I wanna make a theme, with the standard precision icons I've used before. I want them to appear normal on the menu screen, but I've seen themes before when they're smaller on the homescreen than the standard size. I'm using theme builder 5.0, and if anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great!
    11-15-09 08:06 PM
    You will need photo editor, I use gimp (free). You will need to scale the icons you want small, then with composer create svg file to import layout into tb. That will give you the small custom icon look your after. It could take some time to pull it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 08:15 PM
    Ditto , and if going to be your first svg file then brew a pot of coffee I just made my first one and it took a long while to get right but at last I made my home screen icons bounce when focused in on
    11-15-09 08:25 PM
    Or you could just resize the ICON and Icon Focus and you should be able to fit more icons on the homscreen..
    11-16-09 03:26 PM
    ^^
    but that would also change the icon size on the App screen as well. I think the OP wanted small icons ONLY on the home screen, which would have to be done in composer... Now I'm not sure if you did this in composer you'd be able to select "Use Application Order" cuz you'd have to specifiy which icons you wanted to be small IN composer...

??! No?
    11-18-09 04:48 PM
    ^^
    but that would also change the icon size on the App screen as well. I think the OP wanted small icons ONLY on the home screen, which would have to be done in composer... Now I'm not sure if you did this in composer you'd be able to select "Use Application Order" cuz you'd have to specifiy which icons you wanted to be small IN composer...

??! No?
    Pretty sure everything you said was right! But I only plan on having four or five icons on the homescreen, so it's not biggy.
    11-18-09 08:16 PM
    Just change the 4 or 5 that you want on your homescreen to mini and the rest will stay the same on the app screen... I have 2 mini slots on my theme right now and the rest areregular 48 x 36... Heres a Mini precision set I found a while back, not the one that I use unfortunately but I think it'll help you... Just change whatever 5 icons you want on your homescreen smaller and then move them there... Use the Icon and Icon focus underlays in this folder with them. And if you running theme builder 5.0 you could probably resize regular icon/Focus underlays a little smaller..

Heres an example, Notice the Alarm and weather are smaller...

11-19-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD