I am using the today theme tht came preinstalled on my 8330. For some reason, my calendar events aren't showing up on my home screen under calendar. How do I get them to show up?

Ed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 10:16 PM
    I just changed themes to check and my appointments for today showed up. I don't know why yours are not. The good news is that there will be one of these much more knowledgeable people come by and give you the answer later. But, before leaving, did you try a battery pull? That may resolve your issue. Good luck!
    09-10-08 07:35 AM
    One thing I noticed, was that if I go into calendar, and choose Menu | Select Calendar, three calendars show up, two of which are the names of my email accounts I have setup. The third, is the same as one of the other two. Also, the events from one of the calendars, which happens to be one of the duplicated, shows up on the today home page under calendar.

CD
    09-10-08 10:32 AM
    I am using the today theme tht came preinstalled on my 8330. For some reason, my calendar events aren't showing up on my home screen under calendar. How do I get them to show up?

Ed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The thing is the items will only show up if you set them up with certain email account, so you just have to try with which one it will work.
    09-10-08 10:37 AM
    It happened to me too after I upgraded to 4.5, you have to go in to options-advanced-default services and select which email address you have will be the default for the calendar.
    09-10-08 10:46 AM
    OK, I noticed that birthdays (coordinated from the address book) do not show up on Today themes, but everything I manually entered does. I have the one email address set as default, but when I open up those particular birthdays, they have my other email address, and it doesn't seem I can change it. Is there anyway to fix that?
    09-10-08 10:52 AM
    OK, I noticed that birthdays (coordinated from the address book) do not show up on Today themes, but everything I manually entered does. I have the one email address set as default, but when I open up those particular birthdays, they have my other email address, and it doesn't seem I can change it. Is there anyway to fix that?
    I noticed that too. But events that I enter as "all day events" dont show up either, but I do not know why. I guess, birthdays fit this category and dont show up. But I do get a reminder, its just not listed.
    09-10-08 11:20 AM
    This is one of my gripes with the Today theme - that "all day" events do not appear in the Calendar section. Also, that it only displays 2 events. I wish it was more flexible and would allow the user to add/delete sections to the main screen and allow for more lines per section. Oh well, to me it is still the best theme available.
    09-10-08 12:01 PM
    This is one of my gripes with the Today theme - that "all day" events do not appear in the Calendar section. Also, that it only displays 2 events. I wish it was more flexible and would allow the user to add/delete sections to the main screen and allow for more lines per section. Oh well, to me it is still the best theme available.
    I agree, and there are some custom themes out there, but I dont really like the look of any of them. We should be able to put whet we want on the home screen.
    09-10-08 12:05 PM
    As far as the two events, that is something that is designed in the theme itself. I created my own pink theme, and when someone requested that it have 3 entries in the calendar, I re-did it that way...

So you might want to check with the person who made the theme and see if they can make it have 3 entries in the calendar. Of course, you can always design your own too!
    09-10-08 12:07 PM
    I have a similar problem. I have a couple of appts that no longer show up on my Today theme. I believe it disappeared when I de-syncronized gmail from my Blackberry messenger. I put it back on, but now those appts still won't show. The appts that do show have Sent using: (my blackberry email acct) and the ones that don't show have Sent using: Default. How do I change it back to my blackberry acct?

Thanks!
    09-10-08 04:01 PM
    Don't know if its still relevant, but here's what I did.

I preferred the default calendar on my Bold, but for some reason it would never show up on the Home screen. I read this thread, and narrowed it down to the CICAL for the email accounts I had added (hotmail/gmail accounts). So i went through the service books, deleted the CICAL files associated with these two accounts (as i don't use them to plan my life), and restarted the unit. BAM - i have my calendar back on the home screen

Hope that helps someone.
    12-15-08 03:27 PM
    If you delete the CICAL service books, your calendar events will show up again. I sent the service books from my cell carrier's e-mail management web site and that's when my problems started.
    06-14-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD