really? THAT'S the full screen?

why can't it be, the ACTUAL full screen? is there a way? please let me know, thanks.
    08-05-08 04:19 AM
    ............huh?
    08-05-08 04:21 AM
    really? THAT'S the full screen?

why can't it be, the ACTUAL full screen? is there a way? please let me know, thanks.
    Be more concise when explaining stuff then you would definitely get your questions answered.
    08-05-08 04:52 AM
    i think the poster is saying that when he goes to youtube and selects the full screen mode, the video is not truly on the whole screen. i think...
    08-05-08 06:12 AM
    Yep that's exactly what he means

The video will only talke up half or a third of the screan

I've been trying to figure a fix for this as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 06:15 AM
    Yep! This has annoyed me too. When I switch to full screen mode, it simply removes the visual controls on the bottom of the screen...arrgh!
    08-05-08 06:30 AM
    Woah easy there, glo. No need to get snappy. Your original post was a bit jumbled and didn't really adress what you issue was completely.

That is how YouTube is on BB's. We didn't used to have it at all, so I would say this is better than nothing, right?

08-05-08 09:55 AM
    YouTube on BB sucks and is completely unwatchable. RIM has a long way to go as far as this goes.
    08-05-08 10:08 AM
    I don't think it's strictly a fault with RIM. I think it is a restriction on the part of youtube. I believe they are resizing the videos for mobile devices. Despite the fact that many mobile devices are capable of playing full screen video. I think it is laziness on the part of the youtube designers to not set up the site to detect what device you are using and properly size the video. Perhaps I'm expecting too much out of web developers but I get so tired of running into sites that just don't bother to include proper web standards in their sites so that the site doesn't work on all browsers and platforms properly. This sort of lackadaisical attitude isn't in application development so it really is sad to see web developers to not hold to a higher standard of coding as application developers do.

08-06-08 03:04 AM
    why can't it be, the ACTUAL full screen?
    Because that's the way mobile video for YouTube is. They resize the video for mobile devices. Despite having a 320x240 screen on your device, you can't make it any bigger when the video is only 100 something x 100 something.

Also, in the future if you are coming out and asking people a question and wanting help, I would try to be a little less rude and refrain from calling people names who are trying to help you. Else you will probably find yourself reported quite often and possibly find yourself banned. Just an FYI....
    08-06-08 09:58 AM
    YouTube on BB sucks and is completely unwatchable. RIM has a long way to go as far as this goes.
    It has nothing to do with RIM, its the resolution of videos on mobile YouTube that is the issue.
    08-06-08 10:00 AM
    I do believe the Berry can play an actual full screen if you have a video sized to 320x240. Im guessing from either desktop manager or from the net. I have yet to do this but blackberry videos sites have tv shows and such u can get and it displays them full screen.
    08-06-08 11:48 AM
    It has nothing to do with RIM, its the resolution of videos on mobile YouTube that is the issue.
    the video player should have a zoom/fit to screen option. imho

don't really need upscaling, so cpu is not an issue. just a simple zoom would be nice.
    10-15-08 04:24 PM
    it's not completely unwatchable, but it's not great quality either.

I'm just glad it's even able to view them.
    10-15-08 04:40 PM
    So what your saying is that there's. no way to increase the size? I've had my BB 8330 since August and I def think I've watched YouTube in full screen. Tried it recently and couldn't get full screen.

10-15-08 06:56 PM
    after upgrading to 4.5 no videos have played in true full screen for me
    even the ones that i have converted and dropped onto my microsd
    any answers for that
    10-15-08 07:05 PM
    I had YouTube fullscreen on my LG Dare when in landscape mode, but they accomplished this by stretching the video. I found myself reverting back to the standard mode because it was sharper and more clear.

BUT, I traded up to a VZW 8330 Curve because I needed more functionality. Plus, I didn't buy a bb for YouTube. I bought it because it is by far the most functional device on the market that fits my needs.

<br>
    The small video size on m.youtube.com is controlled by YouTube. Whether or not your mobile device can stretch it to fullscreen is a function of the media player your watching it in. The bb media player doesn't stretch videos...yet.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 10-15-08 at 07:50 PM.
    10-15-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD