Hello,

I have got a 8310 and want to install this [1] theme. But when I tried to install it using the Desktop Manager this program tells me that there are no files found that are suitable applications for this device. I don't know what's the exactly problem? Is this not a correct theme?

thanks, g.

[1] software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=13088]iBerry Black Curve - Blackberry

Please add http:// in front of the address.
    11-01-07 03:20 PM
    I am having the same problem. It appears that the Desktop Manager is not recognizing the device beyond the 'Mass Storage Device' aspects. Where there should be some device software version listed, there is nothing. I know I am actually connecting to the Curve, as I can move media files back and forth with no problem.

Here are the messages:

First, when you choose Application Loader, and advance through the wizard.

Secondly, after finding a file type it should recognize (.alx for example) and attempting to add it, this is the result...

The comp is a recent laptop, running Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-04-07 11:45 PM
    You need to install the Handheld OS to your computer. Make sure the version you install matches the version on your handheld. Once that's installed, you should be able to install other software.
    11-05-07 12:23 AM
    Thanks! I'm loading it to my desktop now. I figured something was missing, but there was not a thing to be found on it in the manual or the AT&T online tutorial. (Which does talk vaguely about installing the software on the included disc to use features, add apps, etc.) Seems like it might be something they would want to mention in a little more detail... Oh well, it's nothing new: Forums like this are usually far more informative than any of the manuals.
    11-05-07 12:38 AM
    Really, it should work without it but it seems that it doesn't. Sometimes it even takes installing that software a couple of times. However, once you get it loaded you'll have the option of adding/removing programs from the BB so it's not a worthless step.
    11-05-07 01:15 AM
    Yeah, I was really hoping that it would be as simple as maybe loading some drivers, and then drag-n-drop like an mp3 player or other Mass Storage Device. The interface isn't too bad, though, so I'm not complaining.

Update: I installed the software for my wife's Pearl on her PC, and it all worked right from the git-go after a full BB system restart. I did a full restart on my Curve, and now it all works as it should.
    Last edited by jet66; 11-05-07 at 01:33 PM.
    11-05-07 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD