Verizon 8330 user here. I downloaded a patriotic theme from blacklightthemes.com. Now, my BB doesn't work worth a #*^@! It doesn't boot right. I can't scroll down my icons. When the backlight goes off, I can't get it back even if I get a call or a text of any kind. If someone could even tell me how to erase the theme using desktop manager, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Dave
    06-03-09 07:47 PM
    Are you able to even get to the Options > Applications? If not then you have to go to Add/Remove Programs, I believe that's the option. I'm on my Linux laptop so I'm not right near comp with the DM
    06-03-09 08:09 PM
    I cannot get it to do anything. Where do I go to add/remove programs? Is that the desktop manager? Thanks for your help. Even if it doesn't work, at least I'm trying something.
    06-03-09 08:18 PM
    There should be a option of Add/Remove on Desktop Manager. I forgot what it's called. As I said I'm not on my Win XP machine at the moment. If someone doesn't chime in soon I will be gladly to help.
    06-03-09 08:21 PM
    OK. I found the add/remove programs on the desktop manager. I am attempting to remove it now. I will let you know the results momentarily. Hopefully, it will be removed and so will my problems. I can't make phone calls, text, scroll or anything. My phone is a paperweight.
    06-03-09 08:25 PM
    If none of that works out and none of us can work it out, make sure you also back up your phone. You would be able to reload your OS and be able to wipe fresh and be able to back up all your stuff.
    06-03-09 08:29 PM
    OK. Program removed. I have removed the battery and reinserted to see what happens. Nope. Still having the same problems. I will back it up but I have no idea how to reinstall the OS.
    06-03-09 08:32 PM
    Gonna run to Verizon to try and resolve this tonight. I will let you know what they said. Thanks for your help MBudden.
    06-03-09 08:37 PM
    Your welcome, you could be able to wipe and reload the BB device yourself. But whatever you feel more comfortable with.
    06-03-09 08:42 PM
    They saw what it was doing and gave me a new one on the spot. Now, I get the joy of trying to set it all up again.
    06-03-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD