This is my latest theme for 8330 users that are running the leaked OS 5.0 on their BB's with the hybrid that allows the use of 8500 themes.

The theme features a six user customizable icon dock on the home screen with dedicated slimline and unobtrusive message and calendar icons with a hidden today preview area, removing the need for you to waste an icon or two of the dock. Fonts are user customizable.

I want to thank Jennifer72 for allowing me to use her two wallpapers for the home, application, lock and call screens.

There is one issue I have noticed with OS 5.0 in that there now seems to be a provision for a 'pressed' version of dialog buttons, however, Plazmic 4.7 does not allow you to customize this therefore when you click a dialog button you will see the default from the Precision theme for an instant. Can't wait for Plazmic 5.0!

Enough words! Here are the screenshots:

You can pick up this theme over the air at the following link:

Threshold for 83XX OS 5.0 with hybrid OTA

One of the nice things about the today preview areas is that it reduces the need for many different variants of a theme, however, if you have a request please feel free to post it! I am already planning to release a bottom dock version with weather icon.

Thanks for checking out my work!

Russ.
    10-05-09 09:56 AM
    This is a really nice theme. I like how the icons are on the top thanks for posting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 12:17 PM
    This is a really nice theme. I like how the icons are on the top thanks for posting.

You're welcome! Glad you like it and thanks for the nice comments!
    10-05-09 12:30 PM
    Theme looks awsome, downloading it now. Can't wait to try it out.
    Thanks
    10-05-09 12:53 PM
    you should put some kind of banner on the bottom, even like a little transparent one so the time could be seen on light wallpapers
    10-05-09 01:07 PM
    That's a good suggestion, I suppose I could always add the banner background to the svg file.

10-05-09 02:16 PM
    Theme looks awsome, downloading it now. Can't wait to try it out.
    Thanks
    Thank you! I hope you enjoy it once its on your berry!

10-05-09 03:01 PM
    I downloaded the theme but I can not see it in my theme list. Is there something else I should do?

10-05-09 06:00 PM
    I downloaded the theme but I can not see it in my theme list. Is there something else I should do?

yes download the hybrid
    10-05-09 07:03 PM

Did you find the hybrid ok and get it sorted? Feel free to pin or bbm me if you're having trouble.

10-05-09 08:09 PM
    I am having the same problem I have the 5.0.0.230 installed and did the download bb said okay. The theme is not under themes. If there is a download folder I cannot find that in the apps.
    10-05-09 11:27 PM
    I am having the same problem I have the 5.0.0.230 installed and did the download bb said okay. The theme is not under themes. If there is a download folder I cannot find that in the apps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/852...s5-0-a-325635/

or

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/833...hybrid-327032/

Read these threads. You must be using the hybrid to be able to utilize these themes.

10-06-09 02:59 AM
    I have downloaded the add on to the pc and installed easy link and bbsak but really not sure where to go from here. Do or can I select files and drop in java folder on pc or which files..
    10-06-09 09:21 AM
    This is the best free 5.0 theme I have seen yet for the Curve. I love the way you did the hidden Today on the side of the screen. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    10-06-09 09:51 AM
    Russ What Are You Using To Make These Themes ???? I Had Made A Nice Simple Theme When I Was Running The 4.5 Os And Now With The 5.0 Hybrid I Want It Back Lol . What Are You Changing In Plazmic ???
    10-06-09 10:13 AM
    I have downloaded the add on to the pc and installed easy link and bbsak but really not sure where to go from here. Do or can I select files and drop in java folder on pc or which files..
    Read the first post in either one of the links I provided above. It gives better, more detailed instructions than I can provide.
    10-06-09 12:56 PM
    Russ What Are You Using To Make These Themes ???? I Had Made A Nice Simple Theme When I Was Running The 4.5 Os And Now With The 5.0 Hybrid I Want It Back Lol . What Are You Changing In Plazmic ???
    Zeeraf,

These themes are created as 8500 themes instead of 8300, that way they work with the hybrid patch for 5.0.

Russ.
    10-06-09 01:28 PM
    I've updated the theme to have a semi-transparent background behind the banner items on both the home screen and the application and lock screens. I'd definitely like some opinions.

You can grab the update by the same link as in the first post.

Thanks!

Russ.
    10-06-09 01:32 PM
    I don't see the detail instructions … Just the link for the os but no instructions. I guess I am missing something.. I went to the wrong post but found your instructions…. Is there a way to open the hybrid and copy files to the java folder. It comes up in bbsak… but I do not know where to go after that. I have hit install cod and it shows files there but are these to be copied into the .230 java folder?
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 10-06-09 at 02:32 PM.
    10-06-09 02:26 PM
    Is there a link to 230/238 that I can install and then download the themes to it. I am not following the instructions or not understanding them to update from 230??
    10-06-09 02:45 PM
    Here's the thread with a link to the 230 hybrid in the first post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/833...hybrid-327032/

You need to extract these files over the original 5.0 folder on your PC. You can find this at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\shared\AppLoader

Under that folder will be a directory for 5.0, I'm not at my PC so can't tell you the exact name but it will start with something like AMEA and have 5.0 in the name. You need to extract the rar or zip file into this directory. After, you can slim down the OS if you wish and then run loader.exe for the install. You cannot install the hybrid with bbsak.

Hope this helps!

Russ.

10-06-09 04:23 PM
    This is maddening!!! total frustration on my part… I am going to give this one more shot … I have gone to the link to the thread that has the same directions that I am struggling with! I downloaded the easy install file that I am suppose to get files out of and copy paste I guess into by bb 5.0.0.230 os. BBsak is not needed to do this but what app opens this easy share file. It is on the desktop with an extension .rar. Please do not point me back to the link to the thread with the instructions ….. If I can get the file to open I will copy them to the os java folder. Do I copy the whole file into the java folder? Does anyone just have the 230/238 os to download???
    10-06-09 11:39 PM
    Ok, now I understand what you're asking. To extract the rar archive you need WinRAR from:

WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

You don't copy the whole archive to the java folder, the archive is arranged so that if you extract it to the OS folder it will put the correct files in the base folder and the correct files in the java folder.

Russ.
    10-07-09 08:16 AM
    so That helps alot I downloaded the program and not I just hit extract to the os and that is it? sorry still having problems I ran the rar app extracted files to path the app suggested and found the folder for 230/238 opened it, opened java and copied apps. I then went to c drive ,program files, common files, rim files, shared, 8330 5.0.0.230 folder, java folder and pasted them there. Went to app loaded exe and in went through the process but did not upgrade. Do I need to uninstall the old os then run app loaded? Thanks
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 10-07-09 at 10:37 AM.
    10-07-09 09:42 AM
    You mention copying the java folder to the java folder of the OS, did you also copy the files in the base folder to the base of the OS? Basically, cod files go under java and alx under the base folder.

10-07-09 01:30 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD