Ok i have searched all over and assuming that I missed a thread about this. BUT after I updated to 4.5os my icon for my email changed from a plain icon with an envelope to the yahoo email icon. I have a yahoo email but has never been set up on this phone. Is there a way I can change it back to the regular envelope?
    Oh yeah i tried deleting the email acct from the phone and reregistering the info and then resetting up the email again and the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Rick
    12-20-08 06:12 AM
    I had to revive this tread because this happens on my wifes phone as well. I did a battery pull, resent service books, uninstalled the email, battery pull, service books, reinstalled the email (all in that order) and still shows the damn Yahoo icon instead of a regular envelope. Not a big deal but that icon bothers us. (more her than I) Anyone have a real solution to this problem? I've read a lot about it and there doesn't seem to be a real good solution yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: The email account she is using is a verizon.net account where the Yahoo icon appears.
    Last edited by SaltAquatics; 01-13-09 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added email service provider
    01-13-09 08:28 PM
    I have been hearing about this as well, i am curious for the reason too...
    01-13-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD