Okay I got a question for you guys, hopefully an easy to answer one.

For the life of me I am not able to find out how to get the date to be abbreviated. As it is by default it takes up too much room, kind of a pain when trying to make more compact themes. I've seen it abbreviated in other themes I just can't figure out how it was done.

Example:

"THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13" abbreviated to "THURS, NOV 13"

Thanks in advance!
    09-08-09 03:12 PM
    Okay I got a question for you guys, hopefully an easy to answer one.

For the life of me I am not able to find out how to get the date to be abbreviated. As it is by default it takes up too much room, kind of a pain when trying to make more compact themes. I've seen it abbreviated in other themes I just can't figure out how it was done.

Example:

"THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13" abbreviated to "THURS, NOV 13"

Thanks in advance!
    Wish I knew the answer to this one.:-) I think that it's something in the Plazmic Theme Builder. I've never actually messed with this myself. Anyone else know anything about this?
    09-08-09 05:07 PM
    Surely someone knows how to do this..

I can open the sample themes and some of them have this, however I can't use those as a base or it would require too much switching of stuff around, the precision bases are better what for what I'm trying to do.

Also some other things I've seen in other themes that aren't on by default

Removing AM/PM from the time.

Making the time have a zero in front of the single digit hours 01:30 instead of 1:30 etc.

And in addition to my original question, making the date abbreviated, how do I make the date in all capitals.

If someone could help me out on I could progress on my theme, thanks.
    Last edited by Cyper; 09-09-09 at 02:43 AM.
    09-09-09 02:37 AM
    Surely someone knows how to do this..

I can open the sample themes and some of them have this, however I can't use those as a base or it would require too much switching of stuff around, the precision bases are better what for what I'm trying to do.

Also some other things I've seen in other themes that aren't on by default

Removing AM/PM from the time.

Making the time have a zero in front of the single digit hours 01:30 instead of 1:30 etc.

And in addition to my original question, making the date abbreviated, how do I make the date in all capitals.

The way I abbreviate date in plazmic is to hit the tab that says theme the banner then click the button that says Reposition the banner objects and the little different colored windows will appear around the different banner objects. Now you you can make the window around the date as small or as large as you want which will abbreviate the date according to how big it's window is.

The only way I know how to remove the AM/PM is to make it 1px.

The easiest way to get the 24 hour clock to show is by doing it your self on your phone and the way you do this by going to alarm-click the bb key then go to change date/time then got to Time Format then choose the 24 hour clock and when you go back to the home screen your clock should read like 01:30.

As for making the date all capitals I've never done this so I couldn't begin to tell you how to go about doing it.

Hope this helps.
    09-09-09 09:08 AM

Use a font that is capitals only, such as BBCapitals.

Russ.
    09-09-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated!

I've run into a new problem however. I am using precision as a base set to 8330, when exporting the theme and loading it on the phone all the icons and image files are back to the default.

What am I doing wrong here?

The way I'm loading precision template for 8330 is editing the 8300custom.properties and switching the theme.file = dimension320x240.thm to say theme.file = precision320x240.thm and then copying precision320x240.thm to the dimension320x240 file.

Is there a better way to do this?
    Last edited by Cyper; 09-09-09 at 02:48 PM.
    09-09-09 02:45 PM
    The precision theme is a default theme on it's original phone, hence all the icons etc are set as 'default' when you save the theme. In order to see all the new icons, banners, alert icons etc you will need to go through each area in the inspector and manually load in the correct graphic for each item (even if it's already there!), this way the graphics will get exported with the theme.

Russ.
    09-09-09 02:59 PM
    thank you russnash! You've solved a huge headache for me.
    09-09-09 03:01 PM
    thank you russnash! You've solved a huge headache for me.
    You're welcome! Happy themeing, hope to see some of your work here soon!

Russ.
    09-09-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD