Hello to everyone!

This is my first theme, it uses the standard resources that come with Plazmic 4.7 as I wanted to see if I could use more icons on the home screen along with a messages display. I hope to create some themes in the future with customized graphics.

This theme uses an L style of customizable application icons on the home screen as well as a messages display. There are 12 icons and 8 lines of messages. Not sure why I called it 'Propeller', but it was the name that popped into my head at the time!

Comments (good or bad) and suggestions welcome!

Hope you enjoy,

Russ.

OTA Link for OS 4.5
    Last edited by russnash; 08-03-09 at 01:04 PM.
    08-03-09 12:26 PM
    I love it! Would like calender/mess version with customizable fonts and pink of course, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:59 PM
    will this work on the curve 8330?
    08-03-09 08:40 PM
    Will this work on the curve 8330? thanks
    08-03-09 08:41 PM
    Will this work on the curve 8330? thanks
    yes as long as you are running atleast OS V4.5, just make sure that you are running 4.5 and give it a shot..

I also agree pink would ROCK!!
    Last edited by DainteeD; 08-03-09 at 09:01 PM. Reason: can't spell LOL
    08-03-09 09:00 PM
    Pink? LoL! I'll see what I can do for you. Are you talking a pink background or pink menus etc? I'll have a go at that with cal/mess.

Russ.

08-03-09 09:58 PM
    Ok, I just made a 'Pinkified' version of my Propeller theme, let me know if you want me to adjust anything.

Enjoy!

Russ.

Propeller Pink - OTA OS 4.5
    08-04-09 09:30 AM
    THANK YOU!! I am rockin it now and LOVE IT!!!!! just might wanna change the font sorta hard to read cause it is hot pink but I still love it!!
    08-05-09 09:58 PM
    Glad you like it! Do you think a different font is needed or just change the color of this one?

08-05-09 10:36 PM
    Thanks for the theme!; great to have that many icons along with more than the standard 2 messages. Only suggestion (on the standard, not pink theme) would be bigger and/or bolder font. Hard to read on home screen and also once you go into messages. Would also be great if TIME is either bigger or lower where its easier to read. Thanks again!
    08-05-09 11:50 PM
    Well I would make the font a bit bigger and maybe a lighter pink or diff color def.

08-06-09 01:54 PM
    I just found a good, clear font for the customized verizon theme I'm working on. I'm going to incorporate it into the pink propeller theme with the other adjustments and see what you think.

Russ.

08-06-09 02:38 PM
    you got it, just let me know when and i will reload it to my berry
    08-06-09 05:03 PM
    Here's an updated Pink version, I made some subtle changes to fonts and colors to increase the readability. Let me know if it works for you!

Propeller Pink - OTA OS 4.5
    08-06-09 07:50 PM
    hmmmmmm lot better i like it anyways!! THANK YOU
    08-06-09 08:08 PM
    Pink? LoL! I'll see what I can do for you. Are you talking a pink background or pink menus etc? I'll have a go at that with cal/mess.

Russ.

Either...I just love pink larger fonts for my old EYES..LOL
    08-06-09 10:32 PM
    Either...I just love pink larger fonts for my old EYES..LOL
    LOL! Luckily for me, my old eyes are sharp up close if I take my specs off, I like the smallish fonts so I can get more on my screen!

Let me know what you think of the latest pink I posted above. I can always make the fonts bigger!

Russ.

08-07-09 12:43 AM
    I like it but I would change the font color to white and make the background darker. And larger fonts

Last edited by islandgal808; 08-07-09 at 07:27 AM.
    08-07-09 07:20 AM
    Nice concept. But the font is way to small. Also would Like the date and time to be larger. Its a good start though.
    08-15-09 04:40 PM
    can I make a small request? can you make the pink one with all fonts BB Alpha Sans size 8? and make the overall background (like messages screen, when writing a text etc) black with light pink fonts? would love it!
    08-15-09 07:54 PM
    Really nice theme I like it a lot. The font is hard to read on my. Maybe just a soiled color or something then I think it would be perfect. Just my 2 cent. Thanks for making a great theme.
    08-15-09 10:13 PM
    downloaded the theme last night after the web host posted it as his favorite theme of the week. Great theme, love the colors, the icons, and the font resolution. It does get a little hard to read at times (like sitting at the dinner table trying to read under the table without anyone noticing), but I certainly like it more than the stock themes. One 'bug' I noticed, when I click on my profile speaker, then went to "advanced," the fonts were mashed together a little. Knowing nothing about making themes, I don't know what the means to you, but it is something I noticed.

I look forward to your next release. Keep them coming!!!
    08-16-09 01:18 PM
    @crimlaw: my next is here already, check out 'Lonely Planet'.

Thanks for all the great compliments, I'm going to read through all the comments again and post updates for both versions.

Thanks again!

Russ.

08-16-09 01:59 PM
    Could you do a red version? I'm seconding the larger time display request. And maybe 2 calender lines?
    08-17-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD