First off i have searched with little results.

I just got my 8330 yesterday and could watch youtube videos without any problems.

Today when i go to view a video i get error messages. I have tried resetting the unit and it still dosent work.

Version 4.5.0.77

Any ideas?
    03-10-09 01:48 AM
    Not really into youtube so I am not familiar with how they react with a berry but have you tried clearing the cache on the BB? Have you installed any recent apps? What is the error message?

browser>options>cache operations
    03-10-09 02:08 AM
    Yup cleared the cache. No dice.
    Error message is "error playing" "an error has occurred attempting to play media"
    As far as new apps since yesterday.. I downloaded a free GPS program but have since deleted it because i didnt like it.
    Other than that i have deleted some apps that i dont like or wont use to free up memory. None of those would have an effect on this... At least i dont think so.
    03-10-09 02:16 AM
    I had the same issue with the You tube app for my Storm. I had to delete the app and reinstall. It's worked fine ever since.

Seems to be the trick for every Msoft issue I've ever had - glad to see it worked for the Storm too :-)
    03-10-09 02:33 AM
    There is no app. Its just from the youtube mobile page.
    03-10-09 12:24 PM
    It seems playing You Tube is hit or miss. Someone the other day suggested that the network was not able to keep up with the demand so it would say an error in the file. Kind of makes sense to me.

You may want to try Http://www.tinytube.net. It has most of what you would find on YouTube and you can download them to your BB if you want.

Good Luck!
    03-10-09 12:34 PM
    Did you do the Smiple "battery pull"? Just tossing out an idea.
    03-10-09 01:16 PM
    I may be way off on this but I thought Youtube used flash which was not supported on the older BBs like the 8300
    03-10-09 01:39 PM
    Yup, tried battery pull.
    Break.com works fine though.. wierd
    03-10-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD