just broke down finally paid for a theme had to have this one since you made it messages and calendar on the today theme installing as we speak glad you gave the half off coupon! will post in a few as to how i like it
    05-26-09 01:44 AM
    Amazing theme thanks for finally making a great today theme! Like I've seen stated the scrolling on home page is wierd u have to go right or left when ur brain is tellin u go down or up lol but ill be lookin forward to an update to make this theme perfect!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:45 AM
    I like it very much
    05-26-09 03:13 AM
    Hey all,

So I think I've got the font situation figured out and I'm going to fix up the scrolling on all the versions as well. Thanks for being patient, it's difficult when you don't own the device to get everything right on the first shot. Keep the input and suggestions coming, I'd like to get this one perfect.

Cheers,

Andrew
    05-26-09 09:56 AM
    Hey all,

So I think I've got the font situation figured out and I'm going to fix up the scrolling on all the versions as well. Thanks for being patient, it's difficult when you don't own the device to get everything right on the first shot. Keep the input and suggestions coming, I'd like to get this one perfect.

Cheers,

Andrew
    You have NOTHING to apologize for. This is a great theme, one of the best. Its clean, smooth and bright. It brings new life to my aging device. If you have to release a revision or two its no problem at all. Thanks again for a great theme at a great price.
    05-26-09 10:02 AM
    You have NOTHING to apologize for. This is a great theme, one of the best. Its clean, smooth and bright. It brings new life to my aging device. If you have to release a revision or two its no problem at all. Thanks again for a great theme at a great price.
    Ditto here!

05-26-09 10:10 AM
    Thanks Andrew...
    05-26-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks hastings, can't wait for the new version

05-26-09 12:36 PM
    Okay, so I've been going at it for a couple of hours and I have the font size reduced theme wide.

The only issue I'm running into is the scrolling issue.

I have two options:

Vertical Layout (scrolling up and down with the scrollball moves left/right and eventually to the Today area, scrolling right moves you to the Profile icon)
    Horizontal Layout (scrolling left/right moves you left/right across the dock, scrolling up moves you to the Profile icon, and scrolling left-most takes you to the Today area)

Which would you prefer?

For usability purposes the user has to be able to scroll left/right on the dock, so that makes horizontal the best option.

Youngspider:

You suggested using the vertical layout, but I find it less intuitive when you're using a horizontal dock.

It's so strange, on the newer devices I can actually map out the scroll path, which would have resolved this whole issue. =P
    05-26-09 06:20 PM
    Also, it's unlikely that I'll consider removing the Profile icon from the top banner.
    05-26-09 06:28 PM
    My issue wansn't with the type of scrolling but that you need to scrool to the right side of the dock to get to the calendar as opposed to the left side of the dock which is how it is on every other today theme I've used

05-26-09 06:29 PM
    My issue wansn't with the type of scrolling but that you need to scrool to the right side of the dock to get to the calendar as opposed to the left side of the dock which is how it is on every other today theme I've used

Cool. It would be great if you could even scroll both ways. Either way, I'll hold off on the release until tomorrow so I can get more input. As it stands it's pretty much the same thing as before but you scroll to the left now to access the Today area.
    05-26-09 06:37 PM
    I like the profile icon on the main screen

I like that you've taken the font size into considerations. Now that the text indicator is smaller, possible for one more calendar entry? LOL Can't blame me for trying.

I've gotten used to the left - right scrolling for the dock and on the today area, and up - down gets you to the profile and back down. Simply a lot of the other themes I've got/bought works that way. Being able to warp back to the beginning at the end is probably more practical, rather than coming to the end of the icon and back tracking to the beginning lol...

Keep us posted hastings
    05-26-09 06:53 PM
    Do you guys find the Today fonts too big? Unfortunately I can't change their size and maintain the white text with black outline, but if I just change the font to Arial (like the rest of the theme) and leave it as pure white text I can shrink it down and fit another entry.

My only concern is that this would limit your ability to see it if you have a very bright background.
    05-26-09 06:59 PM
    I would prefer another entry

05-26-09 07:02 PM
    I would perfer the non-black outline and have the Arial font with another entry.
    05-26-09 07:10 PM
    Aww man gotta wait for tomorrow, nooooo lol

05-26-09 07:32 PM
    Oh yea btw, I know you got a lot of work ahead of you, but seems like a lot of people also want the profile icon on the top left, so if anything I would suggest u have to versions, one with profile icon and the other without it so that both worlds can be happy

05-26-09 07:39 PM
    Quick question, I don't know if you design it that way or not, the today calendar version has no missed call icon, no incoming message icon and no voicemail icon on the banner. Anyone have the same problem?

Just wanted some insight on this, if it's part of the design.

thanks guys
    05-26-09 08:11 PM
    found out one other thing when you change the homescreen backround and try to go back to defaults the app screen backround is still the one you changed the home screen too it doesnt change back dunno if its a bug or what but a lil annoying
    05-26-09 10:37 PM
    It's a bug, I find that a few themes I own, do the same thing...just switch over to another theme than switch back, the application wallpaper will change back to what you have on the home screen.

When in doubt, battery pull

found out one other thing when you change the homescreen backround and try to go back to defaults the app screen backround is still the one you changed the home screen too it doesnt change back dunno if its a bug or what but a lil annoying
    05-26-09 10:50 PM
    First time I've posted here. First Theme I have paid for. Luckily the discount code was still available tonight

I really like this theme. Clean, fast, easy to read and recognize the Icons. I give it an A-

However, I agree with others. While I like the bouncing icon on the Mac, it really doesn't do us any good here. It actually causes a delay as I move the cursor across the icons. I'd really really like a version that didn't have this feature, but had everything else exactly the same.
    05-26-09 11:28 PM
    Wow so much input here lol, well hastings i like many others have purchased this theme and you did a good job here, couple of things of course i would liked changed but i already talked to you and got the answer for it lol. All in all its great i would not get rid of the profiles icon on the classic theme version it would kill it for me, as far as today goes i dont use it lol. I still say hidden dock or pop up dock is the next step man can cut us short man u can do the pop up like storm with 5 icons easly and have no lag i already made a version just dont have a set of crisp mac icons to flow with it... Keep it up man

05-26-09 11:30 PM
    Jayjay with the never ending hidden dock, who's a wallpaper junkie by the way...lol :P
    You don't have to use the Today theme, that's why hastings included the whole series when purchased.

I rather not see a hidden dock, this series has already released...
    Last edited by fu53d; 05-27-09 at 07:51 AM.
    05-27-09 07:48 AM
    Update complete.

Use the same OTA links you've already been using.

- Menu list font size reduced (2 font sizes lower)
    - Dialog box prompt font size reduced (2 font sizes lower)
    - Button font size reduced.
    - 'Messages' list font size reduced.
    - Lock screen font changed.
    - Homescreen Today area font changed and reduced.
    - One more entry in the Today area for each version.
    - Scroll path fixed.
    - General alignment issues fixed.
    05-27-09 05:38 PM
262 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD