12-07-08 10:13 PM
110 123 ...
tools
    Hey, I took my Icon theme and turned it into a bottom dock theme. All of the icons were extracted from the bold files and I scaled them down to fit the zen icon sizes. I did not stretch them so they would look distorted, they are scaled and cropped to fit.
    All the themes allow for customizing the fonts and changing lock screen background. The only fonts that are locked are the menu fonts and the dialog fonts.

Let me know what you think.

Mods: If you could rename this thread to "Replica Curve 8900 Theme 83xx" I would appreciate it.

*************UPDATE 12/06/08*************
    After hearing a few of you and what you liked/disliked, I have created a final version. I don't plan on updating this theme everyday, so I'll probably leave it to here for now. I am only posting this version for about a day, if there is nothing very wrong with it, I'll post the other versions with different font for the menus and dialog boxes as well as maybe another few versions with different wallpapers (so you can have a different wallpaper than the lightning as well as the locked app screen wallpaper) that is, if you want me to. If not, I can just post the 8900 wallpapers that come with it in a zip package. Some of the changes included moving the profiles icon over to the right so that the unread message bar could be longer on the left side. I also changed the icons back to their original larger size. The banner is a bit darker and is rounded like before. Like I said, I probably won't be changing this version and this will be the final release barring some really big problems like text getting cut off or something of that nature.

Also, I'll try to get a 4.2-4.3 version up, cant guarantee anything for now though.

OTA LINKS are up and working
    http://worlddeveloper.org/files/1318...Alpha_Sans.jad
    http://worlddeveloper.org/files/1319...Alpha_Sans.jad

Donations are much appreciated, Thank You.

Please click the link below.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=1582004
    Last edited by JeffH; 12-27-08 at 10:57 PM. Reason: deleted the Theme attachment at the OP's request
    11-22-08 09:34 AM
    is that the storm background?
    11-22-08 09:35 AM
    is that the storm background?
    no, i just found it online somewhere. it sort of resembles it tho
    11-22-08 09:38 AM
    OTA is down at the moment, will try to get it up shortly...
    Does anyone know how to make files "public" on worlddeveloper.org? PM me if you do.
    11-22-08 10:03 AM
    Looking good!
    11-22-08 10:28 AM
    Looks great! Could you send me the desktop file til you get the ota sorted out?

Nevermind. Just found it on themes4bb. Will try it when I get back home later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by maxiang; 11-22-08 at 06:26 PM.
    11-22-08 04:18 PM
    OTA is working, sorry about that.
    11-23-08 02:59 AM
    hey i LOVE this theme. it's very clean! any chance you can make a Sans 7? the smaller font makes it look that much cleaner.

also, i don't know if it's associated with the theme or not, but my bb seems to be lagging. i'm doing a batt pull right now to see if it will resolve.

so far i love the programs folder. i'm not sure if that's doable with other themes, but it's one of my favorite things about this theme. it really cleans it up.
    11-23-08 04:25 AM
    I like it, thanks!
    11-23-08 10:33 AM
    hey i LOVE this theme. it's very clean! any chance you can make a Sans 7? the smaller font makes it look that much cleaner.

also, i don't know if it's associated with the theme or not, but my bb seems to be lagging. i'm doing a batt pull right now to see if it will resolve.

so far i love the programs folder. i'm not sure if that's doable with other themes, but it's one of my favorite things about this theme. it really cleans it up.
    If I make 7, some of the icons like the check mark and the x's next to the messages aren't scaled down and are cut off making it look kind of bad. So right now I can make it for you but that will happen.
    11-23-08 12:25 PM
    Are the save massages and compose icons missing? Other than that this is the best bold theme yet. Great job!
    11-23-08 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the theme, but the deal breaker for me is that you can't scroll left and right across the home screen icons. You have to scroll up and down. It would make much more sense to scroll up for the profiles icon and left/right for the home screen icons.

It's too much for my brain, lol. I'm so used to the left/right scroll.
    11-23-08 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the theme, but the deal breaker for me is that you can't scroll left and right across the home screen icons. You have to scroll up and down. It would make much more sense to scroll up for the profiles icon and left/right for the home screen icons.

It's too much for my brain, lol. I'm so used to the left/right scroll.

I didn't realize it did that, I'll fix it in a bit. Sry bout that.

11-23-08 05:31 PM
    I didn't realize it did that, I'll fix it in a bit. Sry bout that.

Wowza! Really? Well, I believe I just found my favorite theme. Thank ya sir
    11-23-08 05:35 PM
    fixed scrolling issue, just redownload
    11-23-08 08:31 PM
    fixed scrolling issue, just redownload
    I have to tell you...I've tried many many themes, and there is always something about them that makes them less than perfect. But after your fix, this is now my default theme.

Just perfect!

Thank you so much.
    11-24-08 12:55 AM
    I agree, this theme is sweet!!! I've tried many themes and there were a few that I really liked but you couldn't customize your fonts. This theme is awesome...thankyou!

11-24-08 11:28 AM
    No matter how cool some themes i've downloaded before were, there were always one to two small things that just drived me nuts, so i decided to learn how to make my own. I hope I solved that problem for good Let me know if you find anything else wrong with it. Next time I'll test it out a little more before releasing it, it was a PITA to change all of the ota files and what not. thanks everybody, i appreciate it!
    11-24-08 12:20 PM
    Hi.. The best bold theme so far and it's my theme now. Just one question, if we change the wallpaper it will change the background both on the home screen and the application screen. Can we lock the application screen to a certain background, e.g. bold blue precision (attached), and only having the home screen changed? This is how the bb bold works, isn't it. Thanks..
    11-24-08 05:14 PM
    Hi.. The best bold theme so far and it's my theme now. Just one question, if we change the wallpaper it will change the background both on the home screen and the application screen. Can we lock the application screen to a certain background, e.g. bold blue precision (attached), and only having the home screen changed? This is how the bb bold works, isn't it. Thanks..

send me a pm and I can change that for you. its a setting you have to adjust in theme builder, takes 2 secs, but it won't be OTA.
    11-25-08 01:47 AM
    Hey, I hope you don't think I'm being ungrateful, because this is an awesome theme.
    I was wondering how hard it would be to change or make another of this same theme with BBCasual font set at 9 extra bold with font smoothing on and the locked application background bold blue precision.

Please don't think I'm ungrateful, this is the theme I'll be using from now on just the way it is but if there was one like the one I suggested above, to me that would be the perfect theme.

11-25-08 06:47 AM
    so there is no way to change the font? thats what I was coming back to ask. I use BB Casual 10 bold and couldn't get it to change in my messages.

to the creator-if there is a way please let me know. thanks!
    11-25-08 09:50 AM
    awesome themes!!

although i get a 907 invalid COD error with the Sans 9 font one.

the other two work perfectly?

any thoughts?
    11-25-08 11:23 AM
    Well said blackngray... I have pm tom1 asking if he can make the app screen locked, then this will be perfect.
    11-25-08 12:22 PM
    Yeah, he did a great job. This is the best theme I have ever found. I really like the black menus with blue highlighting and white lettering and I really like how he used the different fonts. I use the BBCasual font set at 9 extra bold with font smoothing on my BB.

I haven't played with a Bold yet but it looks like he used actual Bold icons which I also really like. That was something else I didn't like about other themes, I prefer actual BB icons.

11-25-08 01:14 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD