Maybe it's just me, but when I put the today themes on my 8350i they don't show up in the themes menu. Tried a battery pull, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
    03-13-09 08:37 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but when I put the today themes on my 8350i they don't show up in the themes menu. Tried a battery pull, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
    Most likely not you de, it occurred to me after I posted that these were most likely written for the 8330 or the 4.5 OS. That being the case they won't run on the 8350i and will act just like you've posted.

dylan did say they were meant to mimic the 8350i themes and that's most likely as far as the compatibility goes.
    03-13-09 09:13 AM
    Correct. This theme designed for the 4.5 os, not 4.6. Sorry for not explaining that in my first post. Thanks for the compliments wpwren

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 09:20 AM
    You're welcome on the comment and I really like the likeness of your themes to what's on my phone. You did explain it enough, I was having a problem with my eye brain coordination and got excited at the same time.
    03-13-09 09:31 AM
    It's a dandy theme indeed! I'll use this for a while I think! Thanks for making it free too!
    03-13-09 10:04 AM
    So has anyone found any bugs?
    I'm using the "L" theme, and it has been working really seemlessly so far! It's really a well put together theme! The only very small bug that I've found is that on the home screen the icons seem to be just slightly off center. It's really not too noticable, but I'm OCD about that kind of stuff. Other than that, it's a top notch theme!

Oh yeah, and I noticed a comment about a Alpha Sans 7 bold? I think the Alpha Sans 8 is a good size font, I would also like to see something just slightly smaller!

Found one other thing. On the phone call screen (during an active call) the volume meter is really really small!

That's all! Thanks!
    Last edited by elvin1983; 03-13-09 at 10:50 AM.
    03-13-09 10:10 AM
    Correct. This theme designed for the 4.5 os, not 4.6. Sorry for not explaining that in my first post. Thanks for the compliments wpwren

So this is an 8350i today theme, for the the 83xx 4.5, that mimics the 8350i 4.6 today theme that we don't even have on the 8350i? NICE!
    03-13-09 10:36 AM
    Thank you everyone for the compliments and bugs. I will try to work on them today after work. The off center icon issue is the only one I don't know how to fix. I checked a lot of the icons and the are all centered, but when the are on the home screen, they are off centered for some reason. I will get updated versions of all the themes out tonight with as much fied as I can get.

Data engine, I don't know if you are complimenting me or trying to be smart, so ill just assume you are being nice, therefore thank you.

03-13-09 12:29 PM
    I think I could easily make a today theme for the 8350. Would you guys like it if I did that? As far as I know, it would probably take me all of 15 minutes to make it.

03-13-09 12:32 PM
    Thank you everyone for the compliments and bugs. I will try to work on them today after work. The off center icon issue is the only one I don't know how to fix. I checked a lot of the icons and the are all centered, but when the are on the home screen, they are off centered for some reason. I will get updated versions of all the themes out tonight with as much fied as I can get.

Data engine, I don't know if you are complimenting me or trying to be smart, so ill just assume you are being nice, therefore thank you.

Sorry to bug you about this, but were you planning on changing the font on the "L" theme to a normal 8 alpha sans by chance? That's really the one thing that I'd like to see done more than anything else! Thanks!

I think it's really cool as well that you're asking for so much feed back! That's really great thanks again!
    03-13-09 12:59 PM

Well, actually neither, just lamenting the fact that there is NO today theme that comes with the 8350i. I'll bet you'll be working on plasmic 4.7 soon, and will develop something awesome like these themes for the 8350i.
    03-13-09 01:03 PM
    Oh ok I never knew that. Weird it doesn't come with a today version. I am actually going totry to make a today version for the 8350 tonight. Keep watch on the thread!

03-13-09 02:29 PM
    Is the menu font the only one you would like me to change? Are the other fonts ok?
    03-13-09 02:45 PM
    Is the menu font the only one you would like me to change? Are the other fonts ok?
    The menu font wasn't really an issue, it was really the font in the messages sections, address book, etc. Like whenever I would use the Dimension L theme that came on my curve, I just set it for Alpha Sans size 8, and it made it that size and font across the board, messages, menu etc you know? Like I said, the Menu size was no problem, it was really just the size whenever you click into the message folder/sms mms folder/e-mail/ and whenever i look up a contact in the address book...

Sorry... I'm kind of rambling!
    03-13-09 02:53 PM
    The menu font wasn't really an issue, it was really the font in the messages sections, address book, etc. Like whenever I would use the Dimension L theme that came on my curve, I just set it for Alpha Sans size 8, and it made it that size and font across the board, messages, menu etc you know? Like I said, the Menu size was no problem, it was really just the size whenever you click into the message folder/sms mms folder/e-mail/ and whenever i look up a contact in the address book...

Sorry... I'm kind of rambling!
    So it would be the list font. I will change that to Alpha Sans 8 then. Thanks for the help. I will try to get the updated versions of the Bottom Dock and L Version out pretty soon, as there wasn't much I need to fix.

As for the volume icon during the active call, I can scale the image to make it larger, but the icon becomes distorted. Also, If I use the icon used on the Bold, it is too large. So, I don't know if there is much I can do with this problem. Sorry!
    03-13-09 02:58 PM
    [QUOTE=dylanledbetter;1947973]Oh ok I never knew that. Weird it doesn't come with a today version. I am actually going totry to make a today version for the 8350 tonight. Keep watch on the thread!/QUOTE]

The 8350i comes with two bottom dock precision themes, or at least the one I have did.

It would be great if you could do the message calender version w\full banner.
    03-13-09 03:02 PM
    Just updated the Bottom Dock and L Versions. Fixed the font sizes on the L Version and the scrolling direction on the Bottom Dock Version. Now I will go to work on the Today Versions. Continue to let me know of any bugs! Thanks!
    03-13-09 03:11 PM
    Good luck with the 8350i themes

03-13-09 03:14 PM
    Working on it right now, looking good. Thanks.
    03-13-09 03:15 PM
    ...And thank you!

03-13-09 03:16 PM
    I have it, give me a few minutes. Would you like me to post it or send it to you?
    03-13-09 03:23 PM
    Haha don't bother. I forgot to set the navigation for the icons. Let me fix it real quick and then re-post the files. Sorry about that.
    03-13-09 03:24 PM
    No problem...quick reply back on your part...I was just going to the alx with DM.
    03-13-09 03:27 PM
    Ok I just updated the file. I'm not sure if I did it right because the navigation is way different than in previous OS's. You can scroll left and right through the bottom dock, and you may scroll up to the calendar while on any of those icons. I'm not sure how you get to the profiles icon. Get back with me when you are done testing it out. Everything else but the home screen is defaulted so most of it should be bug free already.
    03-13-09 03:29 PM
    Modified the Today versions to look a little better and fixed the list font sizes on those too. I'm still trying to figure out the icon shift problem, but I may not figure that out any time soon, so I will probably update the files once I am done checking for bugs. Thanks to all for helping me make this theme perfect! My next order of business is to attempt scaling the profiles icon down to a smaller size, like on the 8350.

wren any word on that theme I made for you?
    Last edited by dylanledbetter; 03-13-09 at 03:52 PM.
    03-13-09 03:48 PM
398 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD