So I am new to the whole Blackberry thing. I just got the 8330 from Sprint. I downloaded the new Crackberry Theme but have not been able to install it. I downloaded it, it says its all installed. I go to options then Themes, but it dosnt show up in there? Does anyone have any thoughts ideas.. is there something im missing.

Thanks in advance!
    03-10-09 03:56 PM
    My boyfriend had a similar issue with his new Sprint BB 8330 this past weekend. He had to go to the sprint.com downloads page and upgrade his operating system. After he did that, he didn't have a problem installing the theme he'd downloaded.
    03-10-09 03:59 PM
    First, install BB Desktop Manager (on the disc that came with your phone) and hook your BB up to your computer via the USB cable.

Because I don't have at least 10 posts yet, this forum wouldn't let me post a link, but here are the directions to find the upgrade:

1. Go to Sprint(dot)com/downloads
    2. Go to "continue with Smartphones"
    3. Select your BB
    4. Click on "Software Version 4.5" and follow the instructions.

After that you shouldn't have problems with the newer themes
    03-10-09 04:05 PM
    Thanks. I actually already did the 4.5 upgrade. When I go to option >about I show v4.5.0.131 Im not sure if there is an even newer revision or not?
    03-10-09 04:09 PM
    sleon28 Welcome to the BB & CB world. I'm also from Illinois down near St Louis. Anyway yea that's the newest OS. What are you trying to do with CB? Are you wanting the CB launcher icon to where all you do is click on it & it opens CB in the mobile version?
    03-10-09 05:36 PM
    Hey whats goin on Tanker. I see we also have the same phone N carrier. I guess there is also a "World 8330" Blackberry that Sprint offers. However I did not see that one when I went to purchase mine.

Well What im attempting to do is download and install the free Crackberry theme thats posted on the front page.

I am able to download the file and install the theme, however when I go to look at the current themes that I have, I do not see the crackberry theme in the list?

Are the theme files just .cab files?
    03-10-09 07:41 PM
    Maybe try a battery pull while it's on wait about 30 or more seconds. Then put it back together & let the BB start on it's own.
    03-10-09 07:52 PM
    Thanks Alot Tank! I just reinstalled it.. and right after took the battery out n waited. It showed up. Thanks alot!
    03-10-09 11:39 PM
    Where can I get the crackberry theme ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD