Newbie question, Im a little worried that adding some of these new themes might screw up my blackberry. I need it 24/7 for work and am worried that adding a theme or app can screw up your BB. Like a PC with spyware or viruses?
    01-09-09 08:22 PM
    You don't have to worry about viruses or spyware. There're none yet confirmed. However, you can easily brick your BlackBerry by installing an incompatible theme. That's a real risk.
    01-09-09 08:28 PM
    Thanks i might just leave it as is then
    01-09-09 08:56 PM
    I'm a newbie too. Having my first BB for just over a month.
    I didn't like the look of it anyhow so I started downloading some nice themes. I have a few, I keep changing them. So far so good. No spy wares or viruses.
    01-09-09 08:59 PM
    BlackBerries, like anything that executes code, is vulnerable to malicious code... I have heard of at least one person having a BB screwed up due to this, but it was through spam and not theme...

As with any download, simply think twice about the source and you should be OK...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 09:07 PM
    JeffH is correct, there is no virus for BlackBerry as of yet...
    01-09-09 09:11 PM
    Famous last words

01-09-09 09:12 PM
    I was thinking about trying the bold theme danmcq posted a few threads down, would that be ok?
    01-09-09 09:31 PM
    I'm sure its fine, my point was to just be careful, ie don't dowqnload unsoliceted themes, etc...

01-09-09 09:36 PM
    thank you, i added it and it looks good
    01-09-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD