Last night I downloaded a theme to my blackberry, but couldnt figure out how to apply it. Anyone think that they can help me out?
    10-06-09 11:10 PM
    gp to advanced options, applications. Its there
    10-06-09 11:21 PM
    yeah i can find it fine, I just dont know what to do from there. can you elaborate a little more please?
    10-06-09 11:25 PM
    highlight the theme, BB button, slect the theme or go to settings, theme and choose it from there if it is that list. most of the third party themes do not show up in themes though.....
    10-06-09 11:30 PM
    When I highlight it the only things that come up are view permissions, modules, edit default permissions, and delete. Sorry Im kind of a new at this. And if it doesnt show up on the third party application does that mean it wont work?
    10-06-09 11:37 PM
    what happens when you highlight the them and then select it with the track ball? What OS are you running?
    10-06-09 11:42 PM
    Its not showing up under the theme, it only shows up under applications and when I select it there it just shows me properties. The OS I am running is just what came when I got the blackberry, if that makes sense.
    10-06-09 11:45 PM
    anyone??? I am missing something very simple here, even checked on my phone but it works on my phone...I am at a loss.

Are you sure that the theme is compatible with your Berry??????
    10-06-09 11:50 PM
    That could possibly be the problem, like I said this is the first time I tired this so maybe I messed up on my side. Ill try DL'ing another theme and try again, thanks for the help though.
    10-06-09 11:55 PM
    Basic Theme Install:

1) Download OTA to your BB.

2) Go to Options > Theme, highlight the theme and select. Takes a few seconds to get active.

3) If you don't see the theme in step 2, go to Options > Advanced > Applications and see if the theme is listed. If the theme is not listed go to step 4, otherwise go to step 5.

4) Do a battery pull and repeat step 3. If the Theme is still not listed, it did not download.

5) If the theme is listed, it probably is not compatible with your device or OS. Click on the theme in the applications list, and you should see a information like this:

Attachment 39998

The key information is 8300 for your device, and the OS. The theme shown is for OS 4.2, which will work on 4.5, but not vice versa.
    10-07-09 07:00 AM
    is there any way to install apps through mini sd card?

thanks
    10-07-09 02:41 PM
    If you have the .jar/.jad files, you can copy them from your PC to the SD card, and then using your BB, copy them from the card to BB memory. However, this does not always work.
    10-07-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD