Is there a way to install this from my bb?
    08-23-09 10:11 PM
    gbhil...is this theme gonna come outta the 'beta' stage after you work out all the tweeks ?
    I know you told me not to be scared of beta...but i don't know why ?
    (me and my so not techy questions..lol)
    That is the plan. If I can get it working smoothly, I'll get back to work on "pretty-ing" it up and getting an OTA hosted somewhere. If not, I'll just post my source files and let someone else have a crack at it

Is there a way to install this from my bb?
    Yes and no . You will need an app that allows you to unzip files on your bb...I like to always recommend bbFileScout.

Then you download the zip file with the OTA files in it to your berry, extract them all into the same folder. Then navigate to the .jad file and click it.

It sounds harder than it is.

OR

you could DL the zip file to your computer, extract it and mail each file to your BB. Save them all in the same folder, nav to the .jad and clicky.
    08-23-09 10:27 PM

Thank you so much for such an awesome theme. First time I've ever changed the L theme that came with my phone. Love it!! Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Mammy; 08-27-09 at 06:04 PM.
    08-27-09 06:02 PM
    Gave it a shot, here's what I found..

It ran pretty 'laggy' on my 8330m running the stock .131 Sprint OS. Roughly 2 secs from the moment the menu button is pressed to drawn. Also, something I have not seen before, as I scroll through the L menu, all the icons shift very slightly left and right. The whole L not just the icon highlighted.

Now the Good..
    Really nice idea here! The direction of the scrolling is logical and the way it should be. The idea of the top right icon being the 'rest' location is great.

If it could just be made to run more quickly you have real winner here.
    08-27-09 11:46 PM
    8320 curve
    File free 10402266
    Platform 2.7.0.155
    App ver 4.5.0.153
    nicely done, love it blank home screen thanks.
    A bit laggy, hourglass pop every time, when i first run this themes, after 5 minutes, it comes better
    To access home screen need 5 second for the first try, second and third only 1sec
    Jumping from home screen to icon screen need 3-5second

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 11:06 AM
    It looks really nice. I will have to try it when I get to my computer.

08-28-09 11:14 AM
    Thank you so much for such an awesome theme. First time I've ever changed the L theme that came with my phone. Love it!! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Mammy! That's really flattering . I've got some more ideas to try and improve this one....you can be sure I won't give up on the idea.

Gave it a shot, here's what I found..

It ran pretty 'laggy' on my 8330m running the stock .131 Sprint OS. Roughly 2 secs from the moment the menu button is pressed to drawn. Also, something I have not seen before, as I scroll through the L menu, all the icons shift very slightly left and right. The whole L not just the icon highlighted.

Now the Good..
    Really nice idea here! The direction of the scrolling is logical and the way it should be. The idea of the top right icon being the 'rest' location is great.

If it could just be made to run more quickly you have real winner here.
    Thanks cfrock. I'm currently "playing" with the svg file with the sim on my crummy lil netbook. When I can get to the desktop I'm trying out a new version. Hopefully I have the "shifting dock" issue sorted out.

8320 curve
    File free 10402266
    Platform 2.7.0.155
    App ver 4.5.0.153
    nicely done, love it blank home screen thanks.
    A bit laggy, hourglass pop every time, when i first run this themes, after 5 minutes, it comes better
    To access home screen need 5 second for the first try, second and third only 1sec
    Jumping from home screen to icon screen need 3-5second

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback echiizato. Hopefully the next version will be a bit faster. I have some ideas how to speed it up...I think lol.

It looks really nice. I will have to try it when I get to my computer.

Thanks. let me know how it works out for you please!
    08-28-09 11:33 PM
    Still working on a Hybrid 8820!!! Once its smoother I will never change!!! Can't wait for an update!!! Hope your leg is on the heal!! Thanks for keeping us all updated...

08-29-09 12:39 AM
    New beta files listed.

NOTE - This has been stripped to a typical very ugly BB Dimension Zen look. This will allow me to provide a very small file, and test the debugging of my svg. DO NOT be alarmed when you load it and you see all the ugly yellow and the road wallpaper

Changelog -
    Extra graphic elements stripped out of theme (see above)
    All homescreen fonts have been changed to Tahoma/aa/no outline/no shadow for size and speed concerns.
    All menu and button fonts have been reverted to BB Dimension default for size and speed concerns.
    Added Network banner (Thanks Wendy!)
    Moved signal meter and homescreen info message areas to allow for different size graphics/fonts.
    Have stripped EVERY uneeded frame from homescreen/icon focus animation.
    Have tweaked svg for (hopefully) faster results.

PLEASE be sure to uninstall older version, then battery pull/device reset before installing. Also preform a battery pull/quickpull/reset after installing. This helps greatly with the feedback if everyone does this for me.

This is about all I can do with this one. Hopefully new tweaks have an effect and development can continue on graphic elements.

As always, feedback appreciated!
    08-29-09 08:04 PM
    New beta files listed.

NOTE - This has been stripped to a typical very ugly BB Dimension Zen look. This will allow me to provide a very small file, and test the debugging of my svg. DO NOT be alarmed when you load it and you see all the ugly yellow and the road wallpaper

Changelog -
    Extra graphic elements stripped out of theme (see above)
    All homescreen fonts have been changed to Tahoma/aa/no outline/no shadow for size and speed concerns.
    All menu and button fonts have been reverted to BB Dimension default for size and speed concerns.
    Added Network banner (Thanks Wendy!)
    Moved signal meter and homescreen info message areas to allow for different size graphics/fonts.
    Have stripped EVERY uneeded frame from homescreen/icon focus animation.
    Have tweaked svg for (hopefully) faster results.

PLEASE be sure to uninstall older version, then battery pull/device reset before installing. Also preform a battery pull/quickpull/reset after installing. This helps greatly with the feedback if everyone does this for me.

This is about all I can do with this one. Hopefully new tweaks have an effect and development can continue on graphic elements.

As always, feedback appreciated!
    Hey gbhil...here's your feedback...
    I'm not feeling this latest change...think i will stick with the last version on this and switch to Freeview when i need the network banner.
    It's only because after I ventured away from the BB Dimension icons...I just can't go back
    To be honest i really didn't have a speed problem with the last version...I was just missing a network banner...which you did add and thank you very much
    08-30-09 08:33 AM
    LOL. I promise the ugly BB Dimension stuff is only temporary. Thank you for trying it out though

Did you notice ANY speed difference at all?
    Was the network banner readable and centered? (I can't test on device. Currently I only have 83xx's on Sprint and Verizon, neither of which broadcast network ID)

I already have somebody with great artistic talent working on some graphics for the final version, just have to get the speed issues sorted as best I can first
    08-30-09 08:37 PM
    Sweet!!! Been testing it on my 8820 hybrid for a bit now.. Seems to be smoother, not as bumpy when scrolling thru homescreen icons, transition to/from hidden is easier to control and smoother..I noticed the M from PM is partially covered and the carrier banner is off center..I realize it is a work in progress, and a great one at that! If you need some screen shots let me know, I will help any way I can, this is a great theme, and I can't wait for the finished design...Side note: Black homescreen font rules out black wallpapers for users.. Is black the final color for HS font?? Thank you for all of the time and skill you've invested on this theme, it really is a great idea and a awesome theme so far!!!

08-30-09 11:18 PM
    Great feedback bkir72. Thanks a ton.

A couple q's specificaly for you -
    Does the dock still "shift" when rolling through icons?
    When first loading theme or coming from the lock screen, is the dock on screen or off?
    Are icons in dock focusing correctly when selected?
    As is, is the speed of the homescreen dock acceptable*, or is it too laggy to use?

*I understand acceptable is a subjective term I'm looking for opinion...I have my own, but need to hear as many others as possible.

Nothing in the banner area is close to final, everything was just sort of stripped to focus on dock function for the time being. Would greatly appreciate screen shots of homescreen both with dock showing and without.

Thanks again man!
    08-30-09 11:41 PM
    1.On ocassion. I have my trackball set above default(90). Not as many "accidents" at default speed. Its mostly becouse some of my HS apps don't hi lite or do anything when I'm on them, so I believe the unintended hiding is becouse of me more than anything.
    2. At start-up the dock is unhidden, haven't tried the lock screen yet.The Icons appear clear to me, overall graphics,font,etc seem clear and crisp..As for focusing,no issues so far, some of my 3rd party apps don't do anything when focused, aside from the name appearing, which is probably not theme related..
    3. The speed is better IMO, I'm lovin it. There's a 2-3 second lag returning to homescreen from the menu screen..No big deal for me. Once the banner is setup and the precision icons are back I would take it, as is!! The hide feature is better/faster/smoother looking..Great job!!
    As Is I would use it!! Its free!! And anyone who's read the thread should see how much has been put in to it, should understand that, and appreciate the effort made..I've had premium themes that have been much slower and unstable than this.. I have no way of posting my HS screenshot..Can it be attached to a CB PM?? Or some other way to get them to you? The pics aren't great but you can see the layout pretty good..Just don't know how to get them to ya..

08-31-09 12:12 AM
    Hey gbhil...
    I've attached a couple of screenshots...hope this helps.
    First off....yes the speed is faster...just a slight lag going from the menu screen back to the home screen....
    which doesn't bother me a bit and that is the only lag i've found.
    I like that this theme has the date (that's the only thing i miss on Freeview)...
    When going from the lock screen the dock is on.
    So you did all the fixing and cleaning up that you set out to do.
    So it's all good that way
    Now...as you can see from the ss...with even the slightest darkest Wp you can't see the text....white is soooo much better...(not to mention most of my Wp's are dark...lol)
    The carrier banner is not centred....doesn't bother me but I know you wanted to know that.
    Crackberry Web Launcher is missing
    Of course I'm not loving these icons...(you already know that too...lol)
    the last version was much better.
    All n all....I'll be waiting for the final version because you build an awesome theme...and you actually care to tweak it.
    Some people post theme's and then seem to disappear.
    I appreciate your time, effort, and talent....Thanks so much
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 08-31-09 at 07:43 PM.
    08-31-09 07:29 PM
    1.On ocassion. I have my trackball set above default(90). Not as many "accidents" at default speed. Its mostly becouse some of my HS apps don't hi lite or do anything when I'm on them, so I believe the unintended hiding is becouse of me more than anything.
    2. At start-up the dock is unhidden, haven't tried the lock screen yet.The Icons appear clear to me, overall graphics,font,etc seem clear and crisp..As for focusing,no issues so far, some of my 3rd party apps don't do anything when focused, aside from the name appearing, which is probably not theme related..
    3. The speed is better IMO, I'm lovin it. There's a 2-3 second lag returning to homescreen from the menu screen..No big deal for me. Once the banner is setup and the precision icons are back I would take it, as is!! The hide feature is better/faster/smoother looking..Great job!!
    As Is I would use it!! Its free!! And anyone who's read the thread should see how much has been put in to it, should understand that, and appreciate the effort made..I've had premium themes that have been much slower and unstable than this.. I have no way of posting my HS screenshot..Can it be attached to a CB PM?? Or some other way to get them to you? The pics aren't great but you can see the layout pretty good..Just don't know how to get them to ya..

Great news. Someone else is seeing the same improvments I am lol.

Send the screenies to gbhil at sprint.blackberry.net please!

Hey gbhil...
    I've attached a couple of screenshots...hope this helps.
    First off....yes the speed is faster...just a slight lag going from the menu screen back to the home screen....
    which doesn't bother me a bit and that is the only lag i've found.
    I like that this theme has the date (that's the only thing i miss on Freeview)...
    When going from the lock screen the dock is on.
    So you did all the fixing and cleaning up that you set out to do.
    So it's all good that way
    Now...as you can see from the ss...with even the slightest darkest Wp you can't see the text....white is soooo much better...(not to mention most of my Wp's are dark...lol)
    The carrier banner is not centred....doesn't bother me but I know you wanted to know that.
    Crackberry Web Launcher is missing
    Of course I'm not loving these icons...(you already know that too...lol)
    the last version was much better.
    All n all....I'll be waiting for the final version because you build an awesome theme...and you actually care to tweak it.
    Some people post theme's and then seem to disappear.
    I appreciate your time, effort, and talent....Thanks so much
    Cool! With your screenies and bkir72's I think i can center everything up. Then put the eye candy back in, and let y'all have at it!
    08-31-09 09:36 PM
    I am trying to find a way to get a clearer pic of my home screen, hopefully wendyb's will work for now..I assume its the same,however I will try to get clearer pics asap..Can't wait!! Like the nite before xmas!!!

08-31-09 09:49 PM
    bkir72 -

Ever check out CaptureIt?

http://www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad

I lets you take a shot of your screen, then email it to your PC or anyone else. I'd be lost without it :P

If this is old news...just ignore the fat man in the corner yammering lol
    08-31-09 09:59 PM
    I have, but as soon as I hit the bb menu I am in the icon screen, not my home screen..Can it be set to the convenience button for a snapshot???

08-31-09 10:03 PM
    Yep! That's exactly how I use it lol
    08-31-09 10:10 PM
    LOL,Yep, I'm feelin like a dumb a$$!!! Had that app for months and just now learn it.. Anyway, the ss are on the way now, hope it helps..

08-31-09 10:13 PM
    Great news. Someone else is seeing the same improvments I am lol.

Send the screenies to gbhil at sprint.blackberry.net please!

Cool! With your screenies and bkir72's I think i can center everything up. Then put the eye candy back in, and let y'all have at it!
    Yum...eye candy....can't wait
    09-01-09 05:35 AM
    Update 09/01/09

Final version OTA posted...see bottom of first post
    09-01-09 09:40 PM
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!D/L right now!! I will report back!!!

09-01-09 09:47 PM
    I'm getting a "server timeout" error 504, any ideas?? Is it a zip ota or normal??

09-01-09 09:50 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD