I just downloaded my first theme with a weather slot and installed Weather Eye. Its alright, but doesn't have my city listed for some reason. Anyone here have a free weather app that they use in their weather slot that they really like?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 12:54 PM
    I just downloaded my first theme with a weather slot and installed Weather Eye. Its alright, but doesn't have my city listed for some reason. Anyone here have a free weather app that they use in their weather slot that they really like?

I use BeWeather Free......it list your city and is really accurate!
    01-31-10 01:28 PM
    BerryWeather is a fine app. Both the free and paid are good. Extra functions make paid my long time first choice.

01-31-10 03:50 PM
    BeWeather is cool because it shows the current temp for your city on the desktop icon itself.

02-01-10 12:07 PM
    I used WeatherEye for the longest time, works well although my local city was not found either..had to use next closest...no big deal. Just downloaded BeWeather though and LOVE it!! Wanted Berry Weather, but cannot justify cost, this is the same thing (icon on home screen with temp) but without extra bells & whistles...works for me!
    02-01-10 01:49 PM
    I like Weatherbug Direct
    02-01-10 04:09 PM
    I've also used both BeWeather (paid version and free version) and Weather Eye.

Currently, I am using Weather Eye because of its smaller footprint (about half the size). The one thing I do miss about BeWeather though is that it allows you to add multiple cities. And it is a bit nicer on the eyes. However the free version only gives daily forecast and not hourly.

Last edited by robr21; 02-02-10 at 06:29 PM.
    02-01-10 06:03 PM
    Using BBweather free. Had BeWeather free for a while, but went to their 3 day trial of the paid version to get the GPS feature. Glitch..won't work on my curve 8330 4.5. So, now with BBweather/GPS.

02-02-10 04:41 AM
    Actually, just saw that an updated version of Weather Eye was posted (2.0). Just installed and it does allow multiple cities now and provides hourly forcast and maps. No reason to ever switch back to BeWeather now.

02-02-10 07:04 PM
    Actually, just saw that an updated version of Weather Eye was posted (2.0). Just installed and it does allow multiple cities now and provides hourly forcast and maps. No reason to ever switch back to BeWeather now.

do you have link reference?

thanks.
    02-05-10 04:23 PM
    Search for Weather Eye in App World or http://blackberry.theweathernetwork.com

02-05-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD