I'm a newb and have been hearing about this 'Zen' theme and went over to themes4bb and they were posting about a 'today' theme.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is, if any?
    03-20-08 12:04 PM
    just two different styles

Of the themes I have, Dimension Today shows calendar events and missed call information on the home screen

Dimension Zen has small icons that flush to the left. When you hover over the icon a description pops up (your email address, etc)
    03-20-08 12:12 PM
    gotcha, thanks!
    03-20-08 12:20 PM
    There's primarily three styles of Home screen layouts (the Home screen being the screen that shows your wallpaper) - Icon, Zen and Today.

* "Icon" displays your entire menu on the Home screen; it is basically the same as keeping the menu open 24/7, but with your wallpaper visible in the background.
    * "Today" gives you a summary of your day, listing upcoming appointments, unread messages and so forth, with your wallpaper in the background...
    * "Zen" shows your wallpaper and has a list of six icons down the extreme left side of the screen, offering quick access to your favoruite applications; five of the icons can be customized to whatever you see fit (the sixth is reserved for the menu).

Although rare, there are other custome theme layouts:
    * The "L Theme" is a variation of the "Zen" theme, with six icons down the left side, and x (ten?) Icons down the bottom side of your screen; usually only the icons on the left can be customized, but this type of theme is popular because somewhere in the vicinity of 15 icons can be displayed on-screen, meaning that once customized, you may never have to leave your Home screen!.
    * The "CrackBerry.Com User & Abuser" themes feature five icons at the bottom of the screen; these cannot be customized, but offer quick access to the most popular functions - the "User" theme is suited for everyday users, whilst the "Abuser" is best suited to advanced users... The five icons differ between the two themes, and both can be downloaded from the CrackBerry.com online store (wirelessly, if preferred).

There may be other types of themes available, but these are the most common ones...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 07:04 PM
    I should've added that the CrackBerry.com themes are free too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 07:07 PM
    There's also Today Plus. It shows the calendar, messages etc, and rolling your scroll ball to the right opens up a zen-type icon menu.
    03-20-08 07:23 PM
    will this be a memory leak if it's open all the time
    on" displays your entire menu on the Home screen; it is basically the same as keeping the menu open 24/7, but with your wallpaper visible in the background.
    Last edited by ep1; 03-20-08 at 08:33 PM.
    03-20-08 07:25 PM
    Can someone point me in the right direction of where I can find the free themes on crackberry.com as cowboy pointed out?
    Much Thanks!
    03-20-08 07:30 PM
    personally i prefer ICON
    03-26-08 05:00 PM
    Can someone point me in the right direction of where I can find the free themes on crackberry.com as cowboy pointed out?
    Much Thanks!
    Scroll to the top of this page and click the "Forums" tab. Then scroll down to "Wallpapers and Themes"
    03-26-08 05:37 PM
    I used to love Icon but then my screen just look cluttered.. now, it's the L Theme.

You can look at a lot of free themes if you just google 'free blackberry themes'.
    03-26-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD