I am having trouble loading this on my 8330, 4.5.0.77.

App loader wont take it, and when i do the OTQA download, the theme doesnt show up in my list of themes.....

what am i doing wrong?

TIA
    09-25-08 12:35 PM
    as a follow up, I just read through most of the thread and would love to donate

I would like the blue Today theme for 4.5 with Address Book, Calendar and Messages on the today screen. For the bottom dock, would like SMS, BBM,Browser,Profiles and Options please.

Kindly let me know.

TIA!
    09-25-08 12:36 PM
    Absolutely!

I'm with Kazmi, work like this needs to be rewarded. I am sure you are being bogged down by requests for customization. I would also love to donate and perhaps have a special tweak or two made for myself.

Just let me know how you would like things to be handled and I'm definitely in.

09-25-08 12:45 PM
    trimax84
    Thanks a lot, very nice.
    09-25-08 12:47 PM
    Wow...downloaded the Zen 4.3 Cool Blue, looks outstanding. Love the movable icons and that you can have your own picture as the homescreen background. Thanks and keep up the good work.
    09-25-08 01:03 PM
    i have a 8830 and i am having an issue loading the theme. I am using the application loader and it keeps failing. Any ideas?
    09-25-08 01:05 PM
    I found the easiest way is to mouse over the install you are looking for, direct the browser to the given "tinyurl", instead of navigating to the page and clicking on the url.

If that is what you tried, then I'm not sure.
    09-25-08 01:11 PM
    I really like this theme, can't wait to get it on my blackberry.
    09-25-08 01:14 PM
    anybody install on the 8830 yet? the link is broken
    09-25-08 01:35 PM
    anybody install on the 8830 yet? the link is broken
    The curve and the 8830 share the same screen resolution-you can use any of the curve themes; however, keep in mind where there is a camera icon, you will have a blank space.....read through pages 10 and 11 and find one of the versions the OP did for others....you might find what you are looking for. Then you will need to download to your PC and load via App loader (no OTA links for those yet!).

I'm using the Today theme and loving it - apart from the missing camera icon...Ive requested a modification from the creator, so lets see....
    09-25-08 01:45 PM
    the only issue i am having is when using opera mini. when i go to exit out of it, i hit the menu button, and the normal full screen of options in the bottom left hand corner does not appear. not sure why that is though. i'm assuming the difference in background colors and such. but it's not that huge of a deal since i know that once i hit the menu key, i need to scroll all the way to the bottom to close.
    09-25-08 01:54 PM
    the only issue i am having is when using opera mini. when i go to exit out of it, i hit the menu button, and the normal full screen of options in the bottom left hand corner does not appear. not sure why that is though. i'm assuming the difference in background colors and such. but it's not that huge of a deal since i know that once i hit the menu key, i need to scroll all the way to the bottom to close.
    that's a known issue with 4.5 themes...don't know why but I have had it too and with more than one application - someone made a mention of it in this thread. I have since uninstalled Opera Mini due to this reason...
    09-25-08 01:56 PM
    The curve and the 8830 share the same screen resolution-you can use any of the curve themes; however, keep in mind where there is a camera icon, you will have a blank space.....read through pages 10 and 11 and find one of the versions the OP did for others....you might find what you are looking for. Then you will need to download to your PC and load via App loader (no OTA links for those yet!).

I'm using the Today theme and loving it - apart from the missing camera icon...Ive requested a modification from the creator, so lets see....

Same here. I had to use the 4.2 link in order to get it to load, the others appear as an application.

I think the only mod needed really is to just have the icons moveable. So we can drag and drop at will. Then it would be flawless in my own opinion.
    09-25-08 02:03 PM
    I am having trouble loading this on my 8330, 4.5.0.77.

App loader wont take it, and when i do the OTQA download, the theme doesnt show up in my list of themes.....

what am i doing wrong?

TIA
    I have found that I sometimes have to reboot or do a battery pull after installing a theme before it will show up in the themes list.

Of course after installing this theme, I doubt I'll want any new ones anytime soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 02:12 PM
    that's a known issue with 4.5 themes...don't know why but I have had it too and with more than one application - someone made a mention of it in this thread. I have since uninstalled Opera Mini due to this reason...
    cool...thanks for the info. i'll probably still keep opera mini because this little glitch isn't anything major. i'm still loving the theme though!
    09-25-08 02:26 PM
    Guys,
    I am trying to load the link on my BB8320 to download the link but it seems that it would take me to crackberry.com and then won't load the thread link it keeps on going to the same page over and over again
    09-25-08 02:31 PM
    super awesome theme. Anyway that 88xx would be uploaded again due to a bad link?

Oh and ill be sending you a PM
    09-25-08 02:35 PM
    I must not be doing something right. I tried the 4.2 version and when i use the application loader i get <No additional applications designed for your device is found>
    09-25-08 02:35 PM
    n00b here.. how do u install? DM?
    Yeah how do you install these, they save as .jad files?
    09-25-08 02:41 PM
    I must not be doing something right. I tried the 4.2 version and when i use the application loader i get <No additional applications designed for your device is found>
    hmm..are you running 4.5? and you downloaded to your PC? Did you extract from the zip folder? Right click on the zip folder, choose extract here from the menu. Then when you connect your BB to the pc, run app loader and click on add new applications (not change application or the one to the right)...it will work and then you need to click on Browse..point it to the folder where the zip files were extracted to (they should have an alx and cod file)...the alx is what the app loader will recognise and you choose that....it runs again and from the list you should now see the theme as being checked..Action should say "install"...make sure nothing else is being changed and then click next...that should do it....

if you followed this, then try the 4.5 version and see if that's the reason?
    09-25-08 02:42 PM
    How do i get this cool blue on my phone i have downloaded it but it is not coming up.. help me please
    09-25-08 02:46 PM

Don't download to your desktop and don't navigate to the forum via your mobile device. Instead, mouse over the link of the version you want and direct your mobile device directly to that url.

it should popup as a download/install on its own that way.

its the translation that kills it for some people.

Also, if you are not getting the version that corresponds to your current OS, it will show up as an application and not a theme.

Good Luck!
    09-25-08 02:52 PM
    Hello, I loev the way the theme looks! I have an 8830 and the link for the 88xx is not working. Is there another place I can download it because I have a blank spot where the camera icon should be.
    09-25-08 02:53 PM
    love the themes but I cannot customize the home screen apps? are they preset and locked? that's a bummer if they are. most of the ones that are preset i dont even use ..
    09-25-08 03:05 PM
    Trimax84,
    I just downloaded this theme and it is great.
    I was wondering if u are going to release a Red Hot version for 4.2OS.
    If u are not are willing to create one for a donation.
    Thanks
    09-25-08 03:07 PM
954 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD