Okay - so I installed a them onto my Curve 8330 and now my ringer doesn't work - the volume is turned up the whole way - any ideas on how to fix it? (without not using the theme)
    07-06-09 11:16 AM
    check in your profiles.. make sure you have a profile selected that has a ringtone, is active, and on..

Okay - so I installed a them onto my Curve 8330 and now my ringer doesn't work - the volume is turned up the whole way - any ideas on how to fix it? (without not using the theme)
    07-06-09 11:19 AM
    Grr - took the battery out, started it back up -still won't owrk
    Last edited by DNS84; 07-06-09 at 12:13 PM.
    07-06-09 12:09 PM
    As for the profile - when I got to the "Normal" then "Edit", "Phone" it shows my ringtone name "out of holster is "Tone" "In holster" is "vibrate+tone" and volume is "medium"
    07-06-09 12:16 PM
    But is a tone actually set for it?

Go to profiles \ scroll down \ advanced \ normal \ menu \ edit - check it properly, I bet the tone is not set...

As a test, set another tone, a default one (not one you downloaded), and see what happens.
    07-06-09 12:19 PM
    Yeah it's set - changed to a preloaded one and that doesn't play either
    07-06-09 12:27 PM
    Took the theme off and still no ring
    07-06-09 12:32 PM
    When you say you took the theme off did you delete it then do a battery pull or just choose a different theme?

I was haivng a similar issue but for me, deleting the theme solved the problem. The probelm was still there when I switched back to a stock theme. Once I actually deleted it followed by a battery pul the problem went away.

The theme I am currently using also has a similar issue but it only effects BBM. I get every other notification perfectly accept incoming BBM messages. It vibrates when in holster but doesn't give me an audible alert when it is out of the holster.
    07-06-09 12:42 PM
    How do you delete themes? (Sorry for the stupid question )
    07-06-09 12:48 PM
    How do you delete themes? (Sorry for the stupid question )
    No problem.

Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications.

The theme should be listed as com_plazmic_theme after that it will depend on the name of the theme which may not show up on the screen due to the length of the name.
    If you have more than one installed theme and can't tell them apart on the application list just scroll down to them, hit options (blackberry button) then "view properties". That way you will be able to view the entire name of the theme (use back button to get back to application list). If it is the correct theme, hit the Blackberry button again scroll down to delete and click it.
    it may take a couple seconds to a minute and ask you to restart after deleting. Choose yes. After your phone restarts, I would suggest a battery pull to be safe, all though not absolutely needed.
    07-06-09 01:01 PM
    Thanks - it's restarting now - that really sux though - I loved my theme and haven't been able to find another "House M.D." theme for the Curve - major bummer :-(
    07-06-09 01:06 PM
    Your welcome. I hope it works for you. I've had to give up a couple themes I liked a lot too. Unfortunately the closest I've come to perfectly functioning theme's other than the stock ones are Tom's 8900 replica themes. Sorry that's as far as newerr themes go. I definitley had some older ones that seemed to work pretty well to.
    Big House fan by the way. If I come across a good one I'll PM you and let you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 01:13 PM
    GAH - took both themes off and it still won't work :-(
    07-06-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD