I LOVE this theme, but i am having an issue I can't seem to figure out.

The mail notification Icon does not put an "*" on the mailbox itself on either of the desktops when I get a new email. In all of the screen shots I've seen with this theme, it does show the "*" on a mailbox for a new email.

As the pic shows, it does show the new mail notification at the top/center of the screen on the desktop just fine, just not on the actual mailbox icon itself. I liked having this because when I get a new email, i can easliy tell which mailbox recieved it.

This apples to both email accounts I have on my blackberry. The SMS and MMS notification DOES show the "*" when I have a new text, just not on emails.

I don't have this issue using other themes, just this one.

I have tried reinstalling the theme, and hard reboots, still no success.

I have version: elemental zen version 2007.11.12.2247

BB Curve 8320 with TMO
    Version 4.2.2.180

I have searched here and in crackberry.com looking for a solution with no success.

Any suggestions?
    02-02-08 10:41 AM
    Try a battery pull. BTW, I don't see any pic. Perhaps you aren't allowed to post a pic for your first few posts.
    02-02-08 12:00 PM
    when i said i did a "hard reboot" i meant I pulled the battery.

Still didn't change anything, the problem still exists.

Thanks for your reply though.
    02-02-08 12:45 PM
    I found the answer, sort of.

This issue seems to only be an issue when using the "Elemental" theme with the "yahoo" mail icon. The BB Mail Icon shows the new mail notification "*" ok in this theme.

If I change the theme back to one of the pre-installed themes on the curve, like "Dimension" theme, the Yahoo mail icon shows the red asterick new mail notication just fine. So it must be a bug in the elemental theme.
    Last edited by ebaybobmc312; 02-04-08 at 06:29 PM.
    02-04-08 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD