im having a hard time here and im hoping you guys can help me..i have a verizon curve 8330 and i was trying to download yahoo go from the browser to set as the homepage and it downloaded ..but..right after it finished downloading it downloaded again and it wont let me access it...im so confused and i dont want to keep playing around in fear i will mess up my blackberry...i hope someone here can guide me in the right direction
    12-11-08 02:35 PM
    What is your OS and did you Bookmark the Yahoo Go?
    12-11-08 02:56 PM
    my os is the 4.5 ( my curve came with that os) and i couldnt bookmark it because it wanted to download a 2nd time..i did however bookmark google,i could try setting that as the homepage if you could please help me
    12-11-08 02:59 PM
    Go into your browser and pull up google. Then Menu > Options > Browser Configuration. Scroll to the bottom...google should show up as home page address. Click "Use Current" > Menu > Save Options. Go directly to General Properties and change the Default Font Size...just assign a different number and save the change. Later you can switch it back. You should be set up with your google browser. This is what I have done with my 4.5 OS Alltel. Someone else came up with the Font switch.

There has been a lot of talk about this in different threads. After I switched my BB off last night, the old browser was back this AM. Sorry, but this is as close as I can get there. From all the gossip, there seems to be an issue with 4.5 OS and changing the browser....and making it stick.

12/12/08...OK! I repeated the above process incl turning my BB off last night and this time it stuck.
    Last edited by DoomRX; 12-12-08 at 07:48 AM. Reason: clarification
    12-11-08 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD