Well I was downloading and sending themes to my friend because she has no net on her phone, but just the .jad file doesn't really help. So I used an .alx maker, and then a .jad maker (it usually makes cod files too). I used it on a disney theme I found for her, it made about 6 cod files, but then I used it on a cupcake one and only 1 cod file appeared. She's not very familiar with this stuff so I don't wanna send themes to her that don't work. My Storm 2 themes had multiple cod files so I can't test it for myself.
    01-10-10 03:38 AM
    When you export a theme for install by Desktop Manager it usually makes one .alx file and one .cod file. When you export a theme for OTA install it usually makes one .jad file and several .cod files.

If she has no internet on her phone, export it for Desktop Manager install and send that to her. She can then use DM to install it to her phone from her PC.
    01-10-10 12:21 PM
    When you export a theme for install by Desktop Manager it usually makes one .alx file and one .cod file. When you export a theme for OTA install it usually makes one .jad file and several .cod files.

If she has no internet on her phone, export it for Desktop Manager install and send that to her. She can then use DM to install it to her phone from her PC.
    Lol, thanks. So much easier than my method, I probably didn't think of that because I avoid using DM unless I have to. It lags my PC, especially when Media Manager is open.
    01-12-10 04:32 AM
    You're welcome
    Yeah, it lags mine too. I don't use Media Manager. I just turn on mass storage mode and transfer files that way. I only use DM for installing apps.
    01-12-10 06:11 AM
    I tried doing that with pictures on my phone, for some reason I couldn't find them so I didn't attempt it with music. Now, because it lags, I have around 150+ songs duplicated on my phone at least 5 times and I don't even know if all the songs went on the first time.
    01-12-10 09:33 AM
    When you put a media card in a blackberry, the berry should create a blackberry folder with folders like music, pictures, ringtones etc...
    You put the music files into the music folder in order to be able to access them with the berry. Same with ringtones pictures etc...
    Chances are your files are outside of the blackberry folder structure.

You should still be able to access them on the berry but you'll have to use file explorer to do so.
    01-12-10 10:12 AM
    I've tried it on other phones like Samsung F700 and LG Viewty and I can see them. I put it back on my Storm 2 and I can't.
    01-13-10 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD