I've added my friend with the curve as well (we both have it) and ever time I send her a message on Yahoo, her phone makes a noise and vibrates. Mine doesn't. It's weird but it's driving her crazy. We tried to do BB messenger but it wouldn't let us add each other we are both hanging out under 'pending'. I assume it's just taking a while. Help!!

Thanks!
    04-07-08 09:07 PM
    As for the yahoo messenger check the settings under the sound profle you have set at the present time (normal, phone only, etc.). There is an "Advanced" area when you scroll down past the last sound profile and you can set the different types of sounds (if any) that you'd like to hear on certain occasions like SMS, phone call, e-mail, etc.

As for the BB messenger, I beleive you have to accept the invitation from your firend and her from you so it can go past the pending stage.

Hope this helps.
    04-07-08 09:18 PM
    Thanks. I figured out the yahoo thing. As for the bb messenger, I added her first and she never got the add but it's under my pending. Then she added my pin but I didn't get the request and now I'm showing as pending under her and neither of us can accept
    04-07-08 09:25 PM
    I feel ur pain... It happens to me and I just keep going back and forth between both devices and sometime I'll try it using a different e-mail address since most of us have more than one. Keep trying it'll happen... but it was much easier on the 8700 than the Curve.
    04-07-08 10:23 PM
    Thanks. I figured out the yahoo thing. As for the bb messenger, I added her first and she never got the add but it's under my pending. Then she added my pin but I didn't get the request and now I'm showing as pending under her and neither of us can accept
    You didn't get her request because she was already under pending, so BBM is waiting for her. You both should remove each other from pending, and one try adding the other again.
    04-07-08 10:38 PM
    You both have BB service data plans. I just saw a post from someone else about that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 11:54 PM
    Delete each other and do a battery pull and then one of you add the other by PIN.
    Hope you get thru fast enough...I had some problems with my pending BBM contact last month too.
    04-08-08 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD