I've never had problems with watching youtube videos on my BB curve 8330...until now. I've reset all of the javascript settings, checked everything else and everything seems fine.

Is anyone having problems viewing youtube videos? If so and its been fixed, what did it take to fix it?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 12:28 PM
    ive been having issues lately myself...

i dont watch them that often but in the past ive seen 6-7 minute long vids but now i cant get through a 3 minute music video. and this isnt even a 'real' music video. its just a screen shot of the album cover!

it will stop the 'audible' part but it keeps playing and eventually comes back on but with a sizable 'chunk' missing. then before it ends, i get a popup that says there was an error playing the file and i have to close the application...

i have no idea how to fix it and im not sure i could be walked through the procedure so ill just not use it (bb) to watch youtube...
    05-13-10 08:36 PM
    Do a search on the blog section of CB..There was a post a few days ago about a decent youtube app and I think it was free..Its called "youtube player" I believe.

Added link below

Free YouTube Player For BlackBerry Now Available | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by gothookah; 05-14-10 at 03:23 AM.
    05-14-10 03:16 AM
    I downloaded that app you suggested and all I get when I try to open it is:

Error starting Player for Youtube: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.Touchevent' not found.

Not sure why. My phone has been wiped & cleaned, had software upgraded, all that kinda stuff to make it run smoothly. Who knows. I never used to have so many problems with apps when I first bought the phone. Just so happens it started doing weird things when apps such as Twitter mysteriously ends up on my homescreen. I think my phone is cursed lol..

05-14-10 05:18 PM
    The app doesn't work for 4.5 devices.
    I can't load youtube videos on my 8330m either.

05-15-10 12:43 AM
    Oops my bad..Sorry about that.
    05-15-10 03:41 AM
    I've never had problems with watching youtube videos on my BB curve 8330...until now. I've reset all of the javascript settings, checked everything else and everything seems fine.

Is anyone having problems viewing youtube videos? If so and its been fixed, what did it take to fix it?

Thanks

I don't know if the problem has been fixed yet, but previously, people who had downloaded and installed Opera Mini 5 could not play YouTube vids. If you have OM5 installed, try uninstalling it, rebooting, and try YouTube.
    05-15-10 01:23 PM
    I don't know if the problem has been fixed yet, but previously, people who had downloaded and installed Opera Mini 5 could not play YouTube vids. If you have OM5 installed, try uninstalling it, rebooting, and try YouTube.
    OM5 or youtube? I'll take OM5 thanks.
    If that's the problem though, as least I'm no longer wondering why. Can anyone confirm this?

05-15-10 03:57 PM
    Try going to Vuclip web video search. You enter search terms and it will find youtube videos as well as others.
    05-15-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD