I created a folder, and moved my secondary email accounts to it so they weren't cluttering my main screen.

I switched to another theme and switched back, and now the folder is gone.

As are all of the icons that were in that folder.

I keep getting emails, because I get the notification, and the main screen shows that I have several unread emails, but I can't access them.

If I try to create another folder with the same name, it tells me that a folder with that name already exists.

I have to change to another theme to be able to see the individual email account icons, but I really like the Zen theme.

Also, i can't seem to download new themes. I have an 8300 unlocked, being used on T-mobile with no real issues other than this.

Any tips on downloading new themes or making my folders accessible in the Zen theme?
    06-25-07 04:23 PM
    Check to make sure the folders aren't hidden.

You may also want to try the infamous battery pull.
    06-25-07 08:11 PM
    I did both of those, no luck.

I ended up using notepad to edit the blackberry.alx file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.67_P2.4.0.29 directory

I just changed the vendor code to match my phone for each theme, so now I have 13 available themes instead of the 4 that come available to use on the Curve.

Rogers, Vodafone, T-mobile, O2, etc. I'm using the Telefonica version of Zen, and it works fine so far, but I haven't tried creating any folders.
    06-25-07 08:29 PM
    When you unlock the themes do you have to download them from some where? If so is there a link somewhere for them?
    06-25-07 11:21 PM
    No, they are already on the phone. I didn't dare try copy/paste a themes name from my other blackberry folders(this is my third blackberry).

I simply opened blackberry.alx with notepad, and searched for the word zen.

Right below where it came up, it listed a bunch of different service providers, and then I just changed the vendor ID to match my phone.

This is my section copy pasted, except I changed the vendor ID to XXX. You'll notice in your blackberry.alx file that you have a list of vendor ID's. Just deleted all of the #'s between the quotes and replace it with your vendor ID.

To find your vendor ID, type Alt+Cap+H on your phone at the same time.

Code:
                    <!-- Bell Mobility Canada filesets -->
                    <!-- AT&T US filesets -->
                    <fileset Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8800|8300" _vendorID="XXX">
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_102a_icon_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- Sprint filesets -->
                    <!-- Telefonica filesets -->
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_129_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- TIM filesets -->
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_115_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- T-Mobile filesets -->
                    <fileset Colour="True" series="8800|8300" Java="1.0" _vendorID="XXX">
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_100_320x240_b.cod
                                    net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
                                    net_rim_tmo_five.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_114_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- Vodafone filesets -->
                    <fileset series="8800|8300" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="XXX">
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_120_today_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- O2 filesets -->
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_125_today_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_125_zen_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- Orange France filesets -->
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_119_icon_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
                    </fileset>
                    <!-- Rogers filesets -->
                            <files>
                                    net_rim_theme_107_zen_320x240_b.cod
                            </files>
    06-26-07 01:00 AM
    Have you found a fix for this folder issue? I have the same thing. What did you do to fix? Thanks.
    06-26-07 01:10 AM
    I just went to a new theme and stopped using folders.
    06-26-07 02:29 AM
    Anyone else able to fix this problem? Can't use the Zen theme anymore. I guess I could change my files back and then reload it, but a huge pain though. Anyone?
    06-26-07 08:14 AM
    I searched and found this thread...because I essentially have discovered the same problem it seems.

I've got an unlocked curve on t-mobile. Did the whole thing loading the O2 OS (same version mentioned in this thread). Got email, web and t-zones all working.

Unlocked all themes.

Removed PTT.

Everything great, so I started messing with themes. Ran into the same problem using various themes (Orange, BB Dimension Today, etc). Seems that when I create a folder, it works for perhaps 12 to 18 hours, and then simply disappears, along with the icons inside it. As reported in this thread, if I try to create a new folder with the same name as one of the missing folders, I get an error telling me the folder name is in use. So - it apparently "exists", but there's a bug somewhere (in this OS version???) that can no longer display folders after a few hours. Memory leak somewhere???

Anyway - also as reported in the thread: once a theme has been "corrupted", I can't switch away and back with any hopes of it fixing the problem. I had to use a new theme - and make sure I don't create folders.

If you do a google search for "blackberry" and "disappearing folders", you'll get 71 hits. We're not the only people to experience this.

Just wondering if it's something in the O2 version of the OS? I like this version because of the full use of the T-Mobile service books it allows. But I hate not having the ability to use folder to organize my icons.

07-25-07 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD