So I just installed the 4.5 beta for my 8310 and I'm wondering if there are any fixes to getting m.youtube.com to work properly or if I'm just stuck without it working until the full release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 11:53 PM
    I haven't found it. Although I have not tested it out since I wiped the OS out with JL. I will try tonight.
    04-03-08 11:55 PM
    JL wipes it I was just about to start it... is that something that happens to alotta ppl?

04-04-08 12:11 AM
    Maybe one person has said to have youtube working...
    04-04-08 12:16 AM
    So far, I don't know of anyone with an 8310 that has youtube, html e-mail, or Docs-to-Go working with the beta OS.

04-04-08 12:22 AM
    I don't think we were supposed to get html emails but as for docs to go I registered it so far lol... Haven't tried it yet. But nobodys had luck with yt on the 8310 huh only those tmo guys with their 8320s huh?

04-04-08 12:31 AM
    There has been so many issues with this beta, many have gone back to their previous OS.

04-04-08 12:35 AM
    The only issues I'm having are:
    No BB Maps
    Occassional signal loss

Such minor problems I can wait to be sorted.

04-04-08 04:34 AM
    I don't think we were supposed to get html emails but as for docs to go I registered it so far lol... Haven't tried it yet. But nobodys had luck with yt on the 8310 huh only those tmo guys with their 8320s huh?

You're right. The e-mail was held up. BES has to get it first. I have (well, had) Empower Pro on my berry. Huge difference without it. I'll stick it out and see what happens - unless someone has a newer beta version and wants to send by pm
    04-04-08 12:24 PM
    I haven't found it. Although I have not tested it out since I wiped the OS out with JL. I will try tonight.
    This may be a stupid question, but what is JL? Can't seem to make the connection, I just think of the audio company

So far, I don't know of anyone with an 8310 that has youtube, html e-mail, or Docs-to-Go working with the beta OS.

My YT doesn't work either, docs-to-go works fine though. I loaded a few .doc files onto my memory card and they open up fine. I can also switch to edit mode and edit them. I even loaded some .doc files with pictures and charts embedded and they both worked as well.
    04-04-08 12:29 PM
    I just tried youtube at work and it worked! I guess it wont work with uma at home. At work I have full signal bc of the tmo tower on top our building. Streaming is fast no lag, but the screen is not really full screen and the quality is decent. It definitely needs more improvement.
    04-04-08 12:51 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but what is JL? Can't seem to make the connection, I just think of the audio company

My YT doesn't work either, docs-to-go works fine though. I loaded a few .doc files onto my memory card and they open up fine. I can also switch to edit mode and edit them. I even loaded some .doc files with pictures and charts embedded and they both worked as well.

JL Commander is an application. It allows you to do things like wipe your berry before downloading and reinstalling the handheld OS.
    04-04-08 12:52 PM
    It wouldnt work for me but someone posted in general discussion thread of a site that streams youtube videos that worked on bb 4.5 os i dont have time or else i would find it and link but look there it should be torwards the top
    04-04-08 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD