I've had 2 blackberry Curve 8320's and an 8830 that won't charge. I went through Sprint's Assurion insurance to replace my phone twice, and now my new 8320, the 4th phone, is having the same problem. Am I doing something wrong, or is this indicative of the Curves. I know of at least 3 people who've had the same problem
    06-29-09 02:04 PM
    Are you using the same charger? I'm sure you're not but, you didn't mention that.
    06-29-09 02:06 PM
    The charging port is a problem area for sure and must be handled delicately as it is too easy to apply too much force or torque on the port, which can separate the soldered contacts from the main board.

Your usb cable/charger plug may be defective as well and may be contributing to damaging the port in the BB when plugged in.
    06-29-09 02:07 PM
    I'm using different chargers, but I have been sure to use only Blackberry chargers, on the last 2, still to no avail. That's crazy that I have to be delicate with the charger. I've never had to use foreplay with any other device
    06-29-09 02:25 PM
    I always use a charging dock whenever possible to save on wear and tear on the usb port.
    06-29-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD