sure where to save them.

I tried to do this previously, but the theme never loaded. How do I install this theme? If someone could provide step-by-step instructions that'd be superb.
    10-22-10 11:49 AM
    You need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK(Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) to load the cod and alx files.

Heres a write up with an older version of DM, but its still the same concept.
    How to install apps and themes using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Dummies
    10-22-10 11:55 AM
    You need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK(Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) to load the cod and alx files.

Heres a write up with an older version of DM, but its still the same concept.
    How to install apps and themes using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Dummies
    uh, no.

just unzip the file, copy the contents to a folder on your memory card, navigate to the file using the blackberry file explorer, and click the jad file.
    10-22-10 12:13 PM
    uh, no.

just unzip the file, copy the contents to a folder on your memory card, navigate to the file using the blackberry file explorer, and click the jad file.
    Just to add to what Nik said, the only caution is that you need to be sure that the theme is specific to your model and OS: 4.5 & 8330. Otherwise it won't show up in Options/Themes.
    10-22-10 12:47 PM
    I tried using the BB Desktop Manager but it came back with an error, that's why I want to try with the other way...

From the posts I've read, its made for 4.5 and people have installed it properly on the Curve 8330 so I'm assuming its compatible.

Also, I don't have a memory card, that's why I sent the files through my email. If I were to save the .cod and .jad to the Documents folder on my phone would that work? Also, do I have to install them in a specific order.. like all the .cod before the .jad or something or other?

If I do buy a memory card for my phone, how would I isntall the theme that way? Do I just put the files onto the card and the blackberry will do the rest or must I do some kind of installation?
    10-22-10 01:36 PM
    uh, no.

I believe this is the part where I'm having problems.

I can save the .cod and .jad to my phone but once on my phone I don't know how to open the .jad to isntall the theme..

How do I use the Blackberry File Explorer so I can see the .jad?
    10-22-10 01:39 PM
    You can't use DM unless there is an .alx file to install. My suggestion is to use BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and install the cod files only. If you get a memory card you could use this procedure: A Lot of Themes, A Lot of Apps & A Lot of Memory �€“ How?. Once again, even though others may have installed the theme on their 8330, if it is a device detecting .jad file, it won't work from the memory card either. So it should say something like 320x240 in the name or description or say that it is specifically for the 8330. Yes, theoritically, you could save it to your document folder and then navigate to that folder and open the .jad file to install it. Once you are successful, delete the .jad & .cod files to save your limited memory. Let us know how it turns out.
    JB

To find the .jad file, open your Media folder, hit the BB menu key and select Explore. That will allow you to navigate to the .jad file.
    Last edited by jbarbero; 10-22-10 at 01:53 PM.
    10-22-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD