By the way, make sure you use the loader.exe itself and don't go through desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 01:32 PM
    Could not get it to load so I wiped os and I am reloading. I will let you know if I got it or did not copy files right….
    10-07-09 03:53 PM
    this is by far my favorite theme!!! and i am loving this .238 love so much its like i got a whole new phone. i wanted to know if i could get a mod to this theme? i have a wallpaper that i have cropped and ready to go, and just wanted to know if you would set it to the incoming call screen, wallpaper, lock screen, outgoing call screen, bascially all the screens so they will be the same. please hook me up. i would be willing to donate if needed. my email is boondockjohnatsprintdotblackberrydotnet if you are willing please send me an email and i will send the wall. thank you in advance
    10-07-09 08:22 PM
    More than happy to "hook you up", bdj. I'll have it for you in the morning.

Russ.

10-08-09 12:33 AM
    Great theme, love it Clean, professional yet beautiful. I like the messages and calendar along the side. Opens room for other apps. on the home page.
    11-06-09 10:41 AM
    The only issue I have been able to find is that when you highlight multiple messages only the last message shows as highlighted. Not a huge deal, but I highlight multiple messages a lot and this can be confusing.
    11-06-09 08:51 PM
    More than happy to "hook you up", bdj. I'll have it for you in the morning.

Russ.

Hey man, this theme is the s@#+!!!!!! What else you got for us!!!!!! And PM me when you release a new one please!!!!!!!!! My favorite theme........ keep'em coming!

11-07-09 04:05 AM
    I just discovered your theme and have downloaded it with no problem. Looks great! Thanks for all your work - the sidebar for messages and calendar is excellent!

One question: I always change the background photo on the front page to the ocean - just a personal quirk. So what I look for are the icons, layout, etc and yours is great with my photo. However, on all the other themes I have used, the other pages stay with the theme - in your case that would be black. When I hit the BB Menu button in your theme, the background is my photo and that does not work so great for a page of icons.

Do you know of a way for me to just change the home page background?

By the way, found the link on the Nathanix site. These forums get full so fast that you miss some great things and I missed your theme.
    11-07-09 08:55 PM
    I just updated this theme using the new BlackBerry Theme Builder v5.0 that was released at devcon. It now includes screen and menu transitions and the button press graphics is now included. Same OTA link as in the first post.

Russ.

11-09-09 06:00 PM
    Super! I just installed and it looks great. I really like the new buttons.
    11-09-09 06:47 PM
    The only issue I have been able to find is that when you highlight multiple messages only the last message shows as highlighted. Not a huge deal, but I highlight multiple messages a lot and this can be confusing.
    I too am unable to highlight messages or my call history. Not a super big deal to me though.

I am running this with about 24mb of ram. It runs it quite well unless my memory drops below 15mb or I am multitasking apps and then everything(typing, transitions, etc..) gets rather sluggish. but this is to be expected with such low memory.

I am VERY surprised this runs as well as it does though. This is pretty much my favorite theme so far, and I am super picky when it comes to themes. Having transitions make it feel like a whole new phone. Much thanks to the creator! Keep stuff like this coming! A++ AWESOME WORK!
    11-10-09 11:34 PM
    I love your theme! It's awesome! I was wondering if you can post the wallpapers of the theme separately for download? Thanks!
    11-11-09 11:43 AM
    I just updated this theme using the new BlackBerry Theme Builder v5.0 that was released at devcon. It now includes screen and menu transitions and the button press graphics is now included. Same OTA link as in the first post.

Russ.

So you can have a home screen different that your app screen? and what is a graphics button. Have your threshold theme not the update yet..
    11-11-09 01:39 PM
    I love your theme! It's awesome! I was wondering if you can post the wallpapers of the theme separately for download? Thanks!
    Both of the wallpapers are by jennifer72 and used with her kind permission. You can grab them both right here on crackberry:

http://crackberry.com/wallpaper-techy-stuff-bb-leather

http://crackberry.com/wallpaper-techy-stuff-black-tour

Enjoy!

Russ.
    11-11-09 02:35 PM
    So you can have a home screen different that your app screen? and what is a graphics button. Have your threshold theme not the update yet..
    When you design a theme, it is possible to use a different wallpaper for each, however, if you change the wallpaper for the home screen once the theme is loaded it will replace both (which is a nuisance!).

At 4.5, the buttons on the dialogs (Ok, Cancel etc) had two states you could customize with your own graphics, focused and not-focused. With 5.0 there is a third state added for which you can customize the button called 'active', which is the graphic that shows when you click the button.

Russ.
    11-11-09 02:39 PM
    I just discovered your theme and have downloaded it with no problem. Looks great! Thanks for all your work - the sidebar for messages and calendar is excellent!

One question: I always change the background photo on the front page to the ocean - just a personal quirk. So what I look for are the icons, layout, etc and yours is great with my photo. However, on all the other themes I have used, the other pages stay with the theme - in your case that would be black. When I hit the BB Menu button in your theme, the background is my photo and that does not work so great for a page of icons.

Do you know of a way for me to just change the home page background?

By the way, found the link on the Nathanix site. These forums get full so fast that you miss some great things and I missed your theme.
    From what I've seen, this is caused by the fact that I use a different background on the app screen from the default one. At the moment, there isn't a way around that I can think of. However, if you would like to post your background I'd be happy to make you a custom version of the theme with what you're looking for.

I too am unable to highlight messages or my call history. Not a super big deal to me though.

I am running this with about 24mb of ram. It runs it quite well unless my memory drops below 15mb or I am multitasking apps and then everything(typing, transitions, etc..) gets rather sluggish. but this is to be expected with such low memory.

I am VERY surprised this runs as well as it does though. This is pretty much my favorite theme so far, and I am super picky when it comes to themes. Having transitions make it feel like a whole new phone. Much thanks to the creator! Keep stuff like this coming! A++ AWESOME WORK!
    The issue with highlighting messages is probably just a color choice issue for the highlight bars, I hardly ever get any calls on my berry (I think my wife is the only person that loves me!) and hadn't noticed. I'll dig into it and post an update if I can fix it.

I always work hard at making sure that my themes run well, a lot of the performance problems with themes can come from not creating your graphics in the correct format and with applicable compression in the files.
    11-11-09 02:55 PM
    When using certain themes I get the bbm icon for new sms/mms. Anyone know how to fix this? I am running the hybrid and have the precision theme installed. This theme is great but has this problem.

11-11-09 05:54 PM
    Its not the bbm icon , look closer lol . There is a different icons for new sms/mms with the hybrid
    11-11-09 06:00 PM
    russnash, I am not sure what happened but when I installed your Threshold upgrade, my background is doing exactly what want. The main page is ocean and the menu page is your black.

So, please don't spend any time working on it on my account! You fixed it.

Do you have all your themes in one place? I like your styles and would like to peruse your other work. The messages and calendar on the side is just great! Not sure why more folks don't do it.
    11-11-09 07:03 PM
    Can you pleasee make it for 0S 4.5??

11-11-09 07:39 PM
    Not sure if it is OS 5 v5 for the curve or the theme but here is the problem. I have installed all types of weather apps - weatherbug, weather eye, berryweather, bbweather and all have the same issue.

I put them in the home page positions and they look great. They are displaying the current weather - I double checked by looking out the window - and all is fine. Later I realize they have not changed but when I use the BB menu, and look at the application icon in the menu, it has changed and is correct. Going back to the home page, the icon is the same as it was several hours earlier.

If I move the icon position, but still on the home page, it changes and shows the current weather. But again, it does not change unless I move it again. BUT the one in the application menu always updates.

Hope this is clear - Again not sure but t appears to be theme related. And I can always look out the window.
    11-12-09 07:20 PM
    Marsha its not an issue with the hybrid , its an issue with the new theme builder . It does the same thing with aim and yahoo messenger . I have both on my home screen and when I sign in it does show unless I go to my app screen and back out . I even updated a theme I made using the new theme builder and its the same issue

11-12-09 07:33 PM
    russnash, I am not sure what happened but when I installed your Threshold upgrade, my background is doing exactly what want. The main page is ocean and the menu page is your black.

So, please don't spend any time working on it on my account! You fixed it.

Do you have all your themes in one place? I like your styles and would like to peruse your other work. The messages and calendar on the side is just great! Not sure why more folks don't do it.
    I'm working on a website for my themes right now, the URL will be Gray Matter Online - Use it or loose it! although there are no themes up at the moment as it's just a skeleton, however, I'm planning on having things together over the weekend.

Can you pleasee make it for 0S 4.5??

I could, however, the today previews will not work at that OS release. I'll put it on my request list! :-)

Not sure if it is OS 5 v5 for the curve or the theme but here is the problem. I have installed all types of weather apps - weatherbug, weather eye, berryweather, bbweather and all have the same issue.

I put them in the home page positions and they look great. They are displaying the current weather - I double checked by looking out the window - and all is fine. Later I realize they have not changed but when I use the BB menu, and look at the application icon in the menu, it has changed and is correct. Going back to the home page, the icon is the same as it was several hours earlier.

If I move the icon position, but still on the home page, it changes and shows the current weather. But again, it does not change unless I move it again. BUT the one in the application menu always updates.

Hope this is clear - Again not sure but t appears to be theme related. And I can always look out the window.
    I've heard of this issue with OS 5.0 themes recently, if I do come across a fix I'll be sure to let you know!

Russ.
    11-12-09 07:58 PM
    Its fine, I'd appreciate any way you could make it work, thanks!!!

11-13-09 06:37 AM
    any update on the 4.5 version?
    11-30-09 11:14 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD