04-17-10 11:02 PM
954 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Trimax84, It looks like a really clean and crisp theme. Unfortunately, the 88xx series link is not functioning and the OTA download for L4.2 does not work for me either. It would be nice to see these available for install through DM as well. You do really good work and I will keep checking in to see if the links and the OTA link are corrrected.
    09-25-08 04:08 PM
    Yeah how do you install these, they save as .jad files?
    Dont navigate and download using browser on PC!
    Download from Blackberry device using device browser and it will auto install!

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    09-25-08 04:16 PM
    I have only had my Curve for about a week and i still learning how to use it. how exactly do I download and get this theme on my computer?

Very cool theme!
    Last edited by jimmyb21; 09-25-08 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Figured it out. Thanks
    09-25-08 04:21 PM
    Theme Love!!!!!!
    09-25-08 04:23 PM
    Its a nice theme as far as colors and looks but it sucks that you can't arrange the home screen icons with whichever icons you want it to appear..
    Also the fonts are kinda small compared to other themes.
    in the menu screen the fonts don't disappear like it should after scrolling over a icon. And there is not Application icon on the L home screen.

Other than those its ok.
    I would use this theme if those are addressed but until then I'll go back to my other themes.
    09-25-08 04:24 PM
    This theme is the best I have seen. It is very clean, cool, and smart. I am a professional, and always looking for something on the edge that doesn't say "geek" or "too young" at the same time. This theme has done it.

Trimax - is it possible to have a L theme with movable icons? I had this in my last theme "BB Dimension L" - and I was able to arrange them by arranging the icons in the complete icon menu listing which affected the icons in the home screen. It would even allow 3rd party apps to be on the home screen. I live and die with viigo, and use it all the time.

Can you make an L version in blue with arrangable icons? Please?!? That would make my year - and I would tell all about the great theme.

Also, have you considered other colors: Burnt Orange for example. Just a thought. I would pay for this customization if you were able to do it with arrangable icons.

Thanks again for all of your hard work for the blackberry community. I want you to know that it is appreciated by all of us that don't have the talent that you have.
    09-25-08 04:52 PM
    I was wondering if theres a good reason that I would be getting a "XML syntax error on line 1" message when I try to add the theme through the desktop manager? is it because it's a .jad file when the program is looking for an .alx or .ali format?
    09-25-08 04:59 PM
    Thanks, man. Those are some really crisp themes. Appreciate your work.
    09-25-08 05:04 PM
    Just go to crackberry on your device and click the link in the story/blog post.
    09-25-08 05:06 PM
    NVM thanks to demodvr, i just used the bb browser to access the link in stead of opera mini which is what i normally use.
    But that still doesn't answer the desktop manager issue.
    09-25-08 05:26 PM
    Ok, i'm a newbie so bare with me....how do i install this on my bb 8330 when its only a jad file, usually i need an alx file?
    09-25-08 05:46 PM
    i am also a verizon cust w/ curve 8330 and i tried to upgrade. application loader said no updates were available for my device. Did I do something wrong? Please help!
    09-25-08 05:49 PM
    Wheres The Bold Version?
    09-25-08 05:53 PM
    PM sent! This theme looks frakn cool
    09-25-08 05:58 PM
    Theme is awesome. Only 2 things. Is there no wifi icon on the home screen? And also, the transparent menus don't work with opera mini. If it was user customizable it would be one of the best out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 05:59 PM
    AMAZING!

if only i could use it on my pearl ;-)
    09-25-08 06:07 PM
    Would somebody mind posting a screenshot of what their 8310 looks like with this theme installed on the "Messages" screen? Mine looks great everywhere but when I go to messages, the top banner changes to something completely different.
    09-25-08 06:37 PM
    Can you do one with:
    Email
    SMS and MMS
    Calendar
    Contacts
    Applications
    Google maps
    MediaBrowser
    Camera
    Profiles

Thank you!!!!
    09-25-08 06:57 PM
    would you please put Dock 4.3 for the curve thanks.
    by the way great job
    09-25-08 07:13 PM
    This theme is wonderful, truly! One of the sleekest, most responsive ones I've used.

I'd personally appreciate a customized version with the following layout:

Today Elements:
    msg2
    Calendar
    event1
    event2
    Call Log
    log1
    log2

Icons (left to right):
    Memo Pad, Tasks, Alarm Clock, Media, Camera, Profiles

Also, is it possible to have the font used in the Messages and SMS lists to be the same but regular, not bold? That would be awesome!

Once again, great work on a great theme!
    09-25-08 07:36 PM
    Trimax84...must tell you that I love every single one of these. I'm wondering if there's anyway of getting the Blue Dock for 4.3 at all or the Red Hot Corners for 4.3 at all???
    09-25-08 07:58 PM
    Wow....looks like an explosion went off! I really appreciate all of the interest and positive comments! I have also received over 30 PMs today alone, so bear with me if it takes some time getting back to everyone. I have been away for a few days and just got in now, so I appologize for not addressing many of the concerns here lately. I will do my best now (from memory).....

I plan on fixing the 88xx link, hopefully tonight since that's a common request.
    There is a Pearl version, see the first post for the link.
    OTA = Over The Air = cannot install from Desktop Manager! You can either click on the link FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY, email yourself the link to click FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY, or type in the web address INTO YOUR BLACKBERRY BROWSER (this is why I make all links "tinyurl.com..." - they are easy to type in!).
    If it installs and appears on your programs list, but not under the themes list, make sure you installed the correct version. If you don't know what version you have, try one that says "4.2" first, and then try a "4.3."
    I have plans for a 9xxx version, but cannot make that a priority right now.
    Only the Zen version has moveable icons! Unfortunately Plazmic 4.5 doesn't allow any other of my other themes to have moveable icons. I will be playing with Plazmic 4.6 to see if that does, and there are also some features I want to implement into this theme (like the "Flash" seen on the Bold!!!). Unfotunately the current Plazmic 4.6 won't export custom fonts, so we may have to wait until I get it just right (I don't want to release a version that loses it's classy look by having ugly font).
    The menus in Opera don't work well because of the transparency I used in the menus. I noticed VNC+ has a similar problem. I am running a version on my device which has solid menus but retains transparent dialog boxes (which fixes the issue). Things are busy right now, so if you want a version like this please contact me about donating. Otherwise hold off, I may get around to it in the future and release a free version.
    On the "Messages" screen, those icons are not customizeable via Plazmic. Believe me, I would like them to be consistent with the theme too (citrixscu had this question).
    Tardman...there should be a wifi icon.

Ok, I think that answers most questions here.
    PM me about donations and customizations if you would like.
    If you just simply want to donate, click here:

Let the customizations begin.........
    09-25-08 08:06 PM
    88xx version should work now!
    88xx users please confirm this
    Last edited by trimax84; 09-25-08 at 08:26 PM.
    09-25-08 08:09 PM
    Wow! Awesome theme!
    I am using the Cool Blue Today 4.3 Theme on my VZW Curve 8330.

A request I would like to make is on the bottom icons, to replace these icons:
    Manage Connections
    Camera
    Media

With:
    Combined SMS & MMS
    Blackberry Messenger
    Search

And how/where do I make my donation for this GREAT work? Great themes!

PS - Would not mind seeing a Red Today Theme for the 8330, v4.3!

Thanks!
    ~CMT
    09-25-08 08:48 PM
    Trimax84,

Can you move the alarm clock icon a little more to the right, for users who use the 24hour clock it gets covered by the time & kinda throws the clean look you have created off.

Note: I have noticed it in the today 4.5 (blue & red) & red corners 4.5 themes....it's even in my custom blue today theme as well. BTW, I am using an 8330.

(yes I did send you a PM earlier...lol)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by lamonicaj; 09-25-08 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added picture
    09-25-08 08:51 PM
954 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD