Hey lauren, I also posted on this issue earlier this week, after i discovered there weren't any. I wanted to know if it was a part of the design to be left out or it was missed. There isn't any notification icons at all, like missed calls, bb message, text message, voice mail.
    Hmm...I will look into this immediately. There definitely should be, and there were on my test units.

Which version were you using, fused?
    05-28-09 03:26 PM
    Also try resetting the theme defaults.

Options -> Themes -> highlight AppleBerry -> BB Hardware Key -> Reset Theme Defaults.

I suspect it's an isolated problem since the notifications work fine on the simulator, and I would think more people would have raised the issue. =P
    05-28-09 03:32 PM
    Hasting, i'm using the AppleberryTC, i've given myself missed calls and there arin't any missed call icons on the banner area, i just reset the default settings too

Hmm...I will look into this immediately. There definitely should be, and there were on my test units.

Which version were you using, fused?
    05-28-09 03:47 PM
    Anyone else having similar issues with the Today Calendar version? Notification icons not showing up on the banner?
    05-28-09 09:52 PM
    I'm getting some hands on time tomorrow night with an honest to goodness 8330, so I'll be resolving it. It is strange though because you would expect a good amount of people to mention a huge bug like that.

If anybody else is having the problem, post! =P
    05-28-09 10:13 PM
    sounds good hastings, yeah I do find it odd too, the only other user to experience that was laurencerust.

I tired missed calls, leaving voice mails and receiving text...no notification at all. I tired resetting theme back to default, switching themes back and fourth and battery pulls... :S
    05-28-09 10:18 PM
    sounds good hastings, yeah I do find it odd too, the only other user to experience that was laurencerust.

I tired missed calls, leaving voice mails and receiving text...no notification at all. I tired resetting theme back to default, switching themes back and fourth and battery pulls... :S
    Which OS are you running? Just so I can compare.
    05-28-09 10:20 PM
    I'm running on 4.5.0.124
    05-28-09 10:25 PM
    Awesome, thanks. (again)

Like I said I should have a better idea tomorrow since I'll have access to an 8320, and two 8330's each with varying OS'.

Cheers and goodnight!
    05-28-09 10:34 PM
    Once again, thanks...

Have a great one, good night
    05-28-09 10:35 PM
    Hastings, any free versions I could use for my 8330 curve? Thanks
    05-28-09 10:47 PM
    I'm runnin .77 and using today calendar with messages theme no notification icons for anything I had the notification icons before I updated to 1.1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:24 PM
    I'm extremely picky when it comes to themes, but this one passes the test. I love this theme. Bought it twice, once for my storm and once for my curve.

05-28-09 11:45 PM
    Updates are perfect, except for one thing.. The text that appears as the subject of a box, like an uninstall box, is still huge. It should probably come down 2-3 sizes.

Like the text in this picture that says "Delete Items" in white, is far to big on your theme.

Other then that everything looks great.
    Last edited by lievrouw; 05-29-09 at 03:36 PM.
    05-29-09 03:29 PM
    Updates are perfect, except for one thing.. The text that appears as the subject of a box, like an uninstall box, is still huge. It should probably come down 2-3 sizes.

Like the text in this picture that says "Delete Items" in white, is far to big on your theme.

Other then that everything looks great.
    In a couple of hours I get to sit down with several 83XX's so I'm going to nitpick it apart. I'm also going to solve the mystery of the disappearing notification icons. (=

Like I said, I'll keep updating it until I get it right.

Cheers,

Andrew
    05-29-09 04:28 PM
    yay, thanks hastings

the mystery of the disappearing notifications icons indeed
    05-29-09 04:58 PM
    Thanks for all of your hard work on this great theme!

05-29-09 05:27 PM
    lievrouw, good call on that. Any earlier request to have any font size reduced in the theme, I'm all for it.

I'm gonna quickly make another one now (don't kill me :P) The font size on the lock screen could be a bit smaller, that's if anyone agrees with me.

But anyways, like you said you have a few 83xx devices so you'll do some testing
    05-29-09 07:44 PM
    Okay.

Version 1.2 released.

Use the same links as before.

Change log:

Increased list font size +1.
    Fixed notifications.
    Decreased lock screen font size -3.

I had to pull a veto on the font size issue, I spent the night with four 83XX's and their users all loaded them up and we discussed and debated font sizes and the general consensus was that the dialogue boxes were fine, but the list font size was too small. I agree, the list font size looked out of place, so I made it just a tiny but bigger.

The lock screen font size definitely needed to come down, that was a no brainer. (thanks fused)

And notifications...they just didn't work. I patched them up and made them the same size as the regular 83XX notification icons, but replaced them with 4.7 OS style icons.

In case any of you are wondering why I don't skin the notification icons to make them more Apple-esque, it's because this theme is AppleBerry. It's not a Mac OSX theme, it's designed to merge the Mac OS with the BlackBerry OS as elegantly as possible.

This likely won't be the last update, so as usual feel free to nitpick. =P

Cheers,

Andrew
    05-30-09 10:02 AM
    PS - Thanks for all the patience guys/gals. It takes a while to get things perfect since I don't have the device.
    05-30-09 10:06 AM
    Downloading now, nit-picking later!

Thanks again Hastings.
    05-30-09 11:12 AM
    Hasting, great updates. Took note of all the changes and they are great. In terms of skinning the notification icons, it's fine the way they are, as you mentioned....Appleberry is the name of the theme, i'm just happy to see the notification icons lol. Thanks for updating to the 4.7 icons, just a quick screen shot. I'll see what others has to nit-pick lol. Thanks again

05-30-09 12:26 PM
    After using this theme for several days I will say it is still a great theme...but I do have one small criticism/update I would like to see...

User definable fonts...The reason for this is that the fonts are fairly large and arent' able to be changed...I personally like my fonts as small as possible (I keep them at a 7)....Yet these are probably....12 or 14?

I just like being able to see as much of a message as possible in my message list as well as having more contacts showing up on the screen at any given time...the larger the font the less space there is for messages and contacts
    05-30-09 01:16 PM
    Great update, way better

05-30-09 06:37 PM
    I thing I've noticed now that I started using push email is that the time is cut off, I don't see why though because it is a much smaller font. It does not make sence though because I got a message earlier at 4:36am and it looked perfect but a message that I got today at 4:36pm it shows as 4:3.. Which is odd, I can live on with it though, just an observation

05-30-09 06:47 PM
262 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD